Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 17 Post Game: Happy New Year Eve’s Win

I have Demeco Ryans fever! This is the best coaching staff we have ever had. You see the game plan in action, the buy-in of every player on the field, and attention to detail in all three phases. My friend and I purchased two tickets last week to the Colts game next week. I am headed to Shreveport, LA to meet my friend on Friday... Driving to Indy on Saturday... Very excited to root for this team!!

Anybody here attend today's game in person ?
If so what was the atmosphere like, was the crowd really into the game, and real supportive of the Texans ?

?

the Titans are ass cheeks and we treated them like a duece we flush after eating a bowl full of prunes. Love to see it.

Was worried Stroud was gonna come out trying to do too much and make this game tougher than it had to be. Glad he was kept upright and looked sharp. More importantly I’m glad the game plan was set up to protect him.

Bring on the Minshews.

He does a really good job protecting himself. If they could shore up the OL & fix the blitz pickups Dangerous would be an understatement.
I like the way he gets rid of the ball quickly when he spots a rusher and he usually finds a man to pass to and with accuracy.
He played a smart game and Slowik had a nice game plan for him.
If he's feeling 100% next Sunday, they may open the playbook a bit more and look for a few more deep passes depending on how effective the Clots pass rush is.

Our first game against the Colts had some positives. We had decent offensive production and won the time of possession battle. We have a stronger run game now which helps and the defense is making bigger plays. We just need to protect CJ and let him cook. He was sacked alot back in week 2.

Still savoring the beat down of the Tits - yeah, thinking of the Clots game but that was a convincing win yesterday, hopefully a sign we can take it to the Oilcan on Saturday night.
Just wondering what their pass rush is like - they sacked CJ a few times in Round 1 and our Oline is in tatters...
CJ is a little the wiser now and hopefully Slowik can draw up another nice game plan for him.

When I was watching the game a stat came up. Maybe in the late second or third quarter.

Out of the first 18 first downs the Texans had they had called the following plays:
9 runs
9 passes

That is what I am most happy about.

No more running it up the middle for little to no gain on first down. Every. Single. Time.

Anybody here attend today's game in person ?
If so what was the atmosphere like, was the crowd really into the game, and real supportive of the Texans ?

?

This was one of the smallest other team crowd of the year. The fans were really good early. About the only negative not staying through the boredom and giving the team thank you for a very good season cheer at the end.

Reactions: JB
I went from apathetic

Then, in the offseason intrigued and supporting moves they made but still convinced, it was the Texans, so even if they made the right moves.... it would still be wrong.

To HELL YEAH!!

I will be disappointed if they miss the playoffs, only because my expectations adapted to the circumstances, but wouldn't be angry at the Texans if they do.

The "shoulda/coulda" games sting... but its a young group so they are gonna drop some they shoulda had.... disappointing... but far from reaching for any pitchforks or torches when at best I expected to be watching "meaningless" football long before this point and expected us to be just outside a top 10 pick we would be handing to AZ.

So all I can really say is... well done, team, staff, Nick, DR, Hannah, lizard people, aliens, some odd football parasite that makes things go right with football. Wherever the credit belongs..... well done.

Always fun to slap Tennessee around, after the close game that we won with a FG I figured they were getting too big for their pants. Glad to see we reminded them of their place. Next up is the Colts and frankly looking at the schedule this might be the best overall game of the weekend because its two hot, division rival teams battling for a playoff spot. Texans win this and they are walking away with some "X of the year" trophies no doubt.

No. This is about play design. In the red zone you don't want guys running from sideline to sideline all grouped up. There was one play that could've covered 3 WRs with 1 db. Why so many players in the same area?
I hated the end around to X on the first drive down in the red zone. I think it was a first down. Hated that play call there. They were drubbing the Tacks the entire drive.

Back