Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 12 -Miami Fish Fry the Texans

Do you think it was a “semi respectable loss”?

read the context of my post. It doesn’t make you “smart” that you didn’t watch it. Just less invested.

right now this team needs fans that are invested.

You're not wrong but that hasn't been me for literally years. Bill O'Brien pretty much managed to kill off my entire love of football and it hasn't come back. I just kind of lurk around the edges hoping something interesting will happen but I can only name like 5-6 players on the team right now. Maybe if it was really, really important I could come up with 8. Coaches I only know because Lovie is a retread from the Cretaceous era and the OC is named "Pep" which is short enough for almost anyone to remember. Both of them sucking so bad makes it hard to forget them. Invested is the last thing I am.

At one point, he also completed 14 consecutive passes. At the end of the day, it wasn't good enough. He threw two terrible INTs. However, for a guy starting his first NFL game since 2020, after the shaky first quarter. When he had time, he did seem more decisive.
Hey add with very limited practice with the ones. But I knew those few would go there because their little homie was benched.

So I turned off after an hour to watch Spain vs Germany and from the box score it seems like Kyle Allen improved somewhat as the game went on. That said, the entire 2nd half must be considered garbage time due to the lead Miami had.
Interesting that Dare Ogunbowale seems to have been favoured over Pierce this game also, dunno if Pierce was in on the opening play but I saw Dare got the first carry so I’m assuming something has gone on there and he’s lost the start?

Hey add with very limited practice with the ones. But I knew those few would go there because their little homie was benched.
I'm not getting the effort in tearing Allen down to make a case for Mills to keep starting. Mills leads the NFL in bad throws. Allen made two bad INTs. Mills led the offense to 5 yards of total offense. Allen led them to 35 yards. Seems like a debate over the different wings of the same turkey.

All things being equal, they're still equal.. they both aren't the answer. Don't turn into what you were arguing against. Neither one is the answer and Lovie put it best.. We're all searching for answers.
Of course they’re not the answer. We all knew that way before the season started. I was hopeful that Mills would have continued to grow. Unfortunately, he regressed.

Seems like a debate over the different wings of the same turkey.

This.

Look at the Jets. Back up QB comes in and looks good.

Goes back to the Stingley vs Sauce debate.

The Texans are a team void of talent and playmakers. Blame OB and Easterby playing the role of the GM.

If we had a better team this QB benching might yield results.

But as many has said, even if you put Mahomes out there it would be lipstick on a pig. A couple more wins but still be a bad team.

Both Mills and Allen are back up QBs starting for a bad team.

However, let’s do this same thing next year.

#1 all the way!

But as many has said, even if you put Mahomes out there it would be lipstick on a pig. A couple more wins but still be a bad team.
So..... what you're saying is we are doing it wrong?

What we should be debating is the position of RB.

Then we can say "We could have Henry out there and it would be like lipstick on a pig."

That sounds like an irresistible incentive for the Titans to make a trade.

I don't believe KC would be enticed by such an offer but I've only been to St. Louis.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
What is the worst record that the Texans ever had pending 6-7 more games to play?

2-9 through 11

2-9 through 11

1-10 through 11

2-9 through 11

2-9 through 11

1-10 through 11

Thanks
2-14 2005
2-14 2013
4-13 2011
and present 1-9-1

Just because I want to spread some holiday cheer, unless the Texans win 4 games (lol) out of the last six, the Texans will finish 4 of the last 6 seasons with 4 or fewer wins.

In order, we got the Watsons, Cowgirls, Chiefs, and three division games. There is no way we can get two more wins out of that. I would be completely astonished if we don't end up with the 1st pick.

Address the problem with draft picks and have a better option to get the player you want by having the worst record.

Trust the process.
For the most part I agree, but there are a lot of hungry talented young'ns out there busted with their first team & ready to recommit to the game.

Diamonds in the rough no doubt, but we only have so many draft picks. It's nice, I think, to have a Cashman or Quessenberry to remind them what nfl really stands for

I slept through the game, and haven't seen one highlight. I saw the score and my guess just based on the past 5yrs was the the game wasn't as close as the final score. In true Texan fashion I am assuming they scored those 15 pts in garbage time when the Dolphins were playing prevent defense.

I slept through the game, and haven't seen one highlight. I saw the score and my guess just based on the past 5yrs was the the game wasn't as close as the final score. In true Texan fashion I am assuming they scored those 15 pts in garbage time when the Dolphins were playing prevent defense.
The Texans made a yeoman’s effort in the 2nd half. They sacked Tua several times and he was pulled fearing injury. Kyle Allen had like 12 completions in a row at one point including a beautiful pass to Cooks for a big gain.

In order, we got the Watsons, Cowgirls, Chiefs, and three division games. There is no way we can get two more wins out of that. I would be completely astonished if we don't end up with the 1st pick.
Well...... I would agree, but we face the teams that led to a tie and the one win we have says it's "possible" however I would agree "not probable".

The Texans made a yeoman’s effort in the 2nd half. They sacked Tua several times and he was pulled fearing injury. Kyle Allen had like 12 completions in a row at one point including a beautiful pass to Cooks for a big gain.
This the first game action Allen has had in a year and he's taken very few of the snaps at practice which is usually the case with the non starting QBs on the roster.
In other words Allen has lots of rust to knock off before he starts to regain any of his old form, so today was important to getting back on his feet.

Last I heard Texans have 10 draft picks as of now. Sure why not get a QB still have 9 more. Now if it were just a pick each round or after the first 2 rounds then QB not so much. I think last few years the draft picks have been scanty but this time around 10 maybe even more later. They have a lot of choosin for many positions no?

I'm working a thread title for next week, something like Brown Mierda in Houston. :D
Keep it clean Thorn. This place should be family friendly
Keep it simple. Call it Week 13: The Purge Week

I think many posters will find it cathartic to express/purge any opinions or feelings they have about Watson. For example, no one is going to get any pushback for crude, anus or pervert jokes. You have a seven-day license to post whatever thoughts you held in the recesses of your mind and no one will disagree. It will be a very cathartic week for many. Hence the thread title.

What has happened to the run game?

Even with Pierce among the leading rushers in the league, the run game as a whole was about 26th or so.

As for Pierce in particular, he's at 180 carries now, 74 more than he's ever had in a season. I'm wondering if maybe he isn't hitting a rookie wall. Yes, I'm well aware there's more to the run game, OL blocking for example, but that still doesn't ease my concerns. Maybe it's nothing, maybe it is. Never know with this organization.

Keep it simple. Call it Week 13: The Purge Week

I think many posters will find it cathartic to express/purge any opinions or feelings they have about Watson. For example, no one is going to get any pushback for crude, anus or pervert jokes. You have a seven-day license to post whatever thoughts you held in the recesses of your mind and no one will disagree. It will be a very cathartic week for many. Hence the thread title.

I got nothing good to say about next week's "situation". I'll let someone more civil than me do the thread. It doesn't matter what happens next week, I'm not going to like it. :lol:

Back