Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Watch games?

vtech9

All Pro
I no longer have cable TV. Is there a free streaming service where the games will be? Retired and on a limited income.
dofusports live streaming app. You will miss part of the game when streams get reported, and closed, but you just have to refresh and try a different stream. They usually have 3 or 4 different streams for each game, and when one goes down, they will get a new one up after a few minutes. I don't have cable, so this is my only way to watch the games.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
I no longer have cable TV. Is there a free streaming service where the games will be? Retired and on a limited income.
I will most likely cancel my Dish subscription soon. Inflation and crashing stock market are depleting my meager savings.
Had to draw from savings last two months to meet obligations. Sure I am not alone in this cluster economy.
Antenna not much use here in the boonies. Using Dish internet, guess that will go too. Tired of paying to watch junk on tv anyway.

:coffee:

wildroot

Rookie
Most of the games are on CBS which can be watched with a $10 antenna from Walmart.
There are 1 or 2 on Amazon Prime and a couple on Fox (also can be seen with an antenna)
Most internet TV have deals where you can sign up and get a week or two for free. Watch the game and then cancel the free subscription.

Porky

Hall of Fame
Will that antenna work in Atascocita/ Humble area?
A $10 antenna is crap. all due respect - don't take that advice. I've had major cable/internet issues off and on and live in the Woodlands. I've tried numerous (like 5-6) indoor type antenna's from $20 to $80 as a backup to my cable. The best interior one hands down is $50 at Wal-Mart. But you need to get it to a window with a clear unobstructed view, preferably toward the south or SW for best results. It's this one from Clear Stream. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Antennas-Direct-ClearStream-Eclipse-Amplified-Indoor-HDTV-Antenna-Reversible-Multi-Directional-50-Mile-Range-UHD-4K-NEXTGEN-TV-Ready-Black-White-ECLI/882763131

I really like that the coax cable on it is removable. You want to use a HQ coax cable - something nice and thick. It comes with a 12 ft, but you can get a longer cable if needed. The picture off of that antenna is amazing on my 75" 4K Samsung and I get all the channels and some I didn't even know I could get. I even get the Bryan/CS CBS station crystal clear. I think it's actually a 4K picture as it's truly amazing. The picture is so good that I'm going to watch the games off of the HD antenna instead of the Xfinity cable I have.

austins23

Hall of Fame
Three people on this location were able to watch all of the games last season with that app. My best bud used it last season as well and was able to watch the games on his phone.
The NFL APP is only gonna show you live, LOCAL games. So a fella living in Ohio ain’t gettin Texans/Colts at noon on the app. He’ll get whatever game is on at noon in that local affiliate

that’s the way I understand it

vtech9

All Pro
The NFL+ app cost $5.99 with ads and $9.99 without ads. You can watch all of the games from there.
I just checked the reviews for NFL+, and they are horrible. Apparently, before it became a paid app, the service and dependability were better. According to the reviews, the app constantly crashes, and generally just doesn't work.

Reactions: JB

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Three people on this location were able to watch all of the games last season with that app. My best bud used it last season as well and was able to watch the games on his phone.
I couldn't watch any of them live. Yes you can watch a few days later but neither home or away live unless it's on NFL Network

edit: But I was in the Conroe area

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
The NFL APP is only gonna show you live, LOCAL games. So a fella living in Ohio ain’t gettin Texans/Colts at noon on the app. He’ll get whatever game is on at noon in that local affiliate

that’s the way I understand it
Then it's changed from last years game pass

edo783

Hall of Fame
Does anyone know where on the web I can place a prop bet? I have downloaded a couple of sports book apps, but they don't seem to offer the prop bets. I want to put a couple of nickels on the over/under of season game wins for the Texans.

justmy2cents

All Pro
Contributor's Club
Does anyone know where on the web I can place a prop bet? I have downloaded a couple of sports book apps, but they don't seem to offer the prop bets. I want to put a couple of nickels on the over/under of season game wins for the Texans.
Hmmm ..... "prop" ..... let's see .... would that pertain to A) something like scenery on a stage B) a nod or congratulatory gesture upon accomplishment C) something heavy, (century old iron), to hold a door open D) one of those small, slender-ish things on the front of a small plane, that better damn well be turning real fast - if the wheels are off the ground !

Last edited:

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
We've only spent 79 days in our Atascocita home since November 2019. Right now, we're streaming when home. I don't want a dish and was hoping for cable. Unfortunately, there was cable in the backyard and a Smartbox in the closet, but cable is no longer available. Anyone in the area know if fiberoptic cable will be pulled any time in the future?

TexanBorn51

Veteran
I have been on antennas for 20 years before it was even cord cutting. I live in the same house for 40 years. I presently have 3 antennas for different location directions to towers and one is dedicated lo VHF only to Fredericksburg just for 2 channels 70 miles away it’s a big one. All of them on the roof.
I use tvfool.com and antennaweb.org for db gains/loss, tower locations, line of sight, degrees, miles etc.
Yes here in San Antonio when it comes to the Texans mostly all of them are on local broadcasts.
Now for the very few games including college football there is another alternative with the following method for all sports games. firestick kodi and the crew maybe vpn. Legal wise take it for what it's worth.

OptimisticTexan

Don't you have to pay for NFL Game Pass? That one I posted is free. You can watch the full games, or the condensed games. Up to you.
I got GamePass....249 Euros. Got to see the Pre Season games with no issue....even though I was viewing them the following day. I did stay up long enough to check the Live feed and there were no issues.

OptimisticTexan

If you are waiting a day to watch them, save yourself 249 Euros, and watch the games on the link I shared. https://nfl-video.com/

Last nights Bills vs Rams game is already up.
I can watch live....I'm just 7 hours ahead of CST. Regular season games start at 1900. Thursday and Monday.....go to bed early and wake up early to watch live 0330 if the Texans are playing.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
I can watch live....I'm just 7 hours ahead of CST. Regular season games start at 1900. Thursday and Monday.....go to bed early and wake up early to watch live 0330 if the Texans are playing.
I know forums are full of "I'm a better fan than you" comments.

But I gotta say.... you are a "better fan" than I am cause with the exception of one or two seasoms I haven't seen anything the Texans have put out there to drag my lazy butt out of bed at 3:30am.

Staying awake til 3am... no problem. Waking up to face the day at 3am.... someone better be dead or dyin.

wildroot

Rookie
Is Sunday's game blacked out locally? I'm in Victoria and the CBS affiliate is showing Pittsburg-Cincinnati.

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
I know forums are full of "I'm a better fan than you" comments.

But I gotta say.... you are a "better fan" than I am cause with the exception of one or two seasoms I haven't seen anything the Texans have put out there to drag my lazy butt out of bed at 3:30am.

Staying awake til 3am... no problem. Waking up to face the day at 3am.... someone better be dead or dyin.
Yeah, I'm in the same time zone as OptimisticTexan.

In the pre-season, I'll stay up and watch the first half. But in the regular season, my wife's asleep by that time. I'll wake up the next morning, clear my schedule, and watch it without commercials on GamePass.