Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 15 - The Battle of Dumpster Fires (Jags)

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Texans again dogs in this one. They got a 2 TD win the last time. Lawrence's only game this season where he's thrown more than 1 TD pass in a game, came against the Texans.

Texans last best chance to get a W this season. If they do win, I think they're out of the running for a top 2 pick. With the tiebreaker they'd have a 2 game lead on the Jags with 3 to go. Detroit has Arizona this week. Unless something crazy happens they ain't winning that one. Lose and they've got a real shot at #1. For who, I don't know. I'm just looking forward to the Culley-Meyer handshake after the game.

justmy2cents

All Pro
Contributor's Club
I like this plan, there doesn’t seem to be a QB in this draft worth a top 3 so let’s shore up every where else. Though beauty is even if they lose then that just means they have a better shot at 2 or even 1 which is worth even more picks.

It’s kinda win-win for us.
I still pull for them on every play, but only while I'm watching the game. During those times, I cheer like a 12 year old. The rest of the time, I'm focused on rebuilding a Dynasty ! The more and earlier draft picks we amass, the quicker we can get there. We all pretty much agree on who we want to get rid of .... the challenge is to identify and acquire the bright young mind, with the heart of a warrior, who will come in git her done !

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
I’ll be watching this game carefully. This season when the Texans have gone up against similarly crap teams, they have tended to start well and then fade badly.

This isn’t a good omen for if this staff eventually reaches mediocrity, or even becomes a good team, playoff team contending team.

Not that a win against the Jags will tell you much, but if some of the young players can shine against lesser competition it may be good for their development.

banned1976

sleeper mode
Does it really matter who wins, who loses? These are two historically poorly run organizations that even when they get a top five pick, it really doesn't translate to much of anything.

The battle of the tape:
Houston Texans
2-11
PF 177 PA 356
137-180 all-time win/loss record
4-6 playoff record (never made it to the AFCCG)

Jacksonville Jaguars
2-11
PF 180 PA 340
179-250
7-7 playoff record

Two dogs with fleas. Each failing when gifted/earned a top 5 pick.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Expect the Texans to give up 200 yards rushing.

Not because Kirksey & KGH are out though. It's what we do.
Maybe. The 1st time around the Jags decided to let their shiny new QB throw 51 times while they only ran 16 run plays. If they're stupid like that again......

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
This week's fun facts,
the Texans have been shutout in the 2nd half for 3 straight games, 6 games total, and are averaging a league worst 4.8 points per game in the 2nd half, 3.3 points per game on the road. They're averaging 1.6 points in the 3rd quarter this season.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
The legend of Urban continues in Jacksonville.

Kicking the kicker? Is this guy for real? Meyer's going to have a difficult time getting another college job, or even a broadcasting job, after the Jaguar debacle.

"It certainly wasn't as hard as he could've done it, but it certainly wasn't a love tap," Lambo added. "Truthfully, I'd register it as a five (out of 10). Which in the workplace, I don't care if it's football or not, the boss can't strike an employee. And for a second, I couldn't believe it actually happened. Pardon my vulgarity, I said, 'Don't you ever f---ing kick me again!' And his response was, 'I'm the head ball coach, I'll kick you whenever the f--- I want.' "
I'll be taking the the Texans to get win #3.

banned1976

sleeper mode

Kicking the kicker? Is this guy for real? Meyer's going to have a difficult time getting another college job, or even a broadcasting job, after the Jaguar debacle.

Urban Meyer…

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

You think the players quit on him?

I bet they score 18 points against us. & I honestly don't think Kelly can top that. He's got 8 plays running out of four formations.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
The battle for draft picks is between Jags/Texans for the 2 and 3 spots as Detroit has 1 locked up. (I believe.) At this point, the Texans are in position 3, so winning won't hurt them for draft position. The Texans have to lose to move up to the 2 spot.

Number 2 spot has 400 more trading points, which is worth about a lower 2nd round pick in extra value.

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I say congrats to coach Culley because he's still standing while one of the most heralded college coaches to come into the NFL in years
has been bounced by his owner short of the completion of a single year, as it turns out he didn't have the "right stuff" to coach in the big leagues.
And of course Culley was the one who walked into the dual mess created by Deshawn Watson & x-HC coach Obrien while the setup for the glamourous and renowned Urban Meyer with Trevor Lawrence @ QB was a dream scenario.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
The battle for draft picks is between Jags/Texans for the 2 and 3 spots as Detroit has 1 locked up. (I believe.) At this point, the Texans are in position 3, so winning won't hurt them for draft position. The Texans have to lose to move up to the 2 spot.

Number 2 spot has 400 more trading points, which is worth about a lower 2nd round pick in extra value.
Lions are 1/2 game up on both the Texans and Jags. Jets are a game behind Texans and Jags. So picks 1-4 are definitely still very much in play as of today.

A Texans win Sunday and 1 and 2 are likely out for the Texans as they’d basically be 2 games ahead of the Jags with 3 to go, and unless Detroit shocks Arizona, there’d be a game and half difference there with 3 to go.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Lions are 1/2 game up on both the Texans and Jags. Jets are a game behind Texans and Jags. So picks 1-4 are definitely still very much in play as of today.

A Texans win Sunday and 1 and 2 are likely out for the Texans as they’d basically be 2 games ahead of the Jags with 3 to go, and unless Detroit shocks Arizona, there’d be a game and half difference there with 3 to go.
I dunno about "tie-breakers" ?
For example: the Jets beat us in our head-to-head so is that a tie-breaker which would give us the #3 pick while the Jets remain with the #4 if at the end of the season the Jets and us are both at 3 wins or is strength of schedule the tie-breaker ?

beerlover

Hall of Fame
Just the Texans luck. Seem to remember the week before Raiders game Al Davis passed away, team rallied around legendary owner. Then of course that Monday Night game against Green Bay Brett Farve’s Dad passed, Farve lit it up dedicating game to him. Texans can’t seem to catch a break, except for those of us wishing to draft ahead of Jacksonville…. :hankpalm:

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Just the Texans luck. Seem to remember the week before Raiders game Al Davis passed away, team rallied around legendary owner. Then of course that Monday Night game against Green Bay Brett Farve’s Dad passed, Farve lit it up dedicating game to him. Texans can’t seem to catch a break, except for those of us wishing to draft ahead of Jacksonville…. :hankpalm:
IMO drafting ahead of the Jags in 2022 is important for the Texans if long-term goals of this organization are important.
BTW BL I'm all excited about a new IPA I recently discovered: "Hop In Hand" by Breckenridge Brewer, Littleton CO. Check it out man !

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
I dunno about "tie-breakers" ?
For example: the Jets beat us in our head-to-head so is that a tie-breaker which would give us the #3 pick while the Jets remain with the #4 if at the end of the season the Jets and us are both at 3 wins or is strength of schedule the tie-breaker ?
Hmm...I assume tiebreakers would be the same for draft positioning. Maybe it’s not. Will have to verify that when I get a chance.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
IMO drafting ahead of the Jags in 2022 is important for the Texans if long-term goals of this organization are important.
BTW BL I'm all excited about a new IPA I recently discovered: "Hop In Hand" by Breckenridge Brewer, Littleton CO. Check it out man !
New Hop, Trident (never heard of it) sounds tropical. One of my favorite styles DIPA.

Hardcore Texan

Magnet Man

I have always thought pretty poorly of Urban and didn't think he would pan out in the NFL, but this whole thing has been a much bigger disaster than I could have possibly dreamed up.

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member

76Texan

Hall of Fame
The opening line was 3.5
Then it fluctuate between 4 and 4.5

With the firing of Myer, it now fluctuates between 4 and 5.5

What's going on?
:smiliepalm:

Texian

Hall of Fame
Does it really matter who wins, who loses? These are two historically poorly run organizations that even when they get a top five pick, it really doesn't translate to much of anything.

The battle of the tape:
Houston Texans
2-11
PF 177 PA 356
137-180 all-time win/loss record
4-6 playoff record (never made it to the AFCCG)

Jacksonville Jaguars
2-11
PF 180 PA 340
179-250
7-7 playoff record

Two dogs with fleas. Each failing when gifted/earned a top 5 pick.
Translates into one team getting to draft Aidan Hutchinson.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Starting to feel like no one wants to win this game.
I hope so.... a race to the bottom might be the best comedic entertainment I've seen in awhile.

I'm not really one for intentional tanking... but... a Monty Python skit on the field would probably be more entertaining than what will actually transpire.

Especially if they bring in the Frenchman.

f87.gif

Earl34

Hall of Fame
This week's fun facts,
the Texans have been shutout in the 2nd half for 3 straight games, 6 games total, and are averaging a league worst 4.8 points per game in the 2nd half, 3.3 points per game on the road. They're averaging 1.6 points in the 3rd quarter this season.
Wow. Talk about lack of 2nd half adjustments. The bad part is that they have been facing prevent defenses in the 2nd half and still can't even get into FG range.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
No KGH/Kirksey at LB.

No Reid at safety and backups AJ Moore/Terrance Brooks also out.

No Terrance Mitchell at CB.

This defense will be seeing a lot of playing time for younger players. I expect Lawrence will be able to take advantage of lots of miscommunications in the secondary. And Robinson will be getting fed a bellcow workload with Carlos Hyde out.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
I hope the Texans win. Then trade that top 3 pick for more picks.
I like the idea. And if we can trade Watson even better. I can't argue with 4+ picks in the 1st and early 2nd. I think it would be great if we could and would move that way. Filling needs with very high quality players. True, always a risk of a bust or an updrafted player being very good. However, the odds of 50-75% of 1st and 2nd round picks making a splash and impact is probable. With 1 being trash.