Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 17 Post Game: Happy New Year Eve’s Win

Texansballer74

The Marine
Good win for the good guys. Sweeping the Titans is always a beautiful thing. Great all around performance from the entire team.

I love seeing the defensive front hunting out there with 6 sackone resulting in a defensive touchdown. Man Coach Cap has these men swarming to the ball, shutting Henry big ish out. The man only had 42 yards on 12 carries.

I was counting on the Raiders to win today. They’re down 23-13 with less than two minutes left to play. But hey ladies and gentlemen we’re still in the playoffs race. Looks like next week will be a must win for sure against the Colts. And we will need the Titans chump ashes to beat the Jaguars.

Welcome back CJ, the offense looked so much smoother.

Happy New Year Ladies and Gentlemen

Happy for the win... but we gotta remember the Titans are really bad this year.
To be fair, so are the Panthers..... and we know how that turned out.

I'll take the sweep of the Titans and move on. Hopefully they dont celebrate this win to heavily cause it was the Titans. I hope they as a team are 100% focused on next week vs Colts. Its a winnable game, but they aren't the Titans.

Along with great defensive play it was nice to see that we can play ball control & eat clock when we need to. We had 3 drives of 12 or more plays.

13 plays, 58 yards, 6:47 FG
13 plays, 94 yards, 7:30 TD
12 plays, 71 yards, 5:25 FG

Of course we need to score TDs instead of field goals but considering the shape our receiving core is in I thought they played about as well as can be expected. At one point I thought Vrabel might just start to cry on the sideline. It was sweet to watch that hat wearing SOB's face crumple up. A great way to start the new year.

Along with great defensive play it was nice to see that we can play ball control & eat clock when we need to. We had 3 drives of 12 or more plays.

13 plays, 58 yards, 6:47 FG
13 plays, 94 yards, 7:30 TD
12 plays, 71 yards, 5:25 FG

Of course we need to score TDs instead of field goals but considering the shape our receiving core is in I thought they played about as well as can be expected. At one point I thought Vrabel might just start to cry on the sideline. It was sweet to watch that hat wearing SOB's face crumple up. A great way to start the new year.
Not trying to sound like Debbie Downer, but it would have been nice to see those types of drives in the 4th QTR, when we have a solid lead. If we were playing a team that avg'd 20 ppg those drives would have killed us, not getting in the end zone & all.

I do agree it was nice to see the Texans able to sustain drives. That's not something we've been able to do even in our wins. But even today, not very well in the 4th QTR

I used to be like that, wishing this team was something it wasn't.
Oh, I am well aware who we are.

With every win:

We drive the value of the pick we give to Arizona down.

It gives that much more hope to what we have to build on, both in the culture being formed, talent evaluation AND it allows the new team in the future to act like they have been there before..... because they have.

I have no delusions that this team will go far in the playofs.

However, since we are here, I want the AFCS title because Titans, Jags and Colts can go suck lemons.

I do not want playoffs because I believe we are ready right now. I want playoffs cause they are there and grabbing it would do a lot of good for the team going into the offseason and forward.

Great game. Just watched the highlights. Glad Cj and Blake Cashman was able to return this week. I’m assuming next week vs colts is a playoff game. Whoever wins goes to playoffs. Yeah I’m glad Cashman is back because Perryman couldn’t cover Tupperware with a lid all season. I probably should sound mean but respect to the colts for battling all season long. Their head coach is pretty awesome. Good job to Demeco and the rest of our coaching staff. Great effort all season from our team

Another possible positive is I believe we had the lowest number of penalties this season with 1 for 6 yards. Probably more to do with the way the referees called the game & Tunsil leaving early than the Texans cleaning up their act. Still it is a step in the right direction.

Any word on Woods and Brown injuries? Any veteran WR’s available to sign for a game and maybe the playoffs?

Not trying to sound like Debbie Downer, but it would have been nice to see those types of drives in the 4th QTR, when we have a solid lead. If we were playing a team that avg'd 20 ppg those drives would have killed us, not getting in the end zone & all.

I do agree it was nice to see the Texans able to sustain drives. That's not something we've been able to do even in our wins. But even today, not very well in the 4th QTR
They got off the gas like most teams do. The defense was was on it today.

Yep the NFL could not have fixed it any better!
Good, guess that means the Texans win next week so they can prop up CJ over Minshew since they can not start the AR vs CJ battle for the AFCS superiority until next season at earliest.

Where is @djohn2oo8's weekly critique of DeMeco and his defense? I might be wrong. But it seems that critique only appears when the Texans are either losing or after a loss. :kitten:
Well if you cared to check before you posted, you would have seen I was here giving credit for the win. Funny how you normally post something like this then the following week, we get shredded by a backup lol.

Anyways, must destroy Minshew.

Somebody should tell them, or you, that's not how you run a 4 minute offense.

Somebody should tell you there's a reason teams don't score 50 points every week. This is the NFL where the 3 win Cardinals can beat the 11 win Eagles, or the 0-6 Panthers can win a game. The Texans won this game by 23 freaking points. That doesn't happen a lot either. 8 of this week's 15 games (GB/MIN pending) were decided by 1 score. Though there were a couple other 20+ point wins today, that's not the norm. There was just 1 last week. Yes, the Titans suck. I know some wanted to beat Amy Skank's team 95-0. That's just not reality.

The Texans defense dominated. They gave up less than 200 yards and only 3 points. No reason the offense has to go out there and be risky with Davis Mills at QB in a 23 point game with 4 minutes left. I assume that's the 4 minute offense you're talking about.

Somebody should tell you there's a reason teams don't score 50 points every week. This is the NFL where the 3 win Cardinals can beat the 11 win Eagles, or the 0-6 Panthers can win a game. The Texans won this game by 23 freaking points. That doesn't happen a lot either. 8 of this week's 15 games (GB/MIN pending) were decided by 1 score. Though there were a couple other 20+ point wins today, that's not the norm. There was just 1 last week. Yes, the Titans suck. I know some wanted to beat Amy Skank's team 95-0. That's just not reality.

The Texans defense dominated. They gave up less than 200 yards and only 3 points. No reason the offense has to go out there and be risky with Davis Mills at QB in a 23 point game with 4 minutes left. I assume that's the 4 minute offense you're talking about.
None of that has anything to do with what I've been arguing. I agree with everything you said.

Back