Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 1 Start 'em/Sit 'em

playa465

Veteran
Thought it would be cool to start one thread each week instead of a bunch of different ones.

For me I have questionable WR2 choices in 2 different leagues:

WR2: Eric Decker (Jets vs Oak) or Terrance Williams (Dal vs 49ers)

WR2: Keenan Allen or Michael Floyd at WR2 (Chargers vs Cards)

thoughts...

Thought it would be cool to start one thread each week instead of a bunch of different ones.

For me I have questionable WR2 choices in 2 different leagues:

WR2: Eric Decker (Jets vs Oak) or Terrance Williams (Dal vs 49ers)

WR2: Keenan Allen or Michael Floyd at WR2 (Chargers vs Cards)

thoughts...

I like Terrence Williams over Eric Decker & Allen over Floyd.

I like Allen over Floyd as well, but I like Decker better because of the matchup. Although, the 49ers D is missing a little bit right now, so maybe it's not as tough as I'm thinking.

What do y'all think of this? I have to play 4 WRs. My #1 guy is Alshon Jeffery, and he's not moving. I have to pick three other guys from:

Torrey Smith vs. CIN: Has never done well against CIN, and has a history of being very boom or bust. But now he's the #1 WR and Kubiak is the OC. Not sure what to think.

Reggie Wayne vs. DEN: Coming off a knee injury, but looks to be back healthy. Getting a little older, but still skilled. Game has a chance to become a shootout.

Golden Tate vs. NYG: Has Stafford at QB and CJ pulling coverage away. NYG defense is not all that. But he's a #2 WR. Had great YAC numbers last year.

DeAndre Hopkins vs. WAS: #2 guy, catches everything thrown his way, but QB situation sucks. Y'all know the deal here.

I like Allen over Floyd as well, but I like Decker better because of the matchup. Although, the 49ers D is missing a little bit right now, so maybe it's not as tough as I'm thinking. I'm a lil leery of Allen going up against Patrick Peterson

What do y'all think of this? I have to play 4 WRs. My #1 guy is Alshon Jeffery, and he's not moving. I have to pick three other guys from:

Torrey Smith vs. CIN: Has never done well against CIN, and has a history of being very boom or bust. But now he's the #1 WR and Kubiak is the OC. Not sure what to think. Just b/c he has a better QB than Nuk, I'd choose him

Reggie Wayne vs. DEN: Coming off a knee injury, but looks to be back healthy. Getting a little older, but still skilled. Game has a chance to become a shootout. I'd play Wayne as this may be a shootout and they will want him to get back into the swing of things

Golden Tate vs. NYG: Has Stafford at QB and CJ pulling coverage away. NYG defense is not all that. But he's a #2 WR. Had great YAC numbers last year. I like the match-up as he should have room to work opposite CJ

DeAndre Hopkins vs. WAS: #2 guy, catches everything thrown his way, but QB situation sucks. Y'all know the deal here.

See bold

WTF @ Jamaal Charles. Seriously, WTF.

Matt Ryan, Maclin, and Antonio Brown are giving me a fighting chance to win, but the rest of my team (Jamaal Charles, Maurice JD, Justin Tucker, Jordan Cameron) completely took a dump. Seattle D was okay with 8 points.

Doug Martin is all that's left on my team to play. I'm hoping for a monster game from him to give me some breathing room since the opponent has Demaryius Thomas and Julius Thomas.

WTF @ Jamaal Charles. Seriously, WTF.

Matt Ryan, Maclin, and Antonio Brown are giving me a fighting chance to win, but the rest of my team (Jamaal Charles, Maurice JD, Justin Tucker, Jordan Cameron) completely took a dump. Seattle D was okay with 8 points.

Doug Martin is all that's left on my team to play. I'm hoping for a monster game from him to give me some breathing room since the opponent has Demaryius Thomas and Julius Thomas.

I'm guessing that didn't work out too well for ya!

I'm guessing that didn't work out too well for ya!

... :swatter:

I'm hoping Charles will be fed the ball more. Cameron looks to be injured, so I'm picking up a TE just in case. Doug Martin is also injured, so I may replace him with Terrance West. MJD has been swapped out for Chris Ivory, who is a stop gap because I am fairly sure I will acquire who I want off waivers.

More or less I just need Charles to perform like the back he is and I'll be good. If he underperforms my team will be hinging on an iffy RB2 and flex option.

Back