Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 8: Big Tits in Houston

Lovie/Pep have to just let these dudes play. This **** that’s happening in garbage time could’ve been happening if they weren’t trying to force the run with run run and then pass on obvious pass down.

roll the damn pocket..
10000% Ain't nobody going to do well in this offense. Every facet of the Titans sucked, including Mills. But Pep's offense is a HUGEEEEEE part of this.

Texans same players before and now same players at the end of the game it appears to question who is sending in these calls all afternoon? Coaches? It's called game planning, adjusting, and changing to the nature of the other team's play. End score no matter what still 17-10. :violin

There’s literally zero receiver separation for the Texans in this game. We’re supposed to have a couple of burners in Cooks and Dorsett….yet every pass coming their way has defenders all over them, even in single coverage.

Rub crossing routes by the receivers and TE’s might finally spring someone loose for a big gain after the catch.
Most definitely, that’s why I’m saying help them out. There’s no double moves, like you said no rub routes. Brother when the defense doesn’t respect your passing game. And when they know they could pressure on the quarterback with a three to four man front. I don’t care if you have those speedsters in Miami, it’s easier for those db’s to cover.

did you stop reading before I said…and add a couple of weapons? Also I think it’s BS. Look I know Watson is a turd off the field, but tell me all the great weapons he was throwing to his last year here…with an inferior line btw. And had one of the best stat lines in the league. So I’m not buying what you are selling. This OC is complete trash and isn’t scheming guys open. No motion, misdirection, rubs, or anything else. That said a better QB, even with this crappy scheme, would help immensely.
Shocking post of the day.

I can't believe I looked forward to this game since last Sunday. All day, until 3 I was looking forward to this.

I don't givadam about Davis Mills, this problem is deeper. I hate to start over with another offensive coordinator, but we need a new offensive coordinator.

Far as I'm concerned he's got to the end of the season to prove He knows what he has on offense & how to game plan a watchable offense.

The DC should already been notified he's going to be replaced in 2023

Most definitely, that’s why I’m saying help them out. There’s no double moves, like you said no rub routes. Brother when the defense doesn’t respect your passing game. And when they know they could pressure on the quarterback with a three to four man front. I don’t care if you have those speedsters in Miami, it’s easier for those db’s to cover.
Now, this I agree with. I've said it from the beginning of this season. Our WR's just don't seem to be doing any head fakes or double moves to get open. Someone else mentioned the Speed of Cooks and Dorsett, but every time I see them in a route, they are smothered, and don't seem to be running at full speed.

The alarming thing about today was how bad the interior OL played. I'm used to seeing them get bull rushed, stood up or back pedal and give up ground like a DB in coverage. However, today, they were just not slowing the DL. It wasn't even stunts or complex games. Just straight up rushes with no moves were getting past them. SMDH

I can't believe I looked forward to this game since last Sunday. All day, until 3 I was looking forward to this.

I don't givadam about Davis Mills, this problem is deeper. I hate to start over with another offensive coordinator, but we need a new offensive coordinator.

Far as I'm concerned he's got to the end of the season to prove He knows what he has on offense & how to game plan a watchable offense.

The DC should already been notified he's going to be replaced in 2023
I'm there with you brother. Pep has got to go. Tell him he either needs to open it up, and make the offense more dynamic, or he won't make it until the end of the season. I know they don't want to fire Lovie after only one season, but maybe the Texans can do with him what they did with Romeo. Move him up to the front office and bring in a new HC and DC.

I think Mills has some talent But I’m not sold on him by any means. Before this year started I caught hell for suggesting that if we end up with a top 5 pick next year we should move on from him and I still believe that barring some insane circumstances.

im not sure what you expect from him in this game with what he has to work with. This is prob the least talented offensive unit in the NFL. Our OL is getting their asses handed handed to them. our two starting WRs Don’t seem interested in in playing today. Our TEs (we have TEs?) never mind. Our two OTs are *******. Our center And right guard don’t belong in the nfl. Our OC is doing nothing to help Mills.

What would it accomplish to pull Mills at this point?
You make valid arguments but just the same, my thinking is along the lines of what would it hurt to bench Mills and see if a new Qb put's some life into the offense. We don't have much in the way of talent but perhaps a new Qb will be more of an emotional leader and get more from his teammates. Not enough to turn our season completely around but enough to fairly judge the talent that may exist. Of coarse our new OC does not inspire a lot of confidence but none the less I don't see where benching Mills can hurt in any way. That may just be me though. You did leave me food for thought. Our season is over regardless, so I suppose it doesn't really matter either way. Just the same I don't see my opinion on the matter as silly.

Last edited:
There are actually some Titans fans calling into sports talk shows in this market saying that Malik Willis should be playing in front of Tannehill. Uh, no. That kind of playing doesn't win you a lot of games.

That being said, it's nice that Derrick Henry is available for 32 carries for [checks stats]..... 219 yards. Henry was pretty tired running against you guys since he had to do it all day long. Heck, even Hilliard got 83 yards on 8 carries which has to be a career day for him. Great day on the ground because 6/10 for 55 yards and an INT ain't going to cut it in the NFL.

I hate to start over with another offensive coordinator, but we need a new offensive coordinator.

You have to start over though. You need someone with an innovative offensive mind to come in here and create a real NFL offense.

And the starting over doesn’t end with Pep. You need a DC and a HC, because Lovie ain’t the guy.

This rebuild isn’t just about players. They need to rebuild the coaching staff as well. The ST coach is probably the only one on this staff earning his paycheck.

Nicky C has really got his work cut out for him. He needs QB, WRs, TEs, RBs, OL, DL, LBs, at least another safety. May be OK at CB for awhile. That’s already a ton. Then he needs a HC, an OC and a DC and likely the guys lower on the ladder as well.

This organization ain’t going be contending for a while.

I don't know it .... certainly can't prove it .... but I think it's very possible that they tanked .... they were supposed to lose .... so .... easy to go unquestioned .... or at least unchallenged !

The alarming thing about today was how bad the interior OL played. I'm used to seeing them get bull rushed, stood up or back pedal and give up ground like a DB in coverage. However, today, they were just not slowing the DL. It wasn't even stunts or complex games. Just straight up rushes with no moves were getting past them. SMDH
Simmons is a badazz and Autry isn't far behind.

Green needed help with Simmons today. (Most IOL do) but Q and McCray were basically useless, so there was no help with Simmons and we saw the result.

There are actually some Titans fans calling into sports talk shows in this market saying that Malik Willis should be playing in front of Tannehill. Uh, no. That kind of playing doesn't win you a lot of games.

That being said, it's nice that Derrick Henry is available for 32 carries for [checks stats]..... 219 yards. Henry was pretty tired running against you guys since he had to do it all day long. Heck, even Hilliard got 83 yards on 8 carries which has to be a career day for him. Great day on the ground because 6/10 for 55 yards and an INT ain't going to cut it in the NFL.
I just don't see it with Willis. I can understand a raw, rookie QB making his first start. But his throwing motion will always lead to accuracy problems. Now if he had a throwing motion like Davis Mills, there might be hope for him. :shades:

You have to start over though. You need someone with an innovative offensive mind to come in here and create a real NFL offense.

And the starting over doesn’t end with Pep. You need a DC and a HC, because Lovie ain’t the guy.

This rebuild isn’t just about players. They need to rebuild the coaching staff as well. The ST coach is probably the only one on this staff earning his paycheck.

Nicky C has really got his work cut out for him. He needs QB, WRs, TEs, RBs, OL, DL, LBs, at least another safety. May be OK at CB for awhile. That’s already a ton. Then he needs a HC, an OC and a DC and likely the guys lower on the ladder as well.

This organization ain’t going be contending for a while.

Fix the DL, in the 1st/2nd.

Add a stud playmaker at DE with the other 1st.

Draft a TE and OC along with a WR in the 3rd after Cooks is traded.. Fill in the LB in FA replacing , I actually kinda like how Harris and Wallow played today. The DL has to be fixed in this draft/FA. It's sad wtching them get mud stomped up the gut. I would say the DT position in the worst position on the team.

Listening to Lovie's press conference. The dude sounds beaten down. But worst, he doesn't appear to have any answers. His summary, on offense, it's tough going when you get dominated upfront. They can't block and so can't run or pass. On defense, when playing a rookie QB and can't stop the run and get whipped physically, you get today's outcome. When you can't get off blocks and then missed tackles against a physical RB, you get today's outcome.

Top shelf analysis there.

Wwould it accomplish to pull Mills at this point?
Giving Mills the perspective of looking at the game from the sideline. It helped him last year. And I don't think it's good for team morale to see the starting QB that is stinking it up keep his job just because.

I wouldn't make a switch on the short week. But I would start Allen in the Meadowlands.

So what? Lovie gets fired, we get a new HC and staff, and start over. Again. Rebuild for new coach. Again. In two years we're gonna run outa those extra picks and actually have to show something. What then? My guess is that'll be the time for a new HC and another rebuild. When geology students study catastrophism the professor always has them watch film of the Texans.

Listening to Lovie's press conference. The dude sounds beaten down. But worst, he doesn't appear to have any answers. His summary, on offense, it's tough going when you get dominated upfront. They can't block and so can't run or pass. On defense, when playing a rookie QB and can't stop the run and get whipped physically, you get today's outcome. When you can't get off blocks and then missed tackles against a physical RB, you get today's outcome.

Top shelf analysis there.

thats the sad part. Very few times throughout the season do u get a match up where the opponent is 1 dimensional on teir own accord. You KNEW they would likely not be able to pass. You KNEW you were going to get a heavy dose of the run game. You KNEW how you would have to defend them.

and STILL you couldn’t stop them to save your life.

So what? Lovie gets fired, we get a new HC and staff, and start over. Again. Rebuild for new coach. Again. In two years we're gonna run outa those extra picks and actually have to show something. What then? My guess is that'll be the time for a new HC and another rebuild. When geology students study catastrophism the professor always has them watch film of the Texans.

That's the problem with committing to lose and getting into a cycle of losing.

All it takes is not "hitting" on a rebuild to require another.

The concept of "a rebuild" is garbage and is largely predicated on luck.

Then you wake up one day 20 years down the line saying "well ****, we just couldn't break out of the cycle huh."

This is the course we charted and it started the day we hired Bill O'Brien and we'll be paying for that for a while.

Giving Mills the perspective of looking at the game from the sideline. It helped him last year. And I don't think it's good for team morale to see the starting QB that is stinking it up keep his job just because.

I wouldn't make a switch on the short week. But I would start Allen in the Meadowlands.
Eh, alot of these dudes wont even be on the team next year. The one’s that will likely have some responsibility for him playing as badly as he has…are not playing well themselves or are so far down the depth chart, they cant be worried about team morale b/c they’re just trying to keep THEIR roster spot.

Last edited:
thats the sad part. Very few times throughout the season do u get a match up where the opponent is 1 dimensional on teir own accord. You KNEW they would likely not be able to pass. You KNEW you were going to get a heavy dose of the run game. You KNEW how you would have to defend them.

and STILL you couldn’t stop them to save your life.
Over 300 yds rushing

SMH

Agreed. Rock & a hard place. We're screwed.

We don't have an owner who knows how to find a GM.

We don't have a GM that knows how to find a HC.

Players are going to get washed out because of the ineptitude from the sidelines up.

Simmons is a badazz and Autry isn't far behind.

Green needed help with Simmons today. (Most IOL do) but Q and McCray were basically useless, so there was no help with Simmons and we saw the result.
There is no NFL QB, with the possible exception of Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes, that would have succeeded with this OL today. It was an absolute free-for-all and in the 2H, literally jail break up the gut on every second play. Green, McCray and everyone else got their ass handed to them today.

They need to pick up Suh just to plug up the middle & slow down the bleeding. I feel they're wasting Christian Harris's abilities by plugging him into a gap. He got caught up in the traffic & seemed to be unable to get free & use one of his greatest skills (SPEED). I've been of the opinion that Lovie should be given some time to fully implement his system with players that fit it, but I'm having serious doubts about that now. The same goes for Pep. That was an ugly game.

Then you wake up one day 20 years down the line saying "well ****, we just couldn't break out of the cycle huh."

This is the course we charted and it started the day we hired Bill O'Brien and we'll be paying for that for a while.
Jeff Luhnow says hi....

This isn't all BOB's fault. RS and Derrick have just as much to do with where the team is as anything BOB did.

Back