Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Vote of confidence - would you take 9-7 right now?

Would you take 9-7 right now?

• Yes

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • No

Votes: 80 89.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder how much loosing Shanny hurt us? I wanna say not much because IMO Foster is a pleasant surprise but I think he may become a dud like Slaton, kind of one-and-done types.

I hope I'm wrong...

I wonder how much loosing Shanny hurt us? I wanna say not much because IMO Foster is a pleasant surprise but I think he may become a dud like Slaton, kind of one-and-done types.

I hope I'm wrong...

Foster? Hell no. He is no dud like Slaton. Slaton would constantly get stuffed for one yard, two yards, negative one yard, then break off a 30 yard run. Foster consistently will get you at least four yards a carry, as well as break off those 30+ yard runs. Plus, you can't teach those cuts and vision. Foster is legit.

Voted "no."

Even if 9-7 gets the Texans to the playoffs, we all know that Kubiak would outcoach himself again get a humiliating ass-kicking the first game in.

Ill take the losing season right now... the only possible way we make the playoffs is sweep the jags and tits...beat jets and baltimore. I cant see us doing that. In kubiak press he didnt even consider putting in butler. Is he dumb, Brown got torn a new one and is gonna be attacked the rest of the year. He also said he brought tightends to help him. I sure didnt see that. lets get a losing season, bring out the pink soap, and lets get our hopes high for next season with an entire new staff.:texflag:

Ill take the losing season right now... the only possible way we make the playoffs is sweep the jags and tits...beat jets and baltimore. I cant see us doing that.

So before the season started, you figured we would sweep the Colts & beat the Giants & the Cowboys?

Really?

I voted No. I said it at the beginning of the season and I'll say it again, I predict the Texans will go 7-9 or 8-8 if we're really lucky.

9-7 is about the worst possible thing I can imagine happening to us. I'd rather have any record but that, with 8-8 close behind. Either Kubiak and the coaching staff pull their heads out their asses and get us 10+ wins and a playoff spot, or we need to lose out and find a new staff next year.

This team plays like a 7-9 team and that is the record we will probably earn.

So before the season started, you figured we would sweep the Colts & beat the Giants & the Cowboys?

Really?

If you had the knowledge that the Cowboys would be 1-6 after 7 games, that we would blow out the Colts in game 1, the second time we played them they would be down to 2nd and 3rd stringers due to injuries, and the Giants were struggling (as they were before Texans played them), you would have to like the chances of the above.

Even with the play calling, the receivers were open, the only bad throw was the one that was picked... & returned.

I think it's very superficial to blame this loss on the play calling.

We're going three & out, regardless who we're playing, & to me, it looks like a QB issue.

Really Thunder, you are getting killed by the pass rush so you start running long developing pass plays, how about some of the following:

- WR screen
- swing pass to the back
- quick dump to the TE (see peyton manning)
- a draw play.. (wtf is that not in our playbook?)

I can think of about 5-6 plays that I would run when two DE's are coming at me full speed.

Ill take the losing season right now... the only possible way we make the playoffs is sweep the jags and tits...beat jets and baltimore. I cant see us doing that.

Really?

If you had the knowledge that the Cowboys would be 1-6 after 7 games, that we would blow out the Colts in game 1, the second time we played them they would be down to 2nd and 3rd stringers due to injuries, and the Giants were struggling (as they were before Texans played them), you would have to like the chances of the above.

My response is to the "season is over" comment. Knowing what we know now it's not looking good. But to be 4-3 now, knowing we haven't played well doesn't spell, "the season is over" to me.

It would be nice to see hints that we will play better..... AJ having a 100 yard game, Foster active in both the passing & running game, Defense only allowed 23 points to the Colts, less than 400 yards to Peyton, someone other than Mario getting a sack, Schaub actually throwing to someone other than AJ..... not huge things, not very satisfying... but hints none the less.

We're a passing game away from being a dominant team.

Why is the passing game a problem, why is it taking so long to get it going, what the heck is going on........ those are the questions we should be asking. That's what we should be criticizing.

I don't give a damn what their record is at the end of this year. If they don't make the playoffs, the season is a failure. If the Texans end up with an 11-5 record and don't make the playoffs for whatever reason, the season is STILL a failure despite being 11-5.

Playoffs or bust, that's how it is with me.

I don't give a damn what their record is at the end of this year. If they don't make the playoffs, the season is a failure. If the Texans end up with an 11-5 record and don't make the playoffs for whatever reason, the season is STILL a failure despite being 11-5.

For me, to be a little more specific,

If we are 10-5 January 1st & a win against the Jaguars on Jan 2nd means we are in the play-offs, & a loss means we're out, a 10-6 season shouldn't be able to save Gary Kubiak.

i wont take it cause it wont make the playoffs... whether they even make 9 games is another thing though

the D came on more monday night in my mind so im a bit more hopeful about that. if kubiak starts calling run/pass plays in the right balance i think we can make 10 wins (jags x 2, denver) and 3 out of (2x titans, eagles, SD, jets, bal)

Now, in this case, I would be ok with the 11-5 record if they somehow didn't make the playoffs because;

-The AFC is so damn strong it will probably take 12+ wins to get in anyway
-Even if an 11 win team gets in I think it would come down to tie breakers which we may lose
-11-5 is solidly a winning record
-11-5 with what at the beginning of the year was THE toughest schedule in the NFL would be an accomplishment.

No playoffs would piss me off immensely but not at Kubiak.

The unfortunate thing though (or fortunate depending on how bad you want Kubes gone) is that I don't see 11-5 anyway the way they have been playing so I don't thing this problem will present itself. :gun:

Now, in this case, I would be ok with the 11-5 record if they somehow didn't make the playoffs because;

-The AFC is so damn strong it will probably take 12+ wins to get in anyway
-Even if an 11 win team gets in I think it would come down to tie breakers which we may lose
-11-5 is solidly a winning record
-11-5 with what at the beginning of the year was THE toughest schedule in the NFL would be an accomplishment.

No playoffs would piss me off immensely but not at Kubiak.

The unfortunate thing though (or fortunate depending on how bad you want Kubes gone) is that I don't see 11-5 anyway the way they have been playing so I don't thing this problem will present itself. :gun:

Same here. If we were 11-5, and didn't make the playoffs, then I'd be alright. But, it would also mean Kubiak is still here. Even if we do go 11-5, Kubiak is a fluke coach, in my opinion. Have to see what he would do in a playoff game first, and personally, I think he'd run and hide.

You wouldn't see 9-7 against this schedule as any better than 9-7 against last year's schedule?

No.

In the offseason most people said the schedule may not be as hard as it appears and to let the season play out. That's what I'm doing.

For me it's playoffs/10-6 season. Or fire Kubes. Mediocrity and hoping things will get better will not cut it anymore.

If the Texans are medicore and go into the last game without a chance at the playoffs. I will make the call for all season ticket holders to not go to that game. Unfortunately the only way to affect change is to send a strong message to Uncle BoB that mediocrity is unacceptable and if the Texans organization doesn't listen then there will be more of these boycotts coming.

The only way to get change is to get into uncle BoB's wallet. Unfortunately.

Back