Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 15: Lucas Oil my backside

PapaL

Loose Screw
You have to take the good with the bad. The guy makes plays. Just like Watson. Sometimes he fks up bad, just like Watson. But until you get me a guy who makes plays & doesn’t fk up, put QT on the field.

I don’t care if his name is Fuller, Cooks, Cobb, & especially Carter. QT makes more big plays than all of them except Fuller, but he’s got other issues.

QT baby, play him.
Hansen has earned play. Coutee doesn’t deserve a 12th chance. We know who and what he is. Who else is hiding on the PS around the league?

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

Texian

Hall of Fame
It’s been that way for a while. Remember @Texian been repeating that crap like a parrot. Then he had to take a hiatus because we kept winning the division even though the Jaguars were the “better” team.
Oh good grief, you need to take that burr out of your butt. I posted multiple times in order to set the record straight that I took a hiatus because I took a knee on the NFL because the NFL took a knee on me. I was gone for 3 years. To be even more clear I was/am not a fan of players kneeling during the National Anthem. This probably doesn't suit your bias or agenda and you will continue making up stuff as you go along. We expect better from a staff member.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Oh good grief, you need to take that burr out of your butt. I posted multiple times in order to set the record straight that I took a hiatus because I took a knee on the NFL because the NFL took a knee on me. I was gone for 3 years. To be even more clear I was/am not a fan of players kneeling during the National Anthem. This probably doesn't suit your bias or agenda and you will continue making up stuff as you go along. We expect better from a staff member.
Ok. I’m just saying you were saying the same thing (about other teams having the means to improve, & they did, & we didn’t). Still, we kept beating them.

Texansballer74

The Marine
According to the broadcast team, the Colts have given up 300 yards passing 5 times this season and Watson has 2 of the 5.
@steelbtexan was on Watson's a$$ from the kickoff and was just trolling this thread. He expected/wanted the Colts' "elite" defense to "confuse" and beat up Watson. SMDH
He picked apart that top 5 defense again. But you can best believe the narrative of him not having a good game against top rated defenses will remain the same. The rest of the 1000% accurate club will only critique what he didn’t do good.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Ok. I’d rather be the tallest midget if I’m in a division of midgets.
So you're perfectly happy with the Texans just making the playoffs even though it's more likely than not that they will make an early exit? That's exactly what being the tallest midget in the AFC South has meant for a decade with one SB and 2 AFCCG (both by the Colts) since 2009 and none since 2014.

banned1976

sleeper mode
It’s been that way for a while. Remember @Texian been repeating that crap like a parrot. Then he had to take a hiatus because we kept winning the division even though the Jaguars were the “better” team.
I'm not saying that Jacksonville is better than the Texans, or in a better position than the Texans. The fact is, though, the Texans don't have a 1st or 2nd round pick in 2021 and they are in a poor position to obtain top tier level free agents. If you have evidence to suggest otherwise, please share that with me. Until then...

the Texans are behind the Titans and the Colts in overall talent. They're unlikely to catch up within a year. I hope they do but I'm not as optimistic as you are.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Hansen has earned play. Coutee doesn’t deserve a 12th chance. We know who and what he is. Who else is hiding on the PS around the league?
I've mostly seen QT as a healthy scratch by an inept HC who would cut his nose off to spite his face before playing the most talented players on his team.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
The other teams have the resources to improve in 2021. The Texans do not.

Next season is going to be just as painful, if not more so than this season.
While agree with the core of your post I disagree with the psot at face value.

No OB at GM/HC opens the door fora ton of improvement.

IF we make the right choice at GM/HC..... that is a much MUCH better improvement than we have ever seen with a first or second round pick.

If we screw the pooch on those choices, pain and lots of it is our future... regardless of picks

banned1976

sleeper mode
Anyway, I get your point TK. I just don't remember a time when this team had more holes in it than now. Even when O'Brien took over, he took over for a team that had a pretty good nucleus, especially on defense. This team doesn't have that.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Ok. I’m just saying you were saying the same thing (about other teams having the means to improve, & they did, & we didn’t). Still, we kept beating them.
Well the AFC South was the weakest division in NFL by far. Winning the division was more of a process of elimination and the Texans playoff record during this time was a yearly replay of one and done. The Texans were beneficiaries of the Titans (pre-Vrabel) The Colts (post Peyton ) and Jags (just being the Jags) unique abilities to get it more wrong than the Texans. The Texans one and done and losing record against teams that were .500 or > is a testament to this.

Last edited:

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Mahomes would’ve dove over the line, into the end zone, and recovered the ball.
The ball would've defied physics and bounced directly to Mahomes and he would've waltzed, untouched, into the end zone for a TD and a 2 point conversion on the same play.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
The Texans have to many massive holes to fix in one year so any yall hoping for a serious turnaround next year will be in for a disappointment. With the right staff, they can improve some, but it's going to be a while before anyone can take this team seriously. It's very possible to get this ship turned around in plenty of time to take advantage of Watson's skills, but it won't be in 2021.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
@steelbtexan was on Watson's a$$ from the kickoff and was just trolling this thread.
It’s only trolling when you acknowledge and respond to it. Stop giving him the time of day. Arguing on and on with the troll is no different from being the troll. It turns everything into a pissing contest. This thread is the perfect example. Nothing but a big bucket of piss and it’s really stinking up this MB.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
It’s only trolling when you acknowledge and respond to it. Stop giving him the time of day. Arguing on and on with the troll is no different from being the troll. It turns everything into a pissing contest. This thread is the perfect example. Nothing but a big bucket of piss and it’s really stinking up this MB.
Yep. I put him on ignore in the first quarter.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
According to the broadcast team, the Colts have given up 300 yards passing 5 times this season and Watson has 2 of the 5.
@steelbtexan was on Watson's a$$ from the kickoff and was just trolling this thread. He expected/wanted the Colts' "elite" defense to "confuse" and beat up Watson. SMDH
Wrong, I never root for the Texans to lose.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
O’Brian has destroyed roster dramatically over course of his GM tenure, and probably wrecked havoc with Gaine negating any possible continuity and cohesive roster building.
Despite unforced errors, untimely fumbling comes to mind, this Texans roster had no business being on same field with this Colts roster yet they hung in there, largely on their essential franchise QB.
I’m looking forward to the draft without O’Brian. Would be awesome to finally have a personnel GM who can identify talent and pair that with a coach who can unleash Watson.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
So you're perfectly happy with the Texans just making the playoffs even though it's more likely than not that they will make an early exit? That's exactly what being the tallest midget in the AFC South has meant for a decade with one SB and 2 AFCCG (both by the Colts) since 2009 and none since 2014.
You make it sound like all the other teams in the playoffs got there through hard fought seasons against divisions made up of elite teams. One of the Pats secrets of success has been how bad the rest of the AFCE has been. Most divisions have 1 maybe 2 teams that are good and then the rest are freebies.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I’d much prefer that, than being 3rd or 4th in that same division.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
the Texans are behind the Titans and the Colts in overall talent. They're unlikely to catch up within a year. I hope they do but I'm not as optimistic as you are.
We got a crappy team now & played them to the wire all three times. We’ve got no defense. We’ve got no run game. We’ve got no offensive line.

still... they are crappy teams. Have been crappy teams. And will be crappy teams. We just have to be less crappy

mws

Rookie
Watson had a good game overall (33 of 41 for 373 yards with 2 Tds and no INTs). Our defense only had 2 stops today. I guess one half ass good thing is we did not have any 3 & outs.

Colts' Drives
1 - TD (10 Plays, 81 Yds)
2 - TD (4 Plays, 42 Yds)
3 - Punt (5 Plays, 26 Yds)
4 - Punt (4 Plays, 19 Yds)
-- Half --
5 - FG (13 Plays, 58 Yds)
6 - FG (6 Plays, 40 Yds)
7 - TD (12 Plays, 85 Yds)

Texans' Drives
1 - Punt (5 Plays, 14 Yds)
2 - Fumble (6 Plays, 21 Yds)
3 - Punt (8 Plays, 33 Yds)
4 - TD (7 Plays, 84 Yds)
5 - FG (12 Plays, 66 Yds)
-- Half --
6 - FG (12 Plays, 64 Yds)
7 - TD (10 Plays, 80 Yds)
8 - Fumble (9 Plays, 63 Yds)

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Well the AFC South was the weakest division in NFL by far.
That’s not the point.

We’ve been here before. Less capital to improve out team than the more talented teams in the division, yet it hasn’t proven to be an advantage for them.

whodknee

Working Class Hero
The Texans can get better with the right coach and GM. If they can get a player they feel they need in the first round next year they could trade the 2022 pick and so on.

banned1976

sleeper mode
That’s not the point.

We’ve been here before. Less capital to improve out team than the more talented teams in the division, yet it hasn’t proven to be an advantage for them.
Except last year, when the Titans went further in the playoffs than the Texans. And this year. And in 2017 when the Jags went to the AFC South Championship game. But other than that...

"AFC South Champions, banned1976".