Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Watson’s agent responds to rumors

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
Probably got a agreement worked out that as long as Watson stays quiet and doesn't torpedo his trade value, they'll move him. Nonetheless, I still fully expect the Texans to continue to FUBAR the whole situation..

Mr. White

Retired OLine Coach
What the organization leaking this?
I'm talking about what NC said at the press conference when he said they had "no interest in trading the player." Now the agent's trying to kill the rumors too.

I'm just saying that it's possible that they want to stop talking about trades so they can actually start working on trades.

djohn2oo8

All Pro
I'm talking about what NC said at the press conference when he said they had "no interest in trading the player." Now the agent's trying to kill the rumors too.

I'm just saying that it's possible that they want to stop talking about trades so they can actually start working on trades.
The thing though, is if Watson did actually hold out it wouldn’t really kill his value. Because it’s the Texans

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
But what would make his agent finally come out and dispute something
Because teams don’t want a player that will hold them ransom by sitting out? Bad look for everyone involved: player, agent, team.

I am sure the Texans have a price point that won’t budge on. And if teams are expecting for Watson to sit out then they could wait until then and try to low ball the Texans then a deal doesn’t get done. I assume they all want a trade before the draft and don’t want to go into training camp together.

But what do I know? More than a glorified preacher and clown owner.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
DM is responding to Sileo’s report saying that Watson won’t report to team activities. DM is saying that is false
To clarify, he’s only saying that Watson has informed the team is false.

Whether Watson will or won’t is yet to be seen. He informed the Texans he wants a trade.

informing them he will not attend is another step they have not elected to use... yet

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
Timing is interesting. Texans make a positive move that will please a majority of the fans (firing Devlin). Watson’s agent makes a comment to create more Watson discussion.

I agree that it’s interesting timing and that he chooses Sileo of all people to respond to with so much already publicly put out there by others.

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
Watson cant stay now.

It has gone too far.

I for one as a fan, dont even want him here anymore.

It is like Harden ... if they dont want to be here ... **** em.
Point me to a direct quote by Watson or his agent that it’s gone too far? He’s played a very clever game of plausible deniability. He has the platform to tell the world exactly how he feels in Twitter, yet all we get are cryptic rap lyrics.

Something has convinced the talking heads that he’s going, but Watson has yet to speak publicly against the team. Same goes for his agent. It certainly hasn’t gone too far yet. And I’d be careful what you wish for as a fan because Watson is able to hang with the best of them, odds are whoever replaces him won’t be as good.

whiteboy

Practice Squad
Point me to a direct quote by Watson or his agent that it’s gone too far? He’s played a very clever game of plausible deniability. He has the platform to tell the world exactly how he feels in Twitter, yet all we get are cryptic rap lyrics.

Something has convinced the talking heads that he’s going, but Watson has yet to speak publicly against the team. Same goes for his agent. It certainly hasn’t gone too far yet. And I’d be careful what you wish for as a fan because Watson is able to hang with the best of them, odds are whoever replaces him won’t be as good.
I'm not pointing you to ****, just giving you my opinion.

If I owned the business that is the Houston Texans ... Watson never plays another down for the team.

His can take his little crybaby sulking act down the road.

Not even man enough to address the issue head-on, but has no problem quoting stupid rap lyrics.

Bye Felicia ...

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
He’s just trying to keep the tide from turning on his client is all. We still have 3 months before the draft, 4-5 months before any offseason stuff begins. Right now the fan base is clinging to the slim chance that things can be worked out. If DW4 came out and said that now, I think the fan base would really start to turn on his client by the time draft day comes.

whiteboy

Practice Squad
He’s just trying to keep the tide from turning on his client is all. We still have 3 months before the draft, 4-5 months before any offseason stuff begins. Right now the fan base is clinging to the slim chance that things can be worked out. If DW4 came out and said that now, I think the fan base would really start to turn on his client by the time draft day comes.
I feel just the opposite.

If DW came out and said "I am leaving because stupid ass Esterby is a jerk, and texting peoples moms"", then the fans would agree and wish him well.

The longer he remains silent, the more fans will turn on him.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
This I agree with .... Tell us what your beef is. If its legit the fans will back him,
Exactly. And it started with the "some things never change" remark that was later deleted.

He either has:
1- Issue with Cal
2- Issue with Easterby (take a number)
3- Issue with Easterby and Cal
4- Issue with the GM
5- Issue with not having his GM he wanted. This one is stupid seeing they have been after Nick since Bob McNair was alive. And got tampering charges last year over him. To say he didn't know is an excuse not a fact.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
This I agree with .... Tell us what your beef is. If its legit the fans will back him,
We pretty much already know what his beef is and here we are not even a full month into it. It’s a daily topic on the talking idiots shows, every Texans press conference is dominated with Watson questions..again we’re a little under a month in.

Can’t imagine 4-6 months more of the media and Twitter bots stoking the fires to this and the more they keep doing it, the more people will get tired of hearing about it and him and they’ll eventually turn on him like “we get it you’re not happy be quiet already”. His agent is just trying to kill some of the rumors being spout by the idiots so that things can calm down.

badboy

Hall of Fame
We pretty much already know what his beef is and here we are not even a full month into it. It’s a daily topic on the talking idiots shows, every Texans press conference is dominated with Watson questions..again we’re a little under a month in.

Can’t imagine 4-6 months more of the media and Twitter bots stoking the fires to this and the more they keep doing it, the more people will get tired of hearing about it and him and they’ll eventually turn on him like “we get it you’re not happy be quiet already”. His agent is just trying to kill some of the rumors being spout by the idiots so that things can calm down.
David Mulugheta, needs to have his 'preferred' team bring the offer Texans want and get it over. A fast deal has to benefit him as well as the teams.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
David Mulugheta, needs to have his 'preferred' team bring the offer Texans want and get it over. A fast deal has to benefit him as well as the teams.

Tell him you will trade DW4 to his preferred destination if Mulugheta can talk xyz team into getting said team into giving Caserio what he wants in said trade.

Otherwise DW4 stays in Houston.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Yep, off-season hasn't even started yet

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Tell him you will trade DW4 to his preferred destination if Mulugheta can talk xyz team into getting said team into giving Caserio what he wants in said trade.

This is the only real brightside IMO.

We have a hot commodity in Watson and a new GM. We will get to see did we get a competent-great GM, or more of the same.

IF we dont do to some team, what the Dolphins did to us.... Im done. NC will have shown that he is little more than Bill O'Brien 2.0 at GM.

IF he DOES do to them as the Dolphins did to us, its possible he turns a painfuply long rebuild into a slightly shorter one.. and thats a reason for hope.

IMO we are in a horrible position, but its generally the worst of circumstances that expose who people are. Does Caserio come out shining like a diamond or crumble to dust? I hate the drama, but at least we will see what we got early.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member

Do we really know or are we making assumptions based off of cryptic tweets.

The blow up happened when they hired a GM that he didn't approve of .... and the guy they hired has a resume that is far more impressive than one of the Korn Ferry finalists who's been out of the league for 8 years and could be argued is superior to the second and at least the equal of.
There's one obvious difference.

Maverick

Failure is not an option
He has said it's not the GM or the Coach, no? It's Eaterby and Cal. I still can't fathom the fact that McNair is blind to the dire situation he's in. If he loves and needs easterby so much, remove him from the front office position, and put him on his private payroll. In addition, if Cal is well aware of Easterby's actions and both embraces and encourages its, he gets everything that's gonna come his way. And that pic of Cal and Hannah at the Bears game, where they are bored to death, will become the norm.

Exactly. And it started with the "some things never change" remark that was later deleted.

He either has:
1- Issue with Cal
2- Issue with Easterby (take a number)
3- Issue with Easterby and Cal
4- Issue with the GM
5- Issue with not having his GM he wanted. This one is stupid seeing they have been after Nick since Bob McNair was alive. And got tampering charges last year over him. To say he didn't know is an excuse not a fact.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
This is the only real brightside IMO.

We have a hot commodity in Watson and a new GM. We will get to see did we get a competent-great GM, or more of the same.

IF we dont do to some team, what the Dolphins did to us.... Im done. NC will have shown that he is little more than Bill O'Brien 2.0 at GM.

IF he DOES do to them as the Dolphins did to us, its possible he turns a painfuply long rebuild into a slightly shorter one.. and thats a reason for hope.

IMO we are in a horrible position, but its generally the worst of circumstances that expose who people are. Does Caserio come out shining like a diamond or crumble to dust? I hate the drama, but at least we will see what we got early.
Agreed, what would you're value for DW4 be?

Mine would be pick 2/18/34 and 2022 1st/2nd or drop a 1st and give me Quinnen Williams.

If I had to give back a 2022 3rd to make this happen I would. You're getting the equivalent of four 1st's for DW4 and a 2022 3rd.

If they do this and hit on those picks then I dont think the rebuild will be as long as you think it will be.

If

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Agreed, what would you're value for DW4 be?

Mine would be pick 2/18/34 and 2022 1st/2nd or drop a 1st and give me Quinnen Williams.

If I had to give back a 2022 3rd to make this happen I would. You're getting the equivalent of four 1st's for DW4 and a 2022 3rd.

If they do this and hit on those picks then I dont think the rebuild will be as long as you think it will be.

If
Personally I don't want a player, any player, from any of these teams I just want picks. All these various players are good no doubt but they are lone players in a sea of bad players and unknown rookies. If you add the cap situation we are in we can get more picks, which equals more rookie contracts, which equals more cap space later on if we do want to pick up some F/As. Superstar players want to be paid like superstar players and if we do drop Watson's and even Watt's contract but then turn around and pay another high dollar contract that's a zero sum game. Now if we turn right around and trade that player for more picks then you might have a deal.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Personally I don't want a player, any player, from any of these teams I just want picks. All these various players are good no doubt but they are lone players in a sea of bad players and unknown rookies. If you add the cap situation we are in we can get more picks, which equals more rookie contracts, which equals more cap space later on if we do want to pick up some F/As. Superstar players want to be paid like superstar players and if we do drop Watson's and even Watt's contract but then turn around and pay another high dollar contract that's a zero sum game. Now if we turn right around and trade that player for more picks then you might have a deal.
Except Williams played great last yr as a rookie and is on his rookie deal. He's also a perfect fit for Lovie's defense.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

If DW4 is gonna be traded, SteelB tell us the deal you want ?
Are you interested in only maximizing high picks and/or is there a QB on one of these teams (Jets, Phins, 49ers, Cards, etc.) that you want thrown in as part of the package for DW4 ?