Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 3: Texans vs Jaguars

This performance shows injuries cannot be an excuse going forward. Team employs professional athletes with expectation that they perform at a pro level when called upon.

Coaches job is to put the players they have in position for success. OL and secondary was in shambles but it didn’t matter today.

Steelers at home next week, will be the toughest defense they’ve faced but their offense should not be able to drive the ball with much success.

Will need Tunsil back to counter TJ Watt. But if he’s not there, the coaches need to have a plan to keep CJ from turning into mush.

Crickets from a couple members……I mean I know they don’t hang in game threads but what’s the narrative? I’m honestly curious….,
Strange they weren’t active on the board for game day. They are usually extremely active all week…

I normally try to stay out of gamethreads. I don't know if y'all put me in the "they" category, but Cj had a nice game, just like he did at Ohio State. My only knock on Cj has been his poor performance under pressure. So, Cj had a great game... because the Jaguars suck. They couldn't get on the score board, so there was no pressure there once the Texans took the lead. They have no pass rush... at least nothing a JV team should be worried about. They have no secondary to speak of.

Yeah, they may be going through whatever growing pains, but I thought they were a better team than this.

I didn't want to go there. So don't act like I have to nitpick Cj Stroud because I'm some kind of hater. I'm just responding to your posts.

I'm extremely giddy that Stroud has found a third "#1 receiver" in three weeks.

9 receivers targeted 8 with at least one catch 7 with at least two.

View attachment 12711

Fantasy football fans will hate this offense. Matchups will dictate production. Nico got the big game last week, Dell this week.

Dalton Schultz is eagerly awaiting his opportunity… I expect him to have a big game when the OL gets healthy and the WRs encounter a tough CB matchup.

This performance shows injuries cannot be an excuse going forward. Team employs professional athletes with expectation that they perform at a pro level when called upon.

Coaches job is to put the players they have in position for success. OL and secondary was in shambles but it didn’t matter today.

Steelers at home next week, will be the toughest defense they’ve faced but their offense should not be able to drive the ball with much success.

Will need Tunsil back to counter TJ Watt. But if he’s not there, the coaches need to have a plan to keep CJ from turning into mush.

I know and get the "muscle through it" mentality. Fate and chance are what they are. No one in the nfl is going to sob for us because of injuries.

Nonetheless, it's been pretty devastating. I wanna see what cj can do with a legit run game and ol. Could be pretty damn nice.

Strange they weren’t active on the board for game day. They are usually extremely active all week…

Game threads leave no time for excuses. They need the time to create, form and project their new narrative or decide if they’ll rehash an old narrative that can neither be proven or refuted. Those tend to be their favorites.

It’s easy to sit around and post the same drivel in threads all week long but game threads leave no room for error on opinions. Similar to “they don’t play the games on paper”…….

Just proves we have a players coach and special rookie qb who elevates the team. 10 starters out including the punter and nickle Thomas. Yet we still won with a rookie qb, hc and oc. Stroud off to the greatest rookie start in nfl history. I can dig it

I normally try to stay out of gamethreads. I don't know if y'all put me in the "they" category, but Cj had a nice game, just like he did at Ohio State. My only knock on Cj has been his poor performance under pressure. So, Cj had a great game... because the Jaguars suck. They couldn't get on the score board, so there was no pressure there once the Texans took the lead. They have no pass rush... at least nothing a JV team should be worried about. They have no secondary to speak of.

Yeah, they may be going through whatever growing pains, but I thought they were a better team than this.

I didn't want to go there. So don't act like I have to nitpick Cj Stroud because I'm some kind of hater. I'm just responding to your posts.

I'm extremely giddy that Stroud has found a third "#1 receiver" in three weeks.
Poor performance under pressure?

top 5 in PFF’s passing grade when they have less than 2.5 seconds to throw:

1. Tua Tagovailoa, 85.6
2. Jalen Hurts, 76.7
3. C.J. Stroud, 75.9
T4. Kirk Cousins, 75.1
T4. Patrick Mahomes, 75.1

you’re right bro he’s so bad under pressure he’s graded top 5 and that’s just through 2 weeks. Cj probably jumped up to #2. It’s also normal for a rookie qb to look like a vet with majority of his ol out. Let’s find something else to pick at

1. Tua Tagovailoa, 85.6
2. Jalen Hurts, 76.7
3. C.J. Stroud, 75.9
T4. Kirk Cousins, 75.1

you’re right bro he’s so bad under pressure he’s graded top 5 and that’s just through 2 weeks. Cj probably jumped up to #2. It’s also normal for a rookie qb to look like a vet with majority of his ol out. Let’s find something else to pick at
That’s why I tell folks to stop watching the game looking for certain things you heard from the media.

1. Tua Tagovailoa, 85.6
2. Jalen Hurts, 76.7
3. C.J. Stroud, 75.9
T4. Kirk Cousins, 75.1

He showed an inability to process quickly and deal with pressure on that blitz beating td to Dell in the 4th quarter. At least that’s what his S2 score and college grades told me…

Fantasy football fans will hate this offense. Matchups will dictate production. Nico got the big game last week, Dell this week.
Ha. I have Nico Collins on my team. He was a late pick and I thought last week that I'd hit the jackpot with him. I kept waiting for him to blow up like he did last game but I'll take a real win over a fantasy win any day. (Besides, I'm still ahead in my fantasy game so far.)

I can appreciate Griffin's feelings. But he's been around long enough to understand, his being released was not personal........it was business.

Texans CB Shaq Griffin tells Jaguars, “I bet y’all miss me”
By Charean Williams
Published September 24, 2023 08:19 PM

Texans cornerback Shaquill Griffin spent two seasons in Jacksonville. He didn’t like the way it ended and made Sunday’s game “personal.”

Griffin got close enough to the Jaguars sideline to talk trash to his former team as the Texans were whipping his former team.

“I said, ‘I bet y’all miss me,’” Griffin told Juston Griffin of the Florida Times-Union. “Some of it was talking trash. Some of it was all love. Just had my little fun with it.”

Griffin played only five games last season because of a back injury and finished the year on injured reserve. He underwent surgery, and the Jaguars released him in March in a salary cap move.

“I got released by that team during my surgery, so, it got very personal,” Griffin said. “You try to give so much to somebody. Even in that year when I was playing with them, playing through those injuries and stuff, I gave everything I had to it. To leave through that, to go through them dark times, to get back from the back surgery, to be able to play football again at full speed. I had to do that by myself. So yeah, very personal.”

Starting cornerback Derek Stingley injured his hamstring in practice last week, and the Texans placed him on injured reserve. Griffin, who played only six defensive snaps the first two games, became the primary defender on Calvin Ridley on Sunday.

Ridley managed three catches for 40 yards on seven targets, which played a big part in the Texans’ 37-17 victory.

“When I got here I started to create some opportunity [in Jacksonville]. Start my family here,” Griffin said. “So yeah, everything was personal. In my head, I’m walking around saying, ‘****, they took everything from me. I had my crib here, kids here. We had to move, so yeah, it got very personal. I needed that one.”

I can appreciate Griffin's feelings. But he's been around long enough to understand, his being released was not personal........it was business.

Texans CB Shaq Griffin tells Jaguars, “I bet y’all miss me”
By Charean Williams
Published September 24, 2023 08:19 PM

Texans cornerback Shaquill Griffin spent two seasons in Jacksonville. He didn’t like the way it ended and made Sunday’s game “personal.”

Griffin got close enough to the Jaguars sideline to talk trash to his former team as the Texans were whipping his former team.

“I said, ‘I bet y’all miss me,’” Griffin told Juston Griffin of the Florida Times-Union. “Some of it was talking trash. Some of it was all love. Just had my little fun with it.”

Griffin played only five games last season because of a back injury and finished the year on injured reserve. He underwent surgery, and the Jaguars released him in March in a salary cap move.

“I got released by that team during my surgery, so, it got very personal,” Griffin said. “You try to give so much to somebody. Even in that year when I was playing with them, playing through those injuries and stuff, I gave everything I had to it. To leave through that, to go through them dark times, to get back from the back surgery, to be able to play football again at full speed. I had to do that by myself. So yeah, very personal.”

Starting cornerback Derek Stingley injured his hamstring in practice last week, and the Texans placed him on injured reserve. Griffin, who played only six defensive snaps the first two games, became the primary defender on Calvin Ridley on Sunday.

Ridley managed three catches for 40 yards on seven targets, which played a big part in the Texans’ 37-17 victory.

“When I got here I started to create some opportunity [in Jacksonville]. Start my family here,” Griffin said. “So yeah, everything was personal. In my head, I’m walking around saying, ‘****, they took everything from me. I had my crib here, kids here. We had to move, so yeah, it got very personal. I needed that one.”
Well, make your home in Houston by earning another contract. 😀

Game threads leave no time for excuses. They need the time to create, form and project their new narrative or decide if they’ll rehash an old narrative that can neither be proven or refuted. Those tend to be their favorites.

It’s easy to sit around and post the same drivel in threads all week long but game threads leave no room for error on opinions. Similar to “they don’t play the games on paper”…….
Or they prioritize family over football.

Wow Alleluia awesome. Had to say something here as I watched the DVR recorded game later Sunday night! Congrats Texans that was a mind blowing game fir shir! I had and still have an out of town family life threatening emergency since last week visiting a hospital out of town deep south Texas. Got back home SA and that game gave me so much uplift and pleasure after a long week of not so good news with a family member. I needed that. All those Texans had such great plays and played like all for one and one for all. The family crisis is still not over and slim chance recovery still looms for more surgery come next Monday. Prayer is strong.

Back