Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Voice Of The Fan Quotes

I guess i was as angry as the rest of you knowing our team have been embarrassed twice in 2 weeks....But when i read the latest post on voice of the fan it really brought me back to my prospective.... he said :

Remember, it’s easy to be a “die-hard” fan when everything is going well, but the team needs us now more than ever. Don’t forget that some of the best fans are made during the worst of times.

Guess i never realized how true that was....So this is a new week and i'm not going to dwell on my own negative comments anymore and say " I HOPE WE KICK SOME PACKERS A** THIS WEEK" :boxing: If we're this upset, can you imagine how upset the Texans are??? TEXANS, i still love you guys!!!!!!!! :whoohoo:

If you didn't hear the comments from G-Funk, he thinks this team has lost its' heart and to see Johnson's reaction at the two-minute mark, it mirror's G-Funk! But as for the remainder of the team, we'll have to wait and see. But I don't think anyone takes the games as hard as the fans! Why? Most of us would play the game for free! It's easy to feel better going to the spa to heal up.................cost $2000 :coolb:

FYI .. For those that don't know him .. Voice of the Fan is written each week by our own ' aj ' on the message board. You can always count on him for interesting and precise information. He's the numbers guy around here and has been a wealth of sports knowledge over the years.
When aj speaks, you should listen ... well except for those times when he is hamming it up.. ;) .. lol

pittbull said:
If you didn't hear the comments from G-Funk, he thinks this team has lost its' heart and to see Johnson's reaction at the two-minute mark, it mirror's G-Funk! But as for the remainder of the team, we'll have to wait and see. But I don't think anyone takes the games as hard as the fans! Why? Most of us would play the game for free! It's easy to feel better going to the spa to heal up.................cost $2000 :coolb:

g-funk might want to look into the mirror. hes not exactly playing the best football of his career.

Fiddy, I don't think johnson throwing his helmet is "just" something he did. I think he, the most quiet guy in the locker room and off the field, was making a blanket statement. By refusing to go on the field after he did so, this guy was saying, I'm tired of what I see going on. The playcalling, the execution, the approach, the attitude on the field and maybe in the locker room. Remember, this is a guy that let's his play do the talking, and is not used to loosing, coming from one of the most dominate collegiate teams ever, over a 4 year period. This team desperately needs some emotional leaders, and maybe his antics will spark some. Whenever you see a less emotional guy get emotional, good things can happen! :hmmm:

This is kind of why I didn't get on the board until today. I was so mad and upset at how this team just plain quit and never really executed. I didn't want to say anything that I knew I didn't really feel. It was just that this team looked very uncharacteristic in giving up. Up to this point we always seemed to at the very least give other teams a run for their money and to see us not even compete for the past two weeks has been hard.

But I also have been a loyal fan long enough in the past to know that we are only still 2 games behind in the division and anything can still happen. We just gotta put this behind us and get back to making plays.

pittbull said:
Fiddy, I don't think johnson throwing his helmet is "just" something he did. I think he, the most quiet guy in the locker room and off the field, was making a blanket statement. By refusing to go on the field after he did so, this guy was saying, I'm tired of what I see going on. The playcalling, the execution, the approach, the attitude on the field and maybe in the locker room. Remember, this is a guy that let's his play do the talking, and is not used to loosing, coming from one of the most dominate collegiate teams ever, over a 4 year period. This team desperately needs some emotional leaders, and maybe his antics will spark some. Whenever you see a less emotional guy get emotional, good things can happen! :hmmm:
Not just another player but maybe even a coach!?

If you only say positive things about the team it doesn't make you more of a fan than someone who says some negative things from time to time. I don't know where that idea comes from but it simply is not true. Speak the truth and be passionate about it!

bckey said:
If you only say positive things about the team it doesn't make you more of a fan than someone who says some negative things from time to time. I don't know where that idea comes from but it simply is not true. Speak the truth and be passionate about it!
If this weren't the case, none of us would have anything to say after the game against Indy. There was very little positive that happened at all. From Freeney "swishing" past Wand to smack D Carr on our first pass, our Offense seemed to be jolted off course, and never got back on. NO. 8 didn't look at all like he has thus far in the season, Andre was kept out of the game basically, nearly NO pressure on Manning, and safety play and O line was terrible.
That being said - I know this team can get it together and hit GB in the mouth - and pull to .500 again! But our line has to play better - and we must smother Favre, while holding down A Green.

pittbull said:

I think you are right, but what you have to hope is that Johnson is not just being a crybaby. Lord knows there are enough receivers in this league who get mad and wont go back in games because they feel like they are not getting all the attention they deserve. Not saying that is the case here, but a receiver like this can actually hurt a team more than help it.

bckey said:

What sometimes bother's me is that some of the posters speak with passion and ... that makes it their opinion not the truth.

AJ had every right to refuse to waste his time running down the feild when David Carr couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. There was one time when AJ was wide open and DC threw it 10 feet over his head and out of bounds. The one who needs to pull his head back into the sunshine is DC, and Dom, and DeLoach, and the defensive secondary, and the offensive line. We need to put the bull **** behind and play football, I am hoping the 12th Man can get this turned around.

By the way, Kylie and Jamie did a great job.

Personally i don't think they are utilizing AJ like they should....Before AJ could catch any ball no matter how many defenders were around, but now we decided to become more of a running team...GO FIGURE....They need to concentrate more on protecting Carr and throw the ball more to AJ.....

did aj just throw his helmet or did he also not go into the game when he was told to do so. i hope he just threw his helmet cause if he refused to go into the game i just lost a lot of respect for him. he gets paid millions of dollars to play football and he better dam well play when hes asked to if hes gonna get my support. if i refused to do my job when im supposed to i wouldnt be working the next day.

so someone please tell me he just threw his helmet. and hes not a crybaby quiter.

Joe Texan said:
AJ had every right to refuse to waste his time running down the feild when David Carr couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. There was one time when AJ was wide open and DC threw it 10 feet over his head and out of bounds. The one who needs to pull his head back into the sunshine is DC, and Dom, and DeLoach, and the defensive secondary, and the offensive line. We need to put the bull **** behind and play football, I am hoping the 12th Man can get this turned around.

By the way, Kylie and Jamie did a great job.

i cant see how you blame carr for being off. if your getting killed by 300 pound lineman down after down its gonna effect your accuracy. even if you do get a little time to throw on occassion your gonna be rushed and try to get rid of the ball quicker than you should because the last 3 plays your were hit before you could get rid of the ball.

if aj did refuse to play that just shows his team that when things get bad they cant count on one of their star players. hes gonna give up and quit.

markbeth said:
if aj did refuse to play that just shows his team that when things get bad they cant count on one of their star players. hes gonna give up and quit.

I agree 100 percent the stars of this team need to be pulling this team together not acting like a big baby. The fans need to get behind this team win or lose Houston lost one team already do you want to make it two?

kuno said:
I think you are right, but what you have to hope is that Johnson is not just being a crybaby. Lord knows there are enough receivers in this league who get mad and wont go back in games because they feel like they are not getting all the attention they deserve. Not saying that is the case here, but a receiver like this can actually hurt a team more than help it.
I wouldnt worry about that with AJ...

I'm not worried about AJ or the Texans they are just 3 years old.They still have a lot of growin to do.

Back