Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 13 Around the NFL

Before getting hurt, Jimmy G threw 4 passes and because he started the game, probably gets the win. Somehow, it will be turned into another Jimmy G, clutch performance and he wins games.
Man the hate runs deep.

I understand why you would feel this way after watching your guy Derrick stink up NRG today

This year’s 49ers team reminds me of that talented 2011 Texans team. Absolutely loaded roster that is Super Bowl caliber. But they are now down to a 3rd string rookie QB for the stretch run. How far can they go with Brock Purdy (This year’s Mr. Irrelevant) at QB?
Prior to yesterday's game, the 49ers defense didn't allow a 2nd half score in three consecutive games and the defense is now healthy. With the 3rd string rookie QB, the defense and running game will have to carry them. In other words, business as usual.

This year’s 49ers team reminds me of that talented 2011 Texans team. Absolutely loaded roster that is Super Bowl caliber. But they are now down to a 3rd string rookie QB for the stretch run. How far can they go with Brock Purdy (This year’s Mr. Irrelevant) at QB?

A very mediocre QB in a good system can look good.

A very excellent QB in a poor system can look poor.

Which is why some of us argue against taking a QB in the top of the 1st round next year.

No hate. It reminded me of a typical Jimmy G win. The QB get credited with a win while barely contributing to the win.
Jimmy G kinda reminds me of Joe M who also was not a very talented passer but was cool in the clutch and seemed to have the necessary intangibles needed for being a good leader.
But his season-ending injury is the best Christmas gift the others in the NFC like the Eagles & Cowboys could have received over the weekend.

A very mediocre QB in a good system can look good.

A very excellent QB in a poor system can look poor.

Which is why some of us argue against taking a QB in the top of the 1st round next year.
Exactly

Jimmy G has looked good in the EP system and in the West Coast system.

Because of this injury I think he 49ers let him walk this off-season.

Like the comments about my Bengals. My son and I went down to the game and despite being a little chilly, we had a blast. What a game !!!
I don't care about comparables or who someone thinks is the best QB in the league. I'm just happy we have Joe Burrow.
Chiefs fans were complaining about the refs and how they gave the game to the Bengals. Ok, believe that if it makes you happy.
Fact is, we have beat them 3 times in a row now and left points on the field. 4th and 1 miss (great defensive play) and a TD drop by Boyd.
My Bengals might not have been the best team all season long, but they are playing like it now when it matters the most.

I can tell you first hand that I am thankful for a few things as a Bengals fan...
- We sucked at the right time, resulting in being able to draft Burrow and him not busting.
- Burrow got hurt his rookie season, resulting is us sucking again and being able to draft Chase and him not busting.
- The front office turning most operating procedures over to Mike Brown's daughter, resulting in above average free agents coming to town.

It's not enough to simply tank for the top pick. There has to be a player worth taking and you have to hope he's not a bust.
One huge crap shoot, that we are LUCKY worked out well for us. Changed the whole direction of the organization.

He won a superbowl or did I miss something?
He won a NFCCG by completing 6 of 8 passes for 77 yards and the 49ers still won the game 37-20. Think about that. In a Super Bowl run. A QB threw for 130 yards in the divisional round and completed six passes in a championship game and he gets credited like he's this clutch, playoff winner.

Don't get me wrong. He deserves credit for being a part of those teams and he has contributed. I just think his contributions are overrated by some fans.

There’s rumors out there about them picking up Baker off of waivers.

Back