Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 8 around the NFL

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Can Buffalo rebound at home against the Buccaneers?

Was hoping the Bucs would win. We get them in week 9. They have lost 4 of 5 I think and they will hell bent on getting a win. But I'm not worried about Baker or the running game they bring, Evans is another story. He's a dude!

Really?

I will say that the reports of the end of DeAndre Hopkins career have been greatly exaggerated.

Yeah, really. Quote me on it. Feed me crow if it comes to that. I just thought Levis was going to be the guy in this group and that performance yesterday sure does reinforce that.

I wonder lots of things about all of this. Like what would Stroud look like if he had Hopkins to throw to. I wonder what Levis would look like if the Texans had grabbed (for instance) Bijan Robinson with the #2 and then managed to trade up at some point in the first round for Levis. No way of knowing what one player or another would look like on a different team I know but still I'll always wonder.

From memory, Peyton Manning only had 3 wins his first season.
Yeah we lost yesterday, but it wasn't Stroud's fault - same with the previous game.

Peyton has nothing to do with this. My comment was not about their actual ceilings. Just our response to their performances thus far. I was simply saying that the Stroud-led Texans won three games and it was enough to have some of us talking playoffs and getting all excited about how we had the next great franchise QB. It's only fair to wait for a couple more big wins before I annoint Levis the next big thing as well.

Yeah, really. Quote me on it. Feed me crow if it comes to that. I just thought Levis was going to be the guy in this group and that performance yesterday sure does reinforce that.

I wonder lots of things about all of this. Like what would Stroud look like if he had Hopkins to throw to. I wonder what Levis would look like if the Texans had grabbed (for instance) Bijan Robinson with the #2 and then managed to trade up at some point in the first round for Levis. No way of knowing what one player or another would look like on a different team I know but still I'll always wonder.
Always a lot of what ifs with this team going back to 2002 and Peppers. Taking Peppers there would have changed the entire direction of this team.

I wonder what Levis would look like if the Texans had grabbed (for instance) Bijan Robinson with the #2 and then managed to trade up at some point in the first round for Levis.
I don't think our problem is the RB. Yesterday I saw both Pierce & Singletary look good & effective. Sure Bijan probably would have taken one of those runs to the house. I could see that.

But I don't know if the Texans got too predictable trying to run the clock out in the 3rd Qtr, or what, but Singletary's "decent" average got reduced to 3.something. So...

I see what you're saying, & it makes sense. But we're talking Texans & Bijan may not look any better than Pierce with the way we're doing things.

I don't think our problem is the RB. Yesterday I saw both Pierce & Singletary look good & effective. Sure Bijan probably would have taken one of those runs to the house. I could see that.

But I don't know if the Texans got too predictable trying to run the clock out in the 3rd Qtr, or what, but Singletary's "decent" average got reduced to 3.something. So...

I see what you're saying, & it makes sense. But we're talking Texans & Bijan may not look any better than Pierce with the way we're doing things.

So many things still in progress.

Always a lot of what ifs with this team going back to 2002 and Peppers. Taking Peppers there would have changed the entire direction of this team.

There's an "Alternate Texans History" somewhere out there in the Multiverse where everything went right and I'd love to live in that world but I'd settle for the one where they just didn't do the dumbest possible thing they could for the first 2-4 years. That reality is also not half bad.

Back