Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 4: Raiders vs. Texans Gameday Thread

am962676.jpg

Ok, so you beat the Faiders.

That don't impress her much.

:spin:

So didnt get to see or listen to the game, were we that good today or were the raiders that bad whats the story of it all?

Yeah, but we can definitely move the ball a lot on the Cards and they should get pressure on Warner...

I'm worried less about the pressure they can put on Warner less than the pressure LFitz and Bolden can put on our secondary. Warner can handle our rush far better than Russell today. Our secondary really didn't get a test, given that Oaklands recievers didn't seem to interested in catching the balls they could have caught.

I'll take it though.. 2-2.

Arizona would be a nice win in what, so far is a jekyl and hyde start to a season with deservingly hopeful expectations. I personally believe that we have the players on defense, they just still have to figure out how to work together and maintain their gaps.

I'm worried less about the pressure they can put on Warner less than the pressure LFitz and Bolden can put on our secondary. Warner can handle our rush far better than Russell today. Our secondary really didn't get a test, given that Oaklands recievers didn't seem to interested in catching the balls they could have caught.

I'll take it though.. 2-2.

Arizona would be a nice win in what, so far is a jekyl and hyde start to a season with deservingly hopeful expectations. I personally believe that we have the players on defense, they just still have to figure out how to work together and maintain their gaps.

What's funny about that is people don't realize that the Cardinals are just as inconsistent themselves....they win some games with nice peformances and they also go out and get embarrassed the next game...they showed it last year too in the reg. season...

I think we can put pressure on them with our offense ourselves and definitely move the ball...They came out like that against Manning, playing horribly defensively...I like Schaub chances especially if they do that...to pick them apart...Warner got a lot of pressure and there offense didn't produce much

Warner got a lot of pressure and there offense didn't produce much

That's an effect a good Colts team tends to have.

I'm still not ready to elevate the Texans to that level without seeing much more than today's exhale. Russell's inability to make half of his throws, combined with his recievers dropping the other half he could make goes a long way to making today's Defensive effort look good, but make no mistake Warner and Co. will put up alot better game, inconsistent or not.

Dang

Sanfran 35-ZERO on STL i think st louis is a good young team 2 they shouldnt be beaten that bad

Iam offically scared when we play frisco in a few weeks

That's an effect a good Colts team tends to have.

I'm still not ready to elevate the Texans to that level without seeing much more than today's exhale. Russell's inability to make half of his throws, combined with his recievers dropping the other half he could make goes a long way to making today's Defensive effort look good, but make no mistake Warner and Co. will put up alot better game, inconsistent or not.

I'm saying our offense is capable of exploiting the same weaknesses in that secondary Indy did.

Of course, but the fact they got pressure over him for the majority of the game is a huge part of what are defense did....the D will get better, the Cards don't run much even when they should...
Yeah, it'll be better effort from them cuz they can score TDs...but I don't think it's a mismatch for us. I think Mario can really effect this game, he should eat Mike Gandy alive and thus demand attention...The Colts didn't shut down Fitz or Boldin, they shut down Kurt and dominated the ball...

When they are inconsistent that team can look as bad as when we are...really..I think it should be a good game..

Would she prefer that we lost to them and gave J Russ his needed boost?

Beat the teams you're supposed to.

Now don't get her wrong, yeah she thinks they're alright.
But that won't get a win in those long, hard, dirty fights.

:bubbles:

I'm saying our offense is capable of exploiting the same weaknesses in that secondary Indy did.

Of course, but the fact they got pressure over him for the majority of the game is a huge part of what are defense did....the D will get better, the Cards don't run much even when they should...
Yeah, it'll be better effort from them cuz they can score TDs...but I don't think it's a mismatch for us. I think Mario can really effect this game, he should eat Mike Gandy alive and thus demand attention...The Colts didn't shut down Fitz or Boldin, they shut down Kurt and dominated the ball...

When they are inconsistent that team can look as bad as when we are...really..I think it should be a good game..

I would feel better facing a running team. The run D has looked, for the most part, like the proverbial 'immovable object'. It's the pillow soft coverage in the secondary that is going to kill us.

It's a win, and it's a win we were supposed to have. We beat a really BAD team, so I'm not all that thrilled over it. And we should have beat them by a lot more. Actually I'm relieved that we beat the Raiders. There may not be a worse team in the NFL right now than the Raiders. So........... We're 2-2 after beating the Raiders.

Ho Hummm.:clap:

Last edited:
Why does everyone assume the raiders are so horrible?

They looked very competitive in a close game against san diego.
They beat KC.
They lost to an undefeated Denver team, and they lost to us.

They got an excellent set of DBs, a decent DL, 2 good running backs

Its not like they've been playing scrubs week in week out.

Why does everyone assume the raiders are so horrible?

They looked very competitive in a close game against san diego.
They beat KC.
They lost to an undefeated Denver team, and they lost to us.

They got an excellent set of DBs, a decent DL, 2 good running backs

Its not like they've been playing scrubs week in week out.

Cuz offensively they are very bad, but I disagree with those that think they are the worst in the league cuz they aren't....Look at the Browns, Chiefs, Rams...

Cuz offensively they are very bad, but I disagree with those that think they are the worst in the league cuz they aren't....Look at the Browns, Chiefs, Rams...

The Raiders are right there with the Browns, Chiefs, and Rams. We did allow J. Russell to have his highest QB rating after 4 games. Almost a 49 rating. And yes, they are not scrubs, they are highly paid professional football players......

The Raiders are right there with the Browns, Chiefs, and Rams. We did allow J. Russell to have his highest QB rating after 4 games. Almost a 49 rating. And yes, they are not scrubs, they are highly paid professional football players......

Yeah, they are right there, but I don't think they are the worst....They probaly have the best D out of those teams..

Back