Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 5: Back Down to Earth—- Shout Out Your Frustration

Lets get the OL healthy and give them a couple of games together to develop continuity before looking to make a trade.

I’d really like to see an interior OL of; LG- Broeker / C- Patterson / RG- Scruggs. Some may ask why, b/c these three young guys are known to be nasty and physical blockers in the run game. I just don’t see any mean nor nasty IOL currently on the field.

Stacking Tunsil and Howard on the left effectively removed the run game going to that side. Most of the few positive runs went behind Patterson or between Patterson and Mason. Fant and the TE got blown up on each of the sweeps going to the right.

Tunsil and Howard at the T spots and the three younger guys manning the IOL would be worth looking at when everyone is healthy and ready to return.

I’d really like to see an interior OL of; LG- Broeker / C- Patterson / RG- Scruggs. Some may ask why, b/c these three young guys are known to be nasty and physical blockers in the run game. I just don’t see any mean nor nasty IOL currently on the field.

Stacking Tunsil and Howard on the left effectively removed the run game going to that side. Most of the few positive runs went behind Patterson or between Patterson and Mason. Fant and the TE got blown up on each of the sweeps going to the right.

Tunsil and Howard at the T spots and the three younger guys manning the IOL would be worth looking at when everyone is healthy and ready to return.
Mason is probably their best IOL by far.

Probably something like a 2nd rd pick for Danielle Hunter. Gotta improve the pass rush. Bring Hunter home. Possibly trading for a LB like Frankie Luvu from Carolina.
This team still has a lot of holes.
Need to shore up the Dline and Oline - the battles are won in the trenches. These are our biggest priorities atm.
Next would be some secondary help in case another one goes down.
Another weapon at WR would be a luxury at this point but would be nice to have.
I would be waiting for calls for Mills before considering him for a trade - get more value for him that way.

This team still has a lot of holes.
Need to shore up the Dline and Oline - the battles are won in the trenches. These are our biggest priorities atm.
Next would be some secondary help in case another one goes down.
Another weapon at WR would be a luxury at this point but would be nice to have.
I would be waiting for calls for Mills before considering him for a trade - get more value for him that way.
They dont know what they have on the OL yet.

Agreed on the DL and that includes edge. Weak yr for DL, gotta fill this need in FA.

I would re-sign Nelson and run it back with this yrs secondary again.

A guy like MHJ/Bowers/Nabers/Oduzane aren't luxuries, they're play makers and anytime you can draft a play maker you do it these guys put points on the board.

Don't know what is with Broeker. He's had zero snaps so far.

Yeah, Broeker, Patterson, Scruggs. But until the club comes off, I'd keep Fant at RT. Howard, with the club, had a pass blocking grade of 71.5. Run blocking, only 51.6.

This board is pure comedy gold sometimes!

My two current favorites are

1. Junior is a JAG
2. Stroud is a system QB

lol

Just a matter of time and junior is going to break out.

and I guess Stroud is just turning his head out there, no reads whatsoever

I just don’t know sometimes….

1. Junior is a JAG
2. Stroud is a system QB

lol

Let 'em be miserable.

We'll just enjoy the ride.
Make the satisfaction all that much better. :texflag: :brando:

1. Junior is a JAG
2. Stroud is a system QB

lol

Who's actually currently saying this? I've very clearly missed it..

This is going to sound weird I know but I think we need to go ahead and get that interception over with. Throw the damn thing and then get back to the kind of aggressive offense that won against the Steelers and Jaguars. To me the offense seemed to be playing tight and I don't know if the completions without an interception record was involved in that but I'd like to see that talk in the rear view mirror. Great. No picks. Love it. Now start slinging it again!

And we were missing Shaq Griffin as well who has played pretty well.
That's true, but I was replying to a post that said we're missing half our secondary, which isn't the case. Our "starting" secondary is out there, minus one position, Stingley's. Griffin was playing well in his spot, so we're still only missing Stingley.

We could argue without Stingley & Tavier Thomas, playing in Nickel so much we're missing two spots of 5 spots.

That's true, but I was replying to a post that said we're missing half our secondary, which isn't the case. Our "starting" secondary is out there, minus one position, Stingley's. Griffin was playing well in his spot, so we're still only missing Stingley.

We could argue without Stingley & Tavier Thomas, playing in Nickel so much we're missing two spots of 5 spots.
Griffin was out.

LB'ers matter in coverage, whatever we think of Christian Harris, he is better than Perryman in coverage for sure. So I would say third string corner second nickel, and a LB, BUT, still, this kid was averaging 126 yards if I recall and he lit us up like Vegas

Back