Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 3 Preview with a Jags fan here....

He does muff it and Boone would have got it just fine.

As far as I'm aware Beck's job is to be a blocker not a returner. Unless it's a squib I'm fairly certain special teams are coached to have the returner catch and return punts and kickoffs. Not whichever player is simply closest to the ball.

It also explains why Boone basically runs into his back.
You're certainly entitled to your opinion. I just don't agree with it. Boone running into him was the cause of the muff. If Beck would have stepped out of the way, Boone would have had to catch it on a run, and Boone had already muffed one kick. I think Beck did the right thing

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. I just don't agree with it. Boone running into him was the cause of the muff. If Beck would have stepped out of the way, Boone would have had to catch it on a run, and Boone had already muffed one kick. I think Beck did the right thing
I've never played NFL football but to my knowledge you're basically taught to not even be near the ball as the fielding team unless told by the returner themself or unless it's a squib because it's typically a recipe for a turnover. So to me it wasn't a squib and it's obvious Boone thinks he's the one catching and returning it and hasn't shouted anything to Beck to field it.

I could be wrong though, but that's what I was taught on returns and to my knowledge that's how the NFL teaches it too.

Did a little goggling and reading draft profiles on Green2. I like what I read. At Illinois, 3 years at LG in a zone blocking scheme. As a sophomore, honorable mention All Big 10 and All America; as junior, first team All Big 10 and 2nd team All American. His one negative, physically, he has 32" arms. His current playing weight is 315, up from 305.

Drafted in the 3rd round by Pittsburg. If I'm not mistaken, the Steelers are a downhill power blocking team. Green2 was not a fit for their system.

At worst, he should be an adequate stop gap for this year. At best, he may be a diamond in the rough.
The Steelers had used the zone scheme here and there in the past.

A couple of years ago, 2021, they seemingly moved further toward it

The Steelers had used the zone scheme here and there in the past.

A couple of years ago, 2021, they seemingly moved further toward it

Thanks

Congrats to Stroud on his first win as a professional. Stayed upright and poised, and hit the big plays when they were available. At this point, we'll take your injured/inexperienced OL over ours nine out of ten times. You guys didnt make any critical mistakes, and took full advantage of ours. I probably wouldnt roll out that fullback kickoff return against a competent special team tho. :-) Again, congrats and we'll see you later this year in Houston.
Someone forgot to tell full back Beck that he was supposed to be a blocker and not a runner on that play. Dad gum him!

Back