Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

We need to go 3-3 next 6

I'm looking at 11-5. We're healthy and things are coming together. I expect to win 3 of the next 4. We aren't outclassed in any of these games. If the team plays the way it has since the 2nd quarter of the Tennessee game, we are going to do very well. I know we struggled vs. the Jags but simple lineup changes and the return of guys like Reeves and Eugene Wilson will take care of those...cough.... (Fred Bennett)... problems.

I just genuinely think this team is getting really good. If Okoye plays like he has the past two weeks, our DL rotation with Cody and Robinson is adequate. Our DEs are quite good and our LB corp is playing great. Dunta is losing his rust. Quin looks pretty good. Reeves is back. Eugene Wilson is back. Pollard can hit and tackle... Heck, even Dominique Barber seemed to have a clue last week. And, offensively, Slaton is looking better and Schaub is on his way to a career year and a probable probowl. And, the team is healthy.

This team could lose or win any game that remains. But, I think only the game @Indy and possibly the game vs. NE are uphill battles for this team. In addition, I think Cincinnati, Buffalo, SF, Seattle, St. Louis are all teams that don't match up to us talent-wise... Of course we could lose to them but we can also win with less than our best performance. So, finishing the season 9-3 seems likely to me even though I here a voice in my head that says God doesn't like me enough to allow that to happen.

I think we can be 6-4 heading into the home indy game in which case i never really know what's going to happen there. Let's say we lose that game and are sitting at 6-5.

@Jax: W- we're gonna steal this one from them like they stole one from us.
Seattle:W-we usually always have it pretty well put together at home during these months of the season, can't see how we lose.
@St Louis: W-they're the Rams.
@Miami: L- a winnable game, but it gets away from us.
New England: W-we're hoping by this point they have nothing to play for and we squeak out a win against their scrubs.

Leaves us at 10-6. Everyone is happy in Houston.

Just noticed how many responses I got to this original post. I am not seeking mediocrity, I believe we are a mediocre team with mediocre coaching at best. My theory was that 3-3 would be about as good as we could do and maybe by that time we could get some confidence in spite of it all and go on a run and slip into the playoffs. We have been a team just going through the motions for years.

Back