Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 7: The Rest of the NFL

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Week 7 started with a snoozer..... unless you're a Green Bay Packer fan, then it was the greatest game of the last seven years. Aaron Rodgers is back & there's a new star.... several actually. Davante Adams, Ty Montgomery, & Nick Perry. All had great games. Mike McCarthy is a genious.... again.

New York & LA square off in Twickenham, London

Saints at Chiefs
Colts at Titans
Vikings at Eagles
Browns at Bengals
Redskins at Lions
Raiders at JagUars
Bills at Dolphins
Ravens at Jets
Buccaneers at 49ers
Chargers at Falcons
Patriots at Steelers
Seahawks at Cardinals

Which games grab your interest & why?

Last edited:
For me.. Colts at Titans

I think the Titans are going to win, shove the Colts even further down the divisional dumpster, while maintaining pace with our Houston Texans. If they win & we lose, they actually gain ground & we'll both be 4-3.

Vikings at Eagles

I like watching Carson Wentz play. But the Vikings defense is stout. & the Eagles defense has been extremely fun to watch. Them boys get after it.

Bills at Dolphins

WTF was that? That's what I said when the Dolphins smashed the Steelers. I also said that when the Bills smashed the Patriots. WTF is going to happen this week?

Chargers at Falcons

These are the teams that handed Denver back to back losses. Do we join this group, or are we the Tampa Bay Buccaneers? Anyway, big Julio Jones fan, big Phillip Rivers fan, so I'm interested.

That's about it for me.

For me.. Colts at Titans

I think the Titans are going to win, shove the Colts even further down the divisional dumpster, while maintaining pace with our Houston Texans. If they win & we lose, they actually gain ground & we'll both be 4-3.
This about sums it up for me.
I think, however, that it would be great if the Colts won that would put us two games up on both of them (assuming we beat Denver :D).
I will keep an eye on Raiders/Jags; I expect the Raiders to win.

Case Keenum threw the ball 53 times today.

None of his stats look good, but dang..... what are you expecting when you ask a career 58% passer to throw the ball 53 times? I mean other than Andrew Luck.

Seven weeks in & they can't figure out how to get the running game going... wow.

& Eli Manning. 197 yards on 37 attempts. 0TDs, 0INTs...... How much are they paying this guy?

vikes and eagles ...yawn

edit.. it picked up after i posted. was 7 posessions and 5 turnovers,at tbe beginning

Last edited:
If the Dolphins were to cut Tannehill next season would it be a wash?

I'm seeing a $20M cap hit with $10M dead money. So if they cut him that's actually a $10M cap savings right?

Sad day for Fairley

Saints defensive tackle Nick Fairley will play Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs, but he'll do so with a heavy heart. Fairley unexpectedly lost his mother, Paula Rodgers, this past week.

Fairley raced back to the Mobile, Alabama, area in the wee hours of Wednesday morning to be with his family as his mother passed away at the age of 51. She leaves behind four children and six grandchildren. The funeral is 11 a.m. on Tuesday at New Ship A.M.E. Church in Theodore, Alabama.

LeSean McCoy is a perfect example why a player should not return to play early following a hamstring injury. He is now likely to miss more games than he would have had he just been smart/patient.

Keenum's first INT was on Tavon Austin. Hit him right in the hands. The other three were all on him. Two bad throws and the other a bad read.

Defenses don't respect him at all. They stack the box to take away Gurley and Keenum gives them no reason to back off.

Keenum's first INT was on Tavon Austin. Hit him right in the hands. The other three were all on him. Two bad throws and the other a bad read.

Defenses don't respect him at all. They stack the box to take away Gurley and Keenum gives them no reason to back off.

He needs AJ :bubble:

The highlights showed one where it looked like he expected his receiver to continue his route into the end zone, but he pulled up & broke off his route off.

He's coming up on 20 starts pretty soon isn't he?

Speechless, now, after a loud gasp. Arizona and Seattle both defensive game to 6/6 tie to take game into OT. Both kickers missed chip shot field goals to break tie in the OT. Simply, WOW. Season's first tie game.

Reactions: ROO
Tq7oWd4.gif

The highlights showed one where it looked like he expected his receiver to continue his route into the end zone, but he pulled up & broke off his route off.

Bad read by Keenum and he admitted it after the game. He read press so went to the corner for a fade, but it was obviously going to be off coverage and the CB bailed off the snap. WR went to the right spot.

Bad read by Keenum and he admitted it after the game. He read press so went to the corner for a fade, but it was obviously going to be off coverage and the CB bailed off the snap. WR went to the right spot.

It's hard to believe what these players say, especially at the podium. he may be displaying leadership & falling on the sword there.

that he isn't being benched yells me he probably saw it more right than not.

It's hard to believe what these players say, especially at the podium. he may be displaying leadership & falling on the sword there.

that he isn't being benched yells me he probably saw it more right than not.

You're entitled to think that if you want to but it was clear as day watching the game that he was the one who missed the read.

The Jags are taking up a whole hospital ward after yesterday's game...........and they have a short week before they meet the Titans on Thursday. It seems to me that this year thus far has been especially brutal as to the number and types of injuries sustained, especially to teams' main pieces.

You're entitled to think that if you want to but it was clear as day watching the game that he was the one who missed the read.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-qb?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I would say otherwise.
Fisher has no need to defend Keenum.
He can easily go to Goff to appease the fans.
Even if Goff fails (this season), Fisher would not be held responsible.

If Keenum just has the big mitt (hand size) like Wilson on Brees, he could easily start for many teams.

It helps when the QB gets tackled, you know.

That Keenum leap frogged Yates and then Austin and Foles should be telling.

Keenum has it between the ears; he just doesn't have enough physical "talents".

No freaking coach would have him start in the NFL otherwise.

Back