Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 11 @ Houston North

Number19

Hall of Fame
Is he going to have to worry about facing Hutchinson or Stingley?

I still think this is a 4 win team.
I had 3 going into the season.
Dang, are we going down this road? During the game I checked my prediction and had us at 6 - 8 wins.

Going out on a limb, yes definitely 4 wins, but, quite possibly, 6 wins. Maybe 1 more.

Jets, Seahawks, Jags and at least one more between Colts at Reliant and Titans at Reliant.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Dang, are we going down this road? During the game I checked my prediction and had us at 6 - 8 wins.

Going out on a limb, yes definitely 4 wins, but, quite possibly, 6 wins. Maybe 1 more.

Jets, Seahawks, Jags and at least one more between Colts at Reliant and Titans at Reliant.
Pre season, I had us at 5 wins. Now, I say we win one more game.

But imo, the more wins the better.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

I dont see them beating the Titans or the Colts, unless the Titans have their playoff seed sewed up.

Still think the Seahawks will beat them. Remember this last week many here thought they were the worst team in the league.

Number19

Hall of Fame
I dont see them beating the Titans or the Colts, unless the Titans have their playoff seed sewed up.

Still think the Seahawks will beat them. Remember this last week many here thought they were the worst team in the league.
The season, and our won-loss record, has played out pretty much as expected. We knew going into the season that the first half of the season was against the stronger teams. This last half are against the teams we expected the Texans to play on more equal terms. These games should be more entertaining for the fans. And we'll see how our record ends up.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Since when is 143 yards passing, 1TD, 1 INT very good?

It was their D that harrassed Stafford all day, leading to 2 easy TDs for the Titans and then some stupid penalties by the Rams that gave the game to the Titans.
If you look at the numbers they say one thing. If you watched the game his play told you something else. He ran for a TD. Made plays on 3rd down to extend drives in the 1st half and showed great leadership qualities. They basically sat on the ball and ran out the clock in the 2nd half getting a big lead in the 1st half.

Once again numbers lie.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
The Titans are a one horse team, and their horse is on injured reserve. They will continue to struggle without him.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
If you look at the numbers they say one thing. If you watched the game his play told you something else. He ran for a TD. Made plays on 3rd down to extend drives in the 1st half and showed great leadership qualities. They basically sat on the ball and ran out the clock in the 2nd half getting a big lead in the 1st half.

Once again numbers lie.
Oh I watched the game alright.
Their Defense was the main reason the Titans won.
They gave the offense short field with the INTs.
They harrassed Stafford all day.
When Tannehill ran for the TD, it was because of the play call that left the whole right side open, DJ could have made it easily.
You could say Tannehill played a small part in it, but by no mean he was "VERY GOOD".
That's an disingenious statement.

CWTexansFan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor's Club
I'm sure he meant their offense.
The Titans still has an opportunistic defense... and they got some help from the refs.
Why I called the NFL an entertainment show just like wrestling.
And what's up with the clock keeper in Tennessee? They didn't start the game clock until the play was almost over. It was towards the end of game I believe. Gave Tennessee an extra 6 and a half seconds. Looks like you're right.

beerlover

Hall of Fame

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I'm sure he meant their offense.
The Titans still has an opportunistic defense... and they got some help from the refs.
Why I called the NFL an entertainment show just like wrestling.
The NFL is turning more like wrestling everyday.

The refs in Wrestling and the Refs in the NFL are comparable.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Oh I watched the game alright.
Their Defense was the main reason the Titans won.
They gave the offense short field with the INTs.
They harrassed Stafford all day.
When Tannehill ran for the TD, it was because of the play call that left the whole right side open, DJ could have made it easily.
You could say Tannehill played a small part in it, but by no mean he was "VERY GOOD".
That's an disingenious statement.
LMAO

They just beat the Rams/Saints/Colts without Henry.

But it was all the defense and Tannehill sucks.

You dont really understand how numbers dont always translate into wins, or why this is so.

Last edited:
Reactions: JB

76Texan

Hall of Fame
LMAO

They just beat the Rams/Saints/Colts without Henry.

But it was all the defense and Tannehill sucks.

You dont really understand how numbers dont always translate into wins, or why this is so.
Did I say Tannehill suck in those games?
No, I didn't.

But like I said, 143 yards in the Rams game isn't "VERY GOOD".

Neither is 3-12 in third down conversion in the Saints game.
He was bailed out by the ref when he threw an INT in the end zone.
The blatant call was one thing; the fact remains that he made a bad throw and was bailed out by the official.
You mistake luck with ability.
The refs won that game for the Titans.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
God, I hope that Caserio doesn't draft in this direction.

Fix the OL/DL and add secondary help.

Not high on Catalon
At this point they’re just going off needs. Personally I have no idea this early but have watched Matt Corral and definitely looks the part of starting (system) QB. Could also use more defensive players, Edge, Tackle & DB. They will also need to upgrade RB.

Last edited:

Toro Bravo

Rookie
Mark these drugs words, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth for the players that could've been drafted by the Texans but were lost because of a useless win in Tennessee.
It's not where you pick near as much as who you pick. And the Texans don't have a great track record with the first overall pick. I want to win as many games as possible this year.
I agree that we should focus on the line on both sides of the ball.
Think how much better both the offense and defense would be this year with just 1 elite lineman on each side.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
It's not where you pick near as much as who you pick. And the Texans don't have a great track record with the first overall pick. I want to win as many games as possible this year.
Think how much better both the offense and defense would be this year with just 1 elite lineman on each side.
Agreed. If Texans have the #1 overall chances are they’ll pick the wrong guy again. A good player, but not a game changer.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
There's a new GM, just because past GM' have sucked doesn't mean this GM will.

Agreed about fixing the ol/dl.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Thinking of this. The Texans had the #1 overall pick three times and not one of those picks got a contract extension or second contract from the team. I wonder if any other team have similar results with their #1 pick.
Cleveland, though theirs was mostly due to injury not suckitude