Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 7 Texans in Vegas

In 2017, the Bills' offense ranked 22nd in points scored and 29th in yards gained.
Their D ranked 18th and 26th
So they were better than 32nd?

We're not as optimistic as you & think we’ll be ranked below 29 when the season is over.

But yeah, if the Texans can rank 22nd in points by all means draft any ol' QB in the first. SB here we come

So they were better than 32nd?

We're not as optimistic as you & think we’ll be ranked below 29 when the season is over.

But yeah, if the Texans can rank 22nd in points by all means draft any ol' QB in the first. SB here we come
The Bills ranked higher because of Tyrod Taylor.
Tyrod threw for 14 TDs against just 4 Ints. He also contributed 4TDs on the ground and 427 yards rushing.

The Texans ranks lower because of Mills.
If they get the same contribution that Tyrod gave the Bills that year, the Texans offense would definitely does better than currently.

The Bills ranked higher because of Tyrod Taylor.
Tyrod threw for 14 TDs against just 4 Ints. He also contributed 4TDs on the ground and 427 yards rushing.

The Texans ranks lower because of Mills.
If they get the same contribution that Tyrod gave the Bills that year, the Texans offense would definitely does better than currently.
I'm still not happy with the run game. I want to see more moving of the LOS, I want to see more Pierce getting through the OL untouched, I want to see more successful screens. Penalties have been down last couple of games, I'd like to see more of that.

I'm still not happy with the run game. I want to see more moving of the LOS, I want to see more Pierce getting through the OL untouched, I want to see more successful screens. Penalties have been down last couple of games, I'd like to see more of that.
Right now, the Texans RBs prorate to have 1.536 yards (8 TDs) over 16 games; that's a few dozens more than McCoy and company for the Bills back in 2017 (7TDs)
And nearly 300 yards more than the group when Allen was a rookie (4 TDs).

In another word, Allen got a raw deal as a rookie.

It was head scratching what the Raiders were doing on offense Sunday. It seemed like the one quarter I watched they were busting off between 6 and 8 yards per rushing attempt, but McDaniels runs 3 trick plays in the same time period. I really don't understand how they dude keeps getting head coaching jobs when he is his own worst enemy.

Texans need every position on the front 7 bad this run defense is worse than the 2005 defense and that was the worst I have ever seen since the 83-84 Oilers.

In 2017, the Bills' offense ranked 22nd in points scored and 29th in yards gained.

The Bills built that offense pretty much from scratch starting with Allen.

One underappreciated move that helped Allen and that offense. After the 2017 season, even though they made the playoffs, the Bills fired Rick Dennison after one season as OC and hired Brian Daboll.

Seeing that Dennison was Kubiak's former OC and was running the Shanny/Kubiak WCO. I don't know if they thought his offense would not be a good fit or he was just a terrible OC. However, kudos to the Bills for not being complacent, recognizing an issue with their offense and making an OC change after one year and a playoff appearance.

Back