Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 14: Seahawks vs. Texans Gameday Thread

Ryan

THIS YEAR
Whether you're on the Kubes supporter list or not, i think we can all agree that we're Texans supporters and we want them to win, so let's make this last month interesting. :fans:

:texflag:

Whether you're on the Kubes supporter list or not, i think we can all agree that we're Texans supporters and we want them to win, so let's make this last month interesting. :fans:

:texflag:

clap.gif

We have a football game? I thought it was just jousting amongst the fans.

My FF hopes are fading fast. I have Schaub at QB, who is one hit away from hanging a zero on me. I could play Forsett at RB, but I actually have a little faith in our run D.

I'm looking for the Texans d-line to dominate the game. That is the recipe for success* against the Seahawks this year.

From what little I've tracked about the Seahawks this year, admittedly.

Things im hoping to see:
1. Arain Foster get a noticible amount of touches
2. Smith gets 1.5 sacks
3. Mario gets 2 sacks
4. Andre johnson 2 TD's
5. A win

It'll be fun to watch a game with no stress, considering we are virtually eliminated from playoff contention.

I'm up packing up the truck...and calling my riders to wake up from they're UFC partying last night... I'm ready to see the game!

I'm ready for the game. The Texans are only going to be on TV four more time until the dreaded offseason. I'm glad there are some Sundays left to still watch them.

:fans:

Anyone still have a link to some kind of internet TV site that will allow for viewing of todays Texans game?

Someone had posted one in a thread somewhere once and I didn't copy it like I should have.

Love the Texans, but don't see myself driving from Dripping Springs all the way to Round Rock or something and spending $40+ bucks today. Plus I put off a bunch of stuff yesterday that now must be done today.

Please send a link to free internet TV viewing if you know of one. Listening on 610 online is just not the same.:gun:

Ain't gonna find a better comedy of errors to watch today. Go Texans. You suck. Try and beat the seagulls today. It's a tough time to be a texans fan.

Last edited:
Anyone still have a link to some kind of internet TV site that will allow for viewing of todays Texans game?

Someone had posted one in a thread somewhere once and I didn't copy it like I should have.

Love the Texans, but don't see myself driving from Dripping Springs all the way to Round Rock or something and spending $40+ bucks today. Plus I put off a bunch of stuff yesterday that now must be done today.

Please send a link to free internet TV viewing if you know of one. Listening on 610 online is just not the same.:gun:

I of course would never advocate such a thing. But if you were to randomly type in http://www.justin.tv/ or http://www.channelsurfing.net/ and they happen to have the game, I suppose you could theoretically watch that. Of course, I am not suggesting that, as this is a theoretical exercise.

It'll be fun to watch a game with no stress, considering we are virtually eliminated from playoff contention.

you call that fun? I bet you enjoy preseason games too. :bravo:

That said, I'm hoping to walk out of the stadium in a good mood.

I'm ready for the game. The Texans are only going to be on TV four more time until the dreaded offseason. I'm glad there are some Sundays left to still watch them.

Same here Thorn. I was telling my Dad the other day about how I had waited the whole offseason to watch this team, and after last week, the offseason started. As you said though, I'm gonna enjoy watching these last four games, because its gonna be a looooong time till I can say theres Texans football to watch. :fans: :texflag:

This game is interesting, because we play the same team that destroyed
Jacksonville 41-0. The Texans have a habit of dropping their guards to teams
with crappy records. We'll see what they do.

Did the Chronicle have to put a picture of David Carr up today?
The Chronic hates Texan fans. Thanks for saving me a trip to their web site. Not that it would have anything worthwhile, anyway.

What do you guys think about JJ's chances for a big game today? First round of the ff playoffs and I'm desperate for some production at receiver due to injuries to Mike Sims-Walker and Devin Hester.

Despite Kubiak's stubborn refusal to get him more involved in the vertical passing game, Jacoby Jones has actually put up some decent numbers in fantasy because my league rewards points for kickoff and punt return yardage, along with receptions. He's posted double-digit fantasy games six times this season, but he's also had a couple of stinkers. Can I risk starting him today as my WR3? How do y'all think the game will play out? Is Kubiak going to try and run the ball more with Foster and Moats, thereby limiting Jacoby in the passing game even more, or will they take some deep shots down the field?

Will the Seahawks score enough to generate kickoff opportunities for Jacoby?

Will the Texans D force enough punts that he might have a chance to break a long one?

It's stunning to see Reliant under such thick fog. I sure wish the roof were open. It'd be spectacular to see fog on the field. We're playing for entertainment value here, folks. Give me my money's worth. Win.

What do you guys think about JJ's chances for a big game today? First round of the ff playoffs and I'm desperate for some production at receiver due to injuries to Mike Sims-Walker and Devin Hester.

Despite Kubiak's stubborn refusal to get him more involved in the vertical passing game, Jacoby Jones has actually put up some decent numbers in fantasy because my league rewards points for kickoff and punt return yardage, along with receptions. He's posted double-digit fantasy games six times this season, but he's also had a couple of stinkers. Can I risk starting him today as my WR3? How do y'all think the game will play out? Is Kubiak going to try and run the ball more with Foster and Moats, thereby limiting Jacoby in the passing game even more, or will they take some deep shots down the field?

Will the Texans D force enough punts that he might have a chance to break a long one?

This is where the "We lost OD, so we can't score." argument falls on its
face. Kubiak flat out refuses to use every weapon he has. If Slaton
or Moats has a hot hand, Chris Brown will tote the rock more because
he BLOCKS better.

Kubiak = Jeff Van Gundy

Jeff left Aaron Brooks on the bench, because he had a man crush on Rafer.
Kubiak plays the same level of favorites. You notice the Rockets are
playing better under Adelman without any superstars whatsoever? Coaching
is the difference between mediocre and champion.

This is where the "We lost OD, so we can't score." argument falls on its
face. Kubiak flat out refuses to use every weapon he has. If Slaton
or Moats has a hot hand, Chris Brown will tote the rock more because
he BLOCKS better.

Kubiak = Jeff Van Gundy

Jeff left Aaron Brooks on the bench, because he had a man crush on Rafer.
Kubiak plays the same level of favorites. You notice the Rockets are
playing better under Adelman without any superstars whatsoever? Coaching
is the difference between mediocre and champion.

All that said...

Here's to a good game.
:texans:

good morning texans
since i live in dallas south... i mean austin no texans for me today
any local texans fans meeting up in SOUTH austin?

good morning texans
since i live in dallas south... i mean austin no texans for me today
any local texans fans meeting up in SOUTH austin?

I found this stream, not sure how well it will work. You can give it a try though. Its offline right now, but come 12:00 it will be up.

Stream

I'm hoping for the same thing... Percy Harvin not playing took me by surprise. So I checked Free Agency and I'm taking a flyer on JJ. I hope he has a big game... should at least have alot of PR opporunities.

Back