Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 3 Sit/Start thread

Wolf6151

All Pro
Antonio Gates-TE vs. at the Buffalo Bills (hamstring, listed as probable)

or

Martellus Bennett-TE vs. at the NY Jets

If it weren't for the hamstring issue I'd start Gates but he's listed as probable and did not practice on Wednesday.

Keep watching Gates and only start Martellus Bennett if you absolutely have to. He's a good real life TE but inconsistent in fantasy.

Question: should I start Matt Forte against the NYJ defense?

My running back situation in this league (ppr) is:

Matt Forte
LeVeon Bell
Ahmad Bradshaw
Pierre Thomas
Khiry Robinson

Question: should I start Matt Forte against the NYJ defense?

My running back situation in this league (ppr) is:

Matt Forte
LeVeon Bell
Ahmad Bradshaw
Pierre Thomas
Khiry Robinson

I think I'd go with Bell and Bradshaw, but nobody could fault you for starting who I imagine was your top draft pick over Bradshaw.

Should I go with Ryan tonight vs. the Bucs, or Cutler on Sunday at the Jets?

I think I'd go with Bell and Bradshaw, but nobody could fault you for starting who I imagine was your top draft pick over Bradshaw.

Should I go with Ryan tonight vs. the Bucs, or Cutler on Sunday at the Jets?

The Jets will shut down any running game the Bears try, so expect Cutler to either throw several picks or throw several touchdowns. High risk high reward imo.

TNF sucks but Ryan could have a good game against the Buccs secondary.

Thanks for the advice, too. That's what I think I'm going with... but I might be tempted to leave Forte in as flex.

The Jets will shut down any running game the Bears try, so expect Cutler to either throw several picks or throw several touchdowns. High risk high reward imo.

TNF sucks but Ryan could have a good game against the Buccs secondary.

Thanks for the advice, too. That's what I think I'm going with... but I might be tempted to leave Forte in as flex.

I've always heard to never start a player playing on Thursday in your flex. Reason being that for example, if you have Bobby Rainey in your flex tonight and plan on starting McCoy and Leveon Bell as RB1 and RB2 and one of them is injured tomorrow or is suddenly deactivated for any number of reasons you can then put Rainey into their position and then will have a flex spot open.

I've always heard to never start a player playing on Thursday in your flex. Reason being that for example, if you have Bobby Rainey in your flex tonight and plan on starting McCoy and Leveon Bell as RB1 and RB2 and one of them is injured tomorrow or is suddenly deactivated for any number of reasons you can then put Rainey into their position and then will have a flex spot open.

That makes sense. Speaking of Rainey... In my other league (non-ppr) I have

RB1: Chris Ivory
RB2: Khiry Robinson

Flex: Ahmad Bradshaw

Bench: Rainey
Bench: Jamaal Charles (out)
Bench: Doug Martin (Q)

I really want to go with Rainey but I'm hindered by two things. Doug Martin may come back and if so it'll be RBBC, and I'm not sure who to replace out of that lineup because they're all equally mediocre, save Bradshaw. I like Robinson, I think he'll get Mark Ingram's red-zone work for New Orleans, but Ivory hasn't been shabby either.

Should I put in Rainey and if so, who should I replace him with?

I really want to go with Rainey but I'm hindered by two things. Doug Martin may come back and if so it'll be RBBC, and I'm not sure who to replace out of that lineup because they're all equally mediocre, save Bradshaw. I like Robinson, I think he'll get Mark Ingram's red-zone work for New Orleans, but Ivory hasn't been shabby either.

I'd want to go with Rainey too but I can't see having a reason to replace what you have with him. Go with your gut.

I don't think Martin is playing tonight and I've also been told that the only players you should play on Thursday nights are RB's because the defensive linemen and LB's are still recovering from a Sunday game so are more likely to get gassed. Take that for what it's worth.

FYI...18 September 2014

Jamaal Charles returns to practice for Chiefs

Link

Last edited:
Trade question. Would you trade Jay cutler for Leveon Bell and Steve Smith? Guy had RG 3 and I had moreno and Ingram go out last week. Drew Brees is my starting QB. PPR league

Dammit. Rainey and the Bucs look like a FCS team come to get slaughtered against Atlanta. On the bright side Matt Ryan is my QB and the other guy has Vincent Jackson, so....

Trade question. Would you trade Jay cutler for Leveon Bell and Steve Smith? Guy had RG 3 and I had moreno and Ingram go out last week. Drew Brees is my starting QB. PPR league
Yeah.... I mean, have you had to start Cutler yet? Might as well cash him in.

In my original draft I had the Rams D, picked up the Bucs D in Wk2 thinking they would go off on the Rams QB3 but instead they loss the game and did little damage. This week had me nervous so I did this transaction yesterday morning and it may become the best move I make all year.

In my original draft I had the Rams D, picked up the Bucs D in Wk2 thinking they would go off on the Rams QB3 but instead they loss the game and did little damage. This week had me nervous so I did this transaction yesterday morning and it may become the best move I make all year.

Classic example of the "just in the nick of time"

Excellent. I made the same exact move this week. Tampa's DL is their strength and they are getting killed by injuries. Time to move on.

That's highway robbery. Take it and run.

You only need Cutler for Brees' bye week anyway, and you can find someone comparable for just one game depending on matchups.

Need a lil input on this week's W/R/T position (only 1).

No PPR, 10yds per point rushing or receiving and 6pts per TD

Here are the nominees:

WR Michael Floyd (AZ) vs SF
WR Keenan Allen (SD) vs Buf
WR DeAndre Hopkins vs NYG
RB Pierre Thomas (NO) vs Min
RB Alfred Blue vs NYG

Need a lil input on this week's W/R/T position (only 1).

No PPR, 10yds per point rushing or receiving and 6pts per TD

Here are the nominees:

WR Michael Floyd (AZ) vs SF
WR Keenan Allen (SD) vs Buf
WR DeAndre Hopkins vs NYG
RB Pierre Thomas (NO) vs Min
RB Alfred Blue vs NYG
my order of preference...
P. Thomas
D. Hopkins
M. Floyd
A. Blue