Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 4 in the NFL

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I'm going to try to start an additional thread each week for the other NFL games & try not to flood the random NFL thread with game talk each week.

the week starts on Thursday.

Screenshot_20210927-202702_Chrome.jpg

I'm thinking this is the week Urban gets of the schneid.

Sure, the #1 pick will make you the best team in the world for a decade, but Urban knows winning games is the reason he was brought in.

They should have beat the Cardinals, had the lead most of the game.

I'm going to try to start an additional thread each week for the other NFL games & try not to flood the random NFL thread with game talk each week.

the week starts on Thursday.

I'm thinking this is the week Urban gets of the schneid.

Sure, the #1 pick will make you the best team in the world for a decade, but Urban knows winning games is the reason he was brought in.

They should have beat the Cardinals, had the lead most of the game.

I don't know, getting outscored 24-6 in the second half isn't a great sign. I don't think that game was as close as all that.

Only 4 games this coming week, IMO, worth watching.

Dallas / Carolina - interested to see the Panthers defense against this Cowboys offense. Cowboys have some legit skill players. And it’s defense is getting much better. That Diggs kid is good!

Seattle / SF - both need a win after disappointing loses last week.

Raiders / Chargers - Love this Herbert kid. And I’ve always liked the Raiders, back to the Alzado, Long, and the Mad Stork days. Just win baby! It should be a great Monday nighter.

Arizona / Rams - both undefeated and playing for the top spot in the West

Looking forward to the meltdown in Chicago when the Lions finally win a game and it's against Da Bears.

Andy Reid going back and getting booed in Philly is probably a good bet. Don't even know if he's been back yet. And with the Chefs at 1-2 they're likely going to be looking to slaughter someone. Just don't know if their defense allows them to do so.

But, the biggest game of the week has to be the hot take, Brady going back to Foxborough. As much as Belichick is probably going to want to win this one, I just don't know if he has the talent to get it done, especially when there's a motivated TB12 on the other side.

I seriously doubt Belichick can get a win with a rookie QB. I don’t see how this game is going to be entertaining at all, unless you like to watch Belichick loose.

I seriously doubt Belichick can get a win with a rookie QB. I don’t see how this game is going to be entertaining at all, unless you like to watch Belichick loose.
I’ll only watch it to see how many TDs Tommy will throw (fantasy interest). Other than that this game should be a dud as far as entertainment value.

Both teams started kind of meh

Bengals missed a field goal, Jags score a rushing TD.

Looks like Trevor took over on the drive. Well, Robinson did have a monster run.

Crazy 50 yard pass from Lawrence to Shenault...

Am I the only one watching this?

Killer loss for the Jags. They were doing everything right. Had the lead most of the game. But they only scored 7 points in the second half (on a hekuva drive) Cincinnati takes it from them with a chip shot FG.

Urban Myer 0-4
19 losses in a row. Meyer is probably second guessing himself by now. Burrow wanted to stick it to him. The Bengals have a lot talent on offense.

I've been to Foxborough. It's a nice little town. I'm just tired of Belichick's schtick.

I've been to a couple of games up there, my son is living in Connecticut. It's beautiful during the fall.

I love the ruthlessnes of Belichick and his cut franchise icons a yr early approach and same as Luhnow, Belichick was punished for being better at cheating than the rest.

God, I wish Luhnow was still the Stros GM. They would be contenders for the next decade. Luhnow is brilliant, as is Belichick. Most people hate winners, I'm not one of those guys.

Belichick hasn't been as brilliant without Tom Brady. Luhnow's brilliance also had limits.

Of course not with Cam and a rookie drafted QB.

WTH do y'all expect?

Hate runs deep. Jimmy)BB's works.

Tell me what Luhnow's limits are. If Click does his job the Stros should be relevant for the next decade.

Last edited:
Keeping an organization under control.

Keeping the cheating under control was the managers job.

I think since everybody was cheating Luhnow/Hinch and company didn't think the cheating was a big deal. I still dont think it was a big deal. The powers that be and the media didn't like that Luhnow had built a dynasty that could take down the Yankees/Dodgers/Red Sox. It was bad for business and the media was out to get Luhnow because he had little use for them and let them know it. As a GM Luhnow was singularly focused on winning by any means necessary, as it should be. Even though Fay Vincent would disagree with this statement as I'm sure Manfred would also agree with Vincent.

That was Belichick's decision to move on from Brady without a replacement. Again, not very brilliant.

Kraft is the guy that put Belichick in this position and now Belichick has found his guy in Jones. It just too him a season to do it. Unlike the Texans.

I’ll only watch it to see how many TDs Tommy will throw (fantasy interest). Other than that this game should be a dud as far as entertainment value.

Yeah, really hate those unentertaining dud games.

I wasn't. I liked him the most of all the qbs outside of Lawrence. People tried to downplay his game b/c he was surrounded by all that talent at bama, but i saw exactly what im seeing from him now...he was poised, great pocket presence and was really accurate.

These two defensive lines are gettin after it on Monday night football. Raiders have like -8 yards after the first quarter

Back