Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 8: Big Tits in Houston

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I don’t think these coaches can develop a QB. Get ready for Caserio to have a third HC under him.
I’m in my feelings. Tomorrow I’ll be fine & get back on enjoying the process.

But I’m going to have to see miracle type progress before I’m okay bringing any of these coaches back.

At the same time I don’t want to see another Caserio coaching search.

Clean house

vtech9

All Pro
Agreed. Rock & a hard place. We're screwed.

We don't have an owner who knows how to find a GM.

We don't have a GM that knows how to find a HC.

Players are going to get washed out because of the ineptitude from the sidelines up.
I honestly don't think our GM was allowed to pick the HC he wanted. I think the Lovie decision was a Cal decision. I think Caserio wanted Gannon or O'Connell.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
They also tried to build it out and had the 3 time defensive mvp and how did that work?
Not so good. But I think O’Brien screwed that up.

Wish we had a couple of more years with Kubiak & Wade. Two coaches that knew how to coach their side of the ball.

BO’b got whatever talent he wanted & couldn’t coach up his side of the ball. Maybe he didn’t get the QBhe wanted, but by the time he got a QB who could play, the defense was short on talent.

Today our DC gave up 300 yards on the ground. Our OC got less than 200 yards total.

We need coaches first.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I’m in my feelings. Tomorrow I’ll be fine & get back on enjoying the process.

But I’m going to have to see miracle type progress before I’m okay bringing any of these coaches back.

At the same time I don’t want to see another Caserio coaching search.

Clean house
You really think Lovie was Caserio's pick?

That's Cal's pick, shocking when you pick a HC for political reasons that things look like they looked today.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
They also tried to build it out and had the 3 time defensive mvp and how did that work?
That's because the GM didn't listen to Kubiak. Or even make a move for a QB until the McNair's made him. I guess that theory was good for job security. Because the yr after he drafted Derrick he was gone and never to be heard from again as an employee of a NFL team. Ever ask yourself why this is?

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
I will ask you, if that's the case, why are they here? Why waste the time if the known is wasting a rookie qb?
The ‘ol answer a question with a question.

It’s not wasting time if you are filling the holes on this team. This team doesn’t have to be perfect but has to be better than this for an rookie QBs to have a chance. Lovie and will be fired in two years. If Caserio has some good drafts and cap management he will be looking for his third HC. He will find a good fit.

In the meantime we have to be patient.

Mills isn’t the answer but will help the process.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Correct about Allen.

I wanted Mahomes and so did BOB.

What do both of these guys have in common. They both have great arms and mobility. (Run as a last resort at least until the playoffs.)

Levis is the only guy in this draft that has these tools and I wouldn't dradt him. I also like later QB picks Duggan/Rising if Caserio has to pick a QB.
No, you wanted Peterman. You didn't think any of the qb's was worth it in the 1st rd. In terms of Mahomes and BOB, you really think BOB wanted a guy who was improvising and throwing sidearm passes in college coming from the air raid? C'mon bro, you better than this. BOB wasn't even thinking about a qb, he was still in his wash,rinse,recycle mode after getting Blasted in the playoffs again. And neither were considered generational talents leading up to the draft. Most on this board were looking at TJ to play with JJ based on the draft position, even the genius Lil Shanny and Lynch took Solomon Thomas in front of Mahomes and Watson. Just goes to show you.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
That's because the GM didn't listen to Kubiak. Or even make a move for a QB until the McNair's made him. I guess that theory was good for job security. Because the yr after he drafted Derrick he was gone and never to be heard from again as an employee of a NFL team. Ever ask yourself why this is?
Most gms only get 1 shot unless you're of privilege.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

Wish we had a couple of more years with Kubiak & Wade. Two coaches that knew how to coach their side of the ball.

BO’b got whatever talent he wanted & couldn’t coach up his side of the ball. Maybe he didn’t get the QBhe wanted, but by the time he got a QB who could play, the defense was short on talent.

Today our DC gave up 300 yards on the ground. Our OC got less than 200 yards total.

We need coaches first.
Very good post

According to a MB member who knows with out a doubt. Kubiak didn't want the Schaub extension and had Manning in the building wanting to sign with the McNair's and RS shot it down.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I honestly don't think our GM was allowed to pick the HC he wanted. I think the Lovie decision was a Cal decision. I think Caserio wanted Gannon or O'Connell.
I know he didn’t pick the HC. His process was so asanine Cal thought it was stupid

didn’t interview Pederson, Daboll, Bowles, or McDaniels (that would have been a great HTown story)

After the Flores lawsuit dropped Caserio should have wiped his board clear & started over.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
You can't count money lost because a few spent and some didn't
What kind of business you in. Money lost,profits lost is a real time thing. If you have 65k tickets, but you only have 35k show up, parking,hot dogs,beer, and any other sales are going to be down based on projections. That's money lost. Gate in nfl means nothing, those luxury boxes and concessions is where owners make money. Why do you think they want these news stadiums with all the fancy shops and food courts?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
No, you wanted Peterman. You didn't think any of the qb's was worth it in the 1st rd. In terms of Mahomes and BOB, you really think BOB wanted a guy who was improvising and throwing sidearm passes in college coming from the air raid? C'mon bro, you better than this. BOB wasn't even thinking about a qb, he was still in his wash,rinse,recycle mode after getting Blasted in the playoffs again. And neither were considered generational talents leading up to the draft. Most on this board were looking at TJ to play with JJ based on the draft position, even the genius Lil Shanny and Lynch took Solomon Thomas in front of Mahomes and Watson. Just goes to show you.
You're thinking of Texian.

I wanted Mahomes, I may have had a mock or 2 with Peterman in the 2nd rd.

I've been told by 2 different sources that BOB wanted 2 QB's drafted and RS drafted neither one of them. This shouldn't surprise you knowing the dysfunction in the org. All I can prove is one thing, RS hasn't gotten another job in the NFL for a reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
You're thinking of Texian.

I wanted Mahomes, I may have had a mock or 2 with Peterman in the 2nd rd.

I've been told by 2 different sources that BOB wanted 2 QB's drafted and RS drafted neither one of them. This shouldn't surprise you knowing the dysfunction in the org. All I can prove is one thing, RS hasn't gotten another job in the NFL for a reason.

In terms of Mahomes and BOB, you really think BOB wanted a guy who was improvising and throwing sidearm passes in college coming from the air raid? C'mon bro, you better than this. BOB wasn't even thinking about a qb, he was still in his wash,rinse,recycle mode after getting Blasted in the playoffs again. And neither were considered generational talents leading up to the draft. Most on this board were looking at TJ to play with JJ based on the draft position, even the genius Lil Shanny and Lynch took Solomon Thomas in front of Mahomes and Watson. Just goes to show you.

At the end of the season and leading up to the draft, I don't recall anyone saying the Texans should trade up and draft a qb. Even the so called draft gurus didn't even know what to think of Mahomes or Watson, but somehow Trubisky got traction. In terms of sources, well you know my feelings toward those.

Last edited by a moderator:

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
& thats my point genius. For as good as he was, we still couldnt win more than 4 games with him b/c of the deficiencies elsewhere on the team. A qb elevating your team should be treated as the thing that puts you over the top, not the thing that gets you to being good enough to compete. i feel stupid for having to explain this to you.. but Based on your typical surface level analysis and responses to everything, the 2nd part of your response is probably how you feel all the time.
So in 4 years, the Texans only won 4 games a year with Watson huh?

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
They wont get old if they draft a QB in 2024.

Agreed about the HC. What do you do with Lovie?

They fixed the secondary and attempted to fix the OL. So next yr should be all about the DL and playmakers in the next draft. Hopefully they can find a long term C in the 3rd/4th rd.
I would fire the coach and gm and start over. Obviously Caserio can't hire a coach and Lovie is outdated as we all knew going in. Caserio has hired 2 coaches that no other team in the nfl even interviewed. What does that say about your process?

vtech9

All Pro
I know he didn’t pick the HC. His process was so asanine Cal thought it was stupid

didn’t interview Pederson, Daboll, Bowles, or McDaniels (that would have been a great HTown story)

After the Flores lawsuit dropped Caserio should have wiped his board clear & started over.
I didn't want McDaniels or Pederson either. Daboll wasn't even on my radar, and neither was Bowles. With Easterbunny here whispering in Cal's ear, I don't think Caserio really had much of a chance to get the guy he wanted.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
In terms of Mahomes and BOB, you really think BOB wanted a guy who was improvising and throwing sidearm passes in college coming from the air raid? C'mon bro, you better than this. BOB wasn't even thinking about a qb, he was still in his wash,rinse,recycle mode after getting Blasted in the playoffs again. And neither were considered generational talents leading up to the draft. Most on this board were looking at TJ to play with JJ based on the draft position, even the genius Lil Shanny and Lynch took Solomon Thomas in front of Mahomes and Watson. Just goes to show you.

At the end of the season and leading up to the draft, I don't recall anyone saying the Texans should trade up and draft a qb. Even the so called draft gurus didn't even know what to think of Mahomes or Watson, but somehow Trubisky got traction. In terms of sources, well you know my feelings toward those.
It's what I've heard and Rick didn't want to give up a 3rd in addition to the two 1sts. The rest is history. Knowing all of the dysfunction in the Texans org between BOB and RS I don't see how you wouldn't believe this. Plus given the style of QB BOB likes.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I would fire the coach and gm and start over. Obviously Caserio can't hire a coach and Lovie is outdated as we all knew going in. Caserio has hired 2 coaches that no other team in the nfl even interviewed. What does that say about your process?
The McNair's hire the HC's

Do you really think Caserio wanted to hire Lovie? LMAO

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
What kind of business you in. Money lost,profits lost is a real time thing. If you have 65k tickets, but you only have 35k show up, parking,hot dogs,beer, and any other sales are going to be down based on projections. That's money lost. Gate in nfl means nothing, those luxury boxes and concessions is where owners make money. Why do you think they want these news stadiums with all the fancy shops and food courts?
Can you say 100% of those empty seats would have spent money on hot dogs and beer etc? No you can't. All you can do is guesstimate on potential earnings. It's not loss if it's only potential

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
I’m disappointed mad as hell that the defense gave up 300 rushing yards.

But as a HC I’m happy my defense held the bad guys to 17 points, got an extra possession & spotted the ball on the bad guys’ 11 yard line.

I’m ready to chop heads that the offense only had one drive over 60 yards & only scored 10 points.
Happy the defense only gave up 17?? It was a defense that had no threat of a pass game whatsoever and they still gave up 300 yards rushing.

Better qb play and this team is at least .500 or better trending up.
I don't think Caesario deserves firing this early into a rebuild. He seems to be a decent/good evaluator of talent (yet to be fairly determined). But I would fire Lovie and Pep this offseason and start over. I have zero faith in Pep's outdated zero-motion 1990's offense. We also have a dearth of talent at WR/TE and even the announcer opposite Greg Gumbel commented yesterday that he wasn't seeing any separation with any of the receivers on the field - despite the Titans not having a statistically good passing defense.

Reactions: JB

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Now that the Lovie experiment has not borne the desired result, perhaps Cal might let Carstereo pick his guy.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Wow that was stinker yesterday - step forward with a good performance by Davis in Vegas last week but now a step backwards.
I think we need some Mr Positive (aka Mr Lucky) this morning to cheer us up. Where is that ray of sunshine on this Halloween day
and gloomy Texans monday morning ?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Dude stop it. Nobody knew Watson was going to act a freaking fool like that. The McNair’s are the main reason why this organization quickly went down the drain.
Facts are facts. Those 2 guys are why the Texans are where they're at today, regardless of the reasons.

Agreed about the McNair's, they've always been a marketing machine with a football division. Which is great for making money and not so great for putting a winning product on the field.

This is why I believe Cal will order Caserio to draft a QB this year, just like his Dad did with Casserly and we all saw how that turned out. History is repeating itself

Texansballer74

The Marine
Facts are facts. Those 2 guys are why the Texans are where they're at today, regardless of the reasons.

Agreed about the McNair's, they've always been a marketing machine with a football division. Which is great for making money and not so great for putting a winning product on the field.

This is why I believe Cal will order Caserio to draft a QB this year, just like his Dad did with Casserly and we all saw how that turned out. History is repeating itself
I highly doubt Cal is going to force him to draft a QB. Nick is going to do what’s good for the team. And if he believes one of these quarterbacks are the real deal, he’s going to draft him. If he doesn’t, then he’ll draft another game changing player.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
I highly doubt Cal is going to force him to draft a QB. Nick is going to do what’s good for the team. And if he believes one of these quarterbacks are the real deal, he’s going to draft him. If he doesn’t, then he’ll draft another game changing player.
Caserio, at least so far, has been drafting some good players. Everyone below him from the HC on down is subject to replacement, including the political hire of Lovie. Lovie is a temp just holding down the fort. He could be back next year, in fact it might be preferable if he is just to add some stability. But if he does come back, I think his OC and DC both need replacing.

As to the QB, I'm still hoping Mills works out, but if he doesn't, we have the draft capital to get a new QB.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Out of curiosity. Is Mahomes the style of QB BOB likes? You might have heard that from someone who heard it from a BOB apologist/excuse maker. After seeing what BOB did as GM you still think anyone should value his personnel input? Hell, he probably wanted to draft Nathan Peterman and Brad Kaaya.

Also, even playing for Reid. Mahomes is on record saying that he really wasn't reading defenses until his 3rd year. Yet you think Mahomes would have been able to have the same immediate success playing for BOB while making the OL calls, LOS adjustments and BOB's ED offense? You really overestimate BOB coaching and underestimate Reid's egoless approach to modifying his playbook, philosophy and coaching that were crucial to Mahomes' development.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
History doesn't say this.

Hope you are right

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Out of curiosity. Is Mahomes the style of QB BOB likes? You might have heard that from someone who heard it from a BOB apologist/excuse maker. After seeing what BOB did as GM you still think anyone should value his personnel input? Hell, he probably wanted to draft Nathan Peterman and Brad Kaaya.

Also, even playing for Reid. Mahomes is on record saying that he really wasn't reading defenses until his 3rd year. Yet you think Mahomes would have been able to have the same immediate success playing for BOB while making the OL calls, LOS adjustments and BOB's ED offense? You really overestimate BOB coaching and underestimate Reid's egoless approach to modifying his playbook, philosophy and coaching that were crucial to Mahomes' development.
I heard this before the draft from a guy who's friends with somebody who was in the scouting dept at the time.

Porky

Hall of Fame
Caserio, at least so far, has been drafting some good players. Everyone below him from the HC on down is subject to replacement, including the political hire of Lovie. Lovie is a temp just holding down the fort. He could be back next year, in fact it might be preferable if he is just to add some stability. But if he does come back, I think his OC and DC both need replacing.

As to the QB, I'm still hoping Mills works out, but if he doesn't, we have the draft capital to get a new QB.
so Lovie is going to fire himself? You do know he is his own DC right?

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
So in 4 years, the Texans only won 4 games a year with Watson huh?
proof is in the results bruh. You can see the gradual slide in our record as talent is eventually siphoned off and not adequately replaced despite Watson's stellar play throughout.

2017- 4-12 overall record - Only important b/c the team was as flush with talent as it had ever been at this time....... as reflected in the 3 years prior to DW4's arrival where we went 9-7 for 3 straight years & had 2 playoff births with the trifecta of trash at the qb position with Hoyer/Fitz and Osweiler. It's also important b/c the o-line issues started to manifest itself this year. We'd lost Brooks and Jones 2 years prior, but we'd sorta been able to still piece it together with Jeff Allen Mancz & had drafted Nick Martin & were waiting to see how he'd pan out. But when Brown got traded.... who was in a contract dispute in 2017 & sat out like the 1st 8 games before being traded midseason...that's when it started to go to hell.

2018 - 11-5 overall record - Still with most of the same decent talent from the previous 4 seasons under BoB & with DW4 now starting for the full season, we saw a 2 win bump...primarily b/c of his play at the position. Despite this, the failings with talent thru the draft & mostly shitty FA acqusitions were begining to mount up...most evidently seen along the o-line and in the WR corps. We started seeing the revolving door at the tackle positions with Davenport & Lamm. Same at the guard position with Jeff Allen all but retired, Fulton looking mostly like a JAG. We also quickly found out that Kelemete was not of starting quality & that Nick Martin was flailing in development. With the WR corp, Fuller's track record of being unable to stay healthy opposite Nuk (only played in 5 games) was also beginning to take shape & Keke Coutee as a rook was ALREADY proving to be a non factor as a #3. So much so that we had to go out & get a beaten down Demaryius Thomas for a 1/2 season just to be able to threaten defenses in the pass game.

2019 - **** hit the fan. 10-6 overall record again primarily b/c of DW4's play elevating the team, but the tremendous loss of talent on the defensive side would reflect in our record (1 win lighter than 2018) & every season thereafter...especially after KC exposed us defensively in that playoff travesty......Going into that year this is the talent we'd lost from 2018:

- Clowney.......... coming off his last pro bowl season...replaced with Brennan &*%^ing Scarlett lol

- Kareem Jackson......coming off HIS best year & 1 of the most underrated at his position...tried to replace him with Roby but Lonnie &*^%ing Johnson got some run at CB 1st lol.

- Tyrann Mathieu..... 1 of the few FA acquisitions that had worked out......gone to KC...where he went on to have 2 all-pro seasons....replaced with Tashaun &*%ing Gipson lol

- JJ also missed 1/2 the season that year......no doubt on his way out....which meant that we were depending on Scarlett and an underperforming ass Whitney Mercilus for pressure. That's quite the step down from Clowney/Watt the previous year.

- you also had J-Jo on his last legs at the CB position..not looking anywhere close to what he was just 1 year prior.

offensively
- Lamar Miller - our 1000 yard back from 2018...out for the season...never wore a Texans uni again..replaced by Carlos Hyde..who actually did an admirable job..but a 0 in the pass game.
- Brought in Tunsil for an arm and a leg, but it was anyone's guess how Howard & Scharping would work out at the RT & LG positions...we know how that went tho.

By the time 2020 rolled around...which saw Nuk get traded.......DJ Reader leave in FA, The talent was so depleted and not replaced with equal or better talent, it didn't even matter that DW4 was at the peak of his powers......as reflected in that 4-12 record.

Now when you look at all this and try to pull out the common thread (outside of the BoB factor) as to why this team was able to win then despite the shitty qb play at times, but can't do anything now with shitty qb play, there's only 1 conclusion you can draw.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
proof is in the results bruh. You can see the gradual slide in our record as talent is eventually siphoned off and not adequately replaced despite Watson's stellar play throughout.

2017- 4-12 overall record - Only important b/c the team was as flush with talent as it had ever been at this time....... as reflected in the 3 years prior to DW4's arrival where we went 9-7 for 3 straight years & had 2 playoff births with the trifecta of trash at the qb position with Hoyer/Fitz and Osweiler. It's also important b/c the o-line issues started to manifest itself this year. We'd lost Brooks and Jones 2 years prior, but we'd sorta been able to still piece it together with Jeff Allen Mancz & had drafted Nick Martin & were waiting to see how he'd pan out. But when Brown got traded.... who was in a contract dispute in 2017 & sat out like the 1st 8 games before being traded midseason...that's when it started to go to hell.

2018 - 11-5 overall record - Still with most of the same decent talent from the previous 4 seasons under BoB & with DW4 now starting for the full season, we saw a 2 win bump...primarily b/c of his play at the position. Despite this, the failings with talent thru the draft & mostly shitty FA acqusitions were begining to mount up...most evidently seen along the o-line and in the WR corps. We started seeing the revolving door at the tackle positions with Davenport & Lamm. Same at the guard position with Jeff Allen all but retired, Fulton looking mostly like a JAG. We also quickly found out that Kelemete was not of starting quality & that Nick Martin was flailing in development. With the WR corp, Fuller's track record of being unable to stay healthy opposite Nuk (only played in 5 games) was also beginning to take shape & Keke Coutee as a rook was ALREADY proving to be a non factor as a #3. So much so that we had to go out & get a beaten down Demaryius Thomas for a 1/2 season just to be able to threaten defenses in the pass game.

2019 - **** hit the fan. 10-6 overall record again primarily b/c of DW4's play elevating the team, but the tremendous loss of talent on the defensive side would reflect in our record (1 win lighter than 2018) & every season thereafter...especially after KC exposed us defensively in that playoff travesty......Going into that year this is the talent we'd lost from 2018:

- Clowney.......... coming off his last pro bowl season...replaced with Brennan &*%^ing Scarlett lol

- Kareem Jackson......coming off HIS best year & 1 of the most underrated at his position...tried to replace him with Roby but Lonnie &*^%ing Johnson got some run at CB 1st lol.

- Tyrann Mathieu..... 1 of the few FA acquisitions that had worked out......gone to KC...where he went on to have 2 all-pro seasons....replaced with Tashaun &*%ing Gipson lol

- JJ also missed 1/2 the season that year......no doubt on his way out....which meant that we were depending on Scarlett and an underperforming ass Whitney Mercilus for pressure. That's quite the step down from Clowney/Watt the previous year.

- you also had J-Jo on his last legs at the CB position..not looking anywhere close to what he was just 1 year prior.

offensively
- Lamar Miller - our 1000 yard back from 2018...out for the season...never wore a Texans uni again..replaced by Carlos Hyde..who actually did an admirable job..but a 0 in the pass game.
- Brought in Tunsil for an arm and a leg, but it was anyone's guess how Howard & Scharping would work out at the RT & LG positions...we know how that went tho.

By the time 2020 rolled around...which saw Nuk get traded.......DJ Reader leave in FA, The talent was so depleted and not replaced with equal or better talent, it didn't even matter that DW4 was at the peak of his powers......as reflected in that 4-12 record.

Now when you look at all this and try to pull out the common thread (outside of the BoB factor) as to why this team was able to win then despite the shitty qb play at times, but can't do anything now with shitty qb play, there's only 1 conclusion you can draw.
They won 10 games and the starters didn't play the last game.

xtruroyaltyx

Hall of Fame
Very good post

According to a MB member who knows with out a doubt. Kubiak didn't want the Schaub extension and had Manning in the building wanting to sign with the McNair's and RS shot it down.
I’ve heard that before on this forum but something that always stood out to me at the time was this story:

As Peyton Manning toured America on his Great Free Agent Tour in the offseason, Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub received a text on his cell phone.
We need you to pick Peyton up at the airport and show him around town, it read. The sender? None other than Texans coach Gary Kubiak.
Schaub quickly texted back where he'd show Manning — right back out of town, according to a source close to the situation who detailed the exchange to CultureMap.
Our source tells us that Schaub knew Kubiak was joking from the instant he saw the text. Despite some wild speculation last March, the Texans never seriously considered making a major pitch at Manning. The organization always believed in Schaub even as some fans and members of the media urged them to turn to Peyton.

I just remember when reading this back then and the timing of it, I felt like The team never seriously considered Manning….Especially Kubiak since he was the one joking with Schaub and he is the one who made the final call to bring Schaub in after playing golf with him:

He already had talked to dozens of people who'd played with or coached Schaub and watched all the video he could get his hands on. But before he completed the trade that brought Schaub to the Texans, he wanted some face time.
'Just the two of us'
So he tracked him down in Southern California and asked him to play a round of golf. That Kubiak hardly ever plays; that he's, by his own admission, "pretty bad," might have made the day even better.
"We had five hours together, just the two of us," Kubiak said. "I already knew a lot about him. I felt like I had a sense of what he was all about. I wanted to reassure myself that this was the type guy you wanted to be the leader of your football team. I wanted to find out how driven he was to take the opportunity we were about to offer him. I wanted to know if he was ready to do this deal."

Look, @Corrosion is my guy….but I just find it hard to believe based on what I remember their relationship being likeat the time which was documented through articles that came out over the course of Schaub’s courtship and tenure. Plus, at the end when ownership was pushing for Case to get playing time Kubiak went back to Schaub and it cost him his job in the middle of the season….The man basically gave up his job out of loyalty to the guy. Plus Kubiak obviously had pull with coaching hires and personnel.

But all that aside, The slander on Smith and/or Kubiak at this point where the Texans are at as an organization is just silly.Yeah they both made blunders. Everyone does. Together they were the most competent pair and had by faaaaaarrrrr the most success out of any regime in Texans history. It’s really not even close. This organization should be pining for the days when they can reach the respectability of the Kubiak/Smith era.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
I’ve heard that before on this forum but something that always stood out to me at the time was this story:

I just remember when reading this back then and the timing of it, I felt like The team never seriously considered Manning….Especially Kubiak since he was the one joking with Schaub and he is the one who made the final call to bring Schaub in after playing golf with him:

Look, @Corrosion is my guy….but I just find it hard to believe based on what I remember their relationship being likeat the time which was documented through articles that came out over the course of Schaub’s courtship and tenure. Plus, at the end when ownership was pushing for Case to get playing time Kubiak went back to Schaub and it cost him his job in the middle of the season….The man basically gave up his job out of loyalty to the guy. Plus Kubiak obviously had pull with coaching hires and personnel.

But all that aside, The slander on Smith and/or Kubiak at this point where the Texans are at as an organization is just silly.Yeah they both made blunders. Everyone does. Together they were the most competent pair and had by faaaaaarrrrr the most success out of any regime in Texans history. It’s really not even close. This organization should be pining for the days when they can reach the respectability of the Kubiak/Smith era.
The offense was more fun to watch over other regimes past and present, but the bottom line is the same & the results speak for themselves. No AFCCG appearances...Aside from that, the Kubiak/Smith tandem got 8 years together just to do that..no other combo has had that........ although BoB got close.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!

We need coaches first.
No argument from me on that one.