Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 3: Texans vs Jaguars

Texansballer74

The Marine

The Houston Texans (0-2) hit the road to take on the Jacksonville Jaguars (1-1) in a NFL Week 3 battle between AFC South teams looking to bounce back from losses. In Week 2, the Texans lost to the Indianapolis Colts 31-20. The Jaguars are aiming to get back on track after falling 17-9 to the defending Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs. The Texans lead the all-time series 28-14.

Kickoff is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET at EverBank Stadium. Jacksonville is favored by 8 points in the latest Texans vs. Jaguars odds, and the over/under for total points scored is 44. Before making any Jaguars vs. Texans picks, you need to see the NFL predictions and betting advice from the computer simulation model at SportsLine.

The injuries to this team has completely sucked my excitement for this season.

Angering.

Yep, hard to get excited until week 5 when Howard/Scruggs are supposed to return.

Then who knows who else will be injured by then?!

I’m not going to name names and speak injuries into existence but ALMOST every player worth watching for this team is injured or dealing with an injury!

Angering.
I would say the angering part is that there really isn't a silver lining in this case.

Normally if injuries stack up at least you have a good spot to draft... we don't have that luxury.

I am contemplating visiting a voodoo practitioner, a witch doctor, a sandwich doctor and even a practitioner of scientology to have Zenu emerge from his volcano and fart his magic lava dust into the face of the Browns and curse them to finish the season with the #1 over all pick next season

Angering.
We didn't expect to win a lot of games anyway. Injuries suck, but Cj is having to expand his game a bunch & he's rising to the challenge. Nico, Tank as well. Similar spots on defense.

They're still fun to watch is all I'm saying, if you can get past the not winning thing.

Houston has downgraded Laremy Tunsil to out with a knee injury. He did not travel with the team to Jacksonville after he was a limited participant in practice this week.

Stroud is gonna have to be at his fleet of foot best. So how many backups to the backups to the backups are we playing on that o-line now? Do we actually have anyone on the line right now that was projected as a starter?

With Tunsil out….scary tot hunk who may be manning the LT spot, but I’d have no issues with Nick Broeker getting the start at LG. He was actually listed as a LG with the Bills. He’s a plus in the run game and plays mean and through the whistle. Texans need some OL with a nasty demeanor. Might as well see how an IOL of Broeker, Patterson, and Mason would look….could it be any worse?

Stroud is gonna have to be at his fleet of foot best. So how many backups to the backups to the backups are we playing on that o-line now? Do we actually have anyone on the line right now that was projected as a starter?
Mason?

Start Mills.
This, I understand you want your rookie to gain experience. I understand wanting to see your shiny new QB out on the field

But, with an Oline held together by chewing gum and scotch tape.... you keep putting that shiny new QB out there with a "minor shoulder injury" somethings gotta give and its only a matter of time until that minor injury becomes much more significant even if currently it IS "minor".

ikr looks like Deculus OT coming back from practice squad again

It wasn't a "shove" He was trying to tell the ref what the "massage therapist" was doing to him the whole weekend.

They werre pals, thats all.
He was telling the ref to get up in there and got a little carried away.

We didn't expect to win a lot of games anyway. Injuries suck, but Cj is having to expand his game a bunch & he's rising to the challenge. Nico, Tank as well. Similar spots on defense.

They're still fun to watch is all I'm saying, if you can get past the not winning thing.

It's not about the winning. It's about building consistency, culture, and cohesion amongst your starting players.

Interested in seeing if the DL can generate pressure this week. Their performance from week 1 to week 2 was night and day. The DL needs to perform or else the M.A.S.H. unit secondary will be torn apart by Lawrence. Guess we can hope for a Shaq Griffin revenge game.

We all know about the OL… I don’t expect the run game to get going until the tackles and Scruggs get into the lineup. But I hope the passing game continues to flash. I just hope the run game can provide enough that Stroud doesn’t have to have another game with 45 plus attempts. Need to get him as close to 30 as possible.

Reactions: JB
was watching sunday countdown and all the commentators were sitting there feeling pitty for the packers b/c they have 3 starters inactive...cmon maaaaaannnn...how about you take a look at all the people we have out and say something...

TEXANS INACTIVES

Case Keenum (3rd QB) Dare Ogunbowale, Denzel Perryman, Jalen Pitre, Derek Rivers Tavierre Thomas, Laremy Tunsil

This, I understand you want your rookie to gain experience. I understand wanting to see your shiny new QB out on the field

But, with an Oline held together by chewing gum and scotch tape.... you keep putting that shiny new QB out there with a "minor shoulder injury" somethings gotta give and its only a matter of time until that minor injury becomes much more significant even if currently it IS "minor".

I need to correct you......Just chewing gum............The overwhelmed medical staff has the tape on back order...........

Given the history with the Jags, if we were relatively healthy, I’d be awfully tempted to take the Texans in an upset. As it stands, I’m just hoping nobody else of note goes down with an injury and we get out relatively healthy among those playing.

The only thing I’m excited to see is CJ, Tank and Nico. I want to see those connections flourish.

But I’ll take Jags 27-17…

Back