Thanks for your support!

Walter football has Texans picking 29th in 2019 Draft, i.e. deep P/O run in '18

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
texansb_logo.gif
Houston Texans: Damien Harris, RB, Alabama
Alabama_logo.gif

I could see the Texans targeting an intriguing backfield weapon for Deshaun Watson, especially if D'Onta Foreman struggles off his Achilles tear.

Read more:
http://walterfootball.com/draft2019_1.php#ixzz5J4YyDNV7
So I dunno is this Walters way of saying we got both a franchise QB & LT in the 2018 Draft ?
Looks like we lost again to the Pats, this time in the AFC championship game.

We got the most productive RB in Foreman and that in the third round so I don't see us using a first on a lesser back. I am more concerned about our Corners and Oline than I am RB.

Edit also I think we did get a franchise QB and while prob not a franchise LT but one that will be a starter for years in 2017 draft ( you didn't mean 2018 right?).

We got the most productive RB in Foreman and that in the third round so I don't see us using a first on a lesser back. I am more concerned about our Corners and Oline than I am RB.

Edit also I think we did get a franchise QB and while prob not a franchise LT but one that will be a starter for years in 2017 draft ( you didn't mean 2018 right?).
Yea of course you are correct, i meant to say the '17 Draft for Watson & Davenport.
Obviously it's far too early to talk about about next years Draft but I couldn't pass up the opportunity when I saw that a fairly respected Draft sight had such lofty expectations for the Texans this Fall, however it very possibly may be somewhat tongue in cheek ?

Yea of course you are correct, i meant to say the '17 Draft for Watson & Davenport.
Obviously it's far too early to talk about about next years Draft but I couldn't pass up the opportunity when I saw that a fairly respected Draft sight had such lofty expectations for the Texans this Fall, however it very possibly may be somewhat tongue in cheek ?
It's never too early, IDexan to talk any draft. After most of the seasons under O'Brien (not a dig just facts) I eagerly talk about college football players, draft and free agent possibilities.

It's never too early, IDexan to talk any draft. After most of the seasons under O'Brien (not a dig just facts) I eagerly talk about college football players, draft and free agent possibilities.
So what's your take on the offensive tackle prospects expected to be in the 2019 Draft Badboy ?
Hopefully we will see some very significant development and improvement in the play of Davenport & Henderson this year so that we aren't so needy, dare I say desperate for help at that position after the 2018 season ?

first my apology in delay as I was caught up in the Texas Outlaw challenge boat races in Clear Lake. Always bring back memories of my American Offshore 1000 HP CAT. I want to also admit my POV is different than most here as I think Davenport will be good at LT this season & going forward. I am not very familiar with Henderson but my research indicates he should be able to hold down RT this season at least with going past that as 50-50. IMO, I could see Martinas Rankin as starting sometime this year if he has to. If he can learn and adjust behind Henderson even better. So-- OT is not the the ditch of depression many think. I don't have Quessenberry making final roster but if he shows up with increased strength, his experience on team could make him an interesting chess piece.

Another will be Jared Jones-Smith UDFA who has an interesting history at Pittsburgh as I posted elsewhere some time ago. He blew a knee in June before his soph year in 2015. Unfortunately an artery was endangered & IIRC physicians stated he was couple hours from possible death but he had received excellent initial care & the amputation that was expected was avoided. His ligament damage while significant did not keep him from returning in 2016 where he played in 8 games and then started 9 in 2017 at RT across from LT Brian O'Neil. Going into 2019 I have him doing better than any RT other than Rankin. He is 6'7" 317 with arms 36 1/4 which allow him (as it does Davenport) to keep up with faster opponents around edge. He also has explosion in his 10 1/4 hands. While not great in run blocking not getting to second level, he can shut down opponent on inside and did rather well in pass blocking. He can give #4 time he needs to launch. Blocking in college for two avg QBs and two avg RBs did not help any on the Oline. He and O'Neil were fortunate to get out of town alive. I can't find link but I read one "expert" saying he would be a better pro than O'Neil.
2019 draft:
Prince Tega Wanagho of Auburn will climb boards this season and I have him going to Texans round three. He moved from defense to O 2016 with little coaching to help. He got better 2017 but then coach Herb Hand ran players in and out of Oline on seemingly a whim. New Oline coach J.B.Grimes will leave him in and he will respond IMO as did Davenport. Prince a junior is 6'6 + and about 307; is not a fatty and strong. He blocks for Jarrett Stidham a 66.5 % 3158 yards passer.

Will be watching Florida's Jawaan Taylor if he finds a motor and shed a few pounds could be very good. He played RT but IIRC played LT some towards season end and possibly be a OG. I need more info on this junior.
If players on roster develop as I think, third round may be too high too look for depth and another UDFA or two in next off season could be way to go. Most importantly, it would allow us to address other needs or even go BPA with our first, two seconds and a third.

Good stuff Badboy, thanks man !
I don't watch too much college ball, as I'm primarily an NFL fan which dwarfs all other sports in my viewing time & priorities. But I think I may watch more college ball this year so you've given me something to build my research on for college OT prospects to keep track of this Fall. If Davenport and other OTs on the depth chart do well, perhaps even better than many expect then we can revert to the more traditional philosophy of BPA for taking players in the first round of the 2019 Draft, especially at edge and CB with the uncertainty we have at those positions going forward.
And I really appreciate your optimism on Davenport, OK so won't be that long now before TC begins so soon we can all track his progress.

Somebody loves them some Davenport.

Why, other than fandom I'm not quite sure.

After Robinson, I'm kinda down on picking Auburn OT's.

Agreed about Jones. He's done more against better competition than Davenport ever did.

Somebody loves them some Davenport.

Why, other than fandom I'm not quite sure.

After Robinson, I'm kinda down on picking Auburn OT's.

Agreed about Jones. He's done more against better competition than Davenport ever did.
why? As I've repeatedly said, I watched him and read every scrap of evaluation on him. Fan? yeah as I am a fan for any player that IMO is good, especially if on our team. Jones need some NFL field time for me to say he is better than Davenport. Both have similarities and I hope both do very well.

Good stuff Badboy, thanks man !
I don't watch too much college ball, as I'm primarily an NFL fan which dwarfs all other sports in my viewing time & priorities. But I think I may watch more college ball this year so you've given me something to build my research on for college OT prospects to keep track of this Fall. If Davenport and other OTs on the depth chart do well, perhaps even better than many expect then we can revert to the more traditional philosophy of BPA for taking players in the first round of the 2019 Draft, especially at edge and CB with the uncertainty we have at those positions going forward.
And I really appreciate your optimism on Davenport, OK so won't be that long now before TC begins so soon we can all track his progress.
Thanks, I have some research on other tackles that I will post soon. If 2019 is as deep with OTs and DBs I would prob wait until later in draft to pick.

why? As I've repeatedly said, I watched him and read every scrap of evaluation on him. Fan? yeah as I am a fan for any player that IMO is good, especially if on our team. Jones need some NFL field time for me to say he is better than Davenport. Both have similarities and I hope both do very well.

What makes you think he will be good?

He was thoroughly overmatched last season. IMHO

What makes you think he will be good?

He was thoroughly overmatched last season. IMHO
At what position? You must know he had only 22 percent of all offensive snaps his rookie season? Of those many were as a super tackle on right side of the regular right tackle---who was Giacomini. Season opener vs Jags Kendall Lamm gets yanked by BOB and Big D entered at LT had some really good plays but showed his lack of NFL strength and timing the snap---nothing surprising as a rookie playing NFL blind side. Everything I saw (and others I am aware of) shouted "it's in his head. He's thinking rather than playing." No surprise there, in fact today on radio BOB was describing QB 4 "last year he [Watson] played in his head too much. He's had time to learn {play book} and is looking good in 7 on 7s". This could be said about most rookies... including Davenport. He did not return to left tackle until game 9 where he consistently got his first two steps correctly placed then the third step was off putting his base in weak unbalanced position. His long arms kept in touch with his opponent usually although he was pushed back and away too much. He gave up a sack was sent to bench. He didn't return to LT until last three games. everyone I know or talked with say he was very good last two games at LT. Even then he was playing next to Su'a Fila---enough said. I do think D will be better with Fulton at his side and Watson behind center. What we know is D was able to get to second level in those few snaps.

image: http://www.walterfootball.com/jscss/Images/Logos/TRN/HOU.gif

Texans:
Caleb Wilson,Tight End,UCLA
image: http://www.walterfootball.com/college/UCLA_logo.gif

The defense is loaded, the skill positions are stacked, and they may have the best young quarterback in the entire league. Giving him a talented tight end might be the last puzzle piece to go all the way, which they almost do in my prediction.

&&&&
Read more:http://www.walterfootball.com/mocks/publishedmock/67887/1#ixzz5Q3DOlVAZ
&&&&
So in this Sept. mock Draft for '19 Walter has the Rams picking 32nd and we are taking a TE with the 31st pick. Lets see, that means we just lost the '19 SB to tth LA Rams ?
Hate losing but I can live with that. This mock must have been produced by McNairs kid, Cal McNair.
Somebody loves us !

Back