Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Vince Young: "this is my house!"

I love Mario.....I think Mario is going to be a beast....

But we screwed that pick up...We didn't get the best value we could have gotten out of it....

Even if we were still losing if we had Bush or Young....The games would be a lot more fun to watch....

For an immediate impact, yeah - incorrect first selection as VY and Bush will touch the ball more than Mario. For long term impact, well that has yet to be decided.

To win one game in an opposing team's stadium, not sure if that makes it "his house". Maybe he can have a bathroom or something for now.

For an immediate impact, yeah - incorrect first selection as VY and Bush will touch the ball more than Mario. For long term impact, well that has yet to be decided.

To win one game in an opposing team's stadium, not sure if that makes it "his house". Maybe he can have a bathroom or something for now.

Well he has the key to the city so I imagine VY can come and go as he pleases. ;)

Vince deserves to say that. Yesterday it was his house, he owned the Texans and all of Reliant Stadium. The dude played like a true champion.

qb's averaging 135 ypg with a 64 qb rating are a dime a dozen. shouldn't be that hard.

its not about the stat, he's not a great qb but hes a good qb improving each week, but when it comes down to making a play when it counts the most, 9 out of 10 times, Vince Young will make that play.

He was just practicing for his upcoming commercial for Under armour and you guys are all upset.:stirpot:

Even stars make mistakes...but it was stupid for him to go off like that regardless of his emotions.

The Texans D will make snot bubbles come out of this guy next year after having to watch that ending over and over. There are just some things you don't do and this is one of them.

Interestingly, Young did do a nice job of trying to tone all that stuff down after the game and said some nice and respectfull stuff about that "this is going to be a good rivalry...Houston is heading in the right direction etc..." but it is too late for me and I suspect every member of the Texans defense and coaching staff. :hunter:

This may be Vince Youngs house, but I don't blame the Texans... We all knew that the product on the field is sub-standard, so you can't blame them the same way you can't blame a dog, for being a dog... Ya can't blame the GM and the HC, they are both in their first season dealing with the ineptness of the previous regime.

I blame the fans that wore their TU gear. I blame the fans that wore Tack gear.... Way to make an opposing QB (and yes, thats what VY is, is an enemy QB) feel comfortable... Weak ***** fans!!!

After that :rant: I will get off of my :soapbox:

Even stars make mistakes...but it was stupid for him to go off like that regardless of his emotions.

The Texans D will make snot bubbles come out of this guy next year after having to watch that ending over and over. There are just some things you don't do and this is one of them.

Interestingly, Young did do a nice job of trying to tone all that stuff down after the game and said some nice and respectfull stuff about that "this is going to be a good rivalry...Houston is heading in the right direction etc..." but it is too late for me and I suspect every member of the Texans defense and coaching staff. :hunter:

This is the funniest thing I've ever heard.....

You guys have that David Carr mentality....Lets tip-toe around and hope we don't wake the beast....

Did anyone notice that Madison HS colors were almost Oiler like?(they showed it on tv) He was destined to be a Titan.

This is the funniest thing I've ever heard.....

You guys have that David Carr mentality....Lets tip-toe around and hope we don't wake the beast....

Glad you enjoyed it and you are entitled to express your opinion of fans that see the world differently than you as you wish...so here is another one that you will enjoy and please remember this post next year...

VY crossed the line this Sunday and if "Houston is his house", then it is going to become a house of pain. This was worse than the cowgirls declairing themselves to be "America's team".

Go Texans! :aikido:

Glad you enjoyed it and you are entitled to express your opinion of fans that see the world differently than you as you wish...so here is another one that you will enjoy and please remember this post next year...

VY crossed the line this Sunday and if "Houston is his house", then it is going to become a house of pain. This was worse than the cowgirls declairing themselves to be "America's team".

The problem is that it seems the fans care more than the players....

Heck....Half the players that played on sunday won't even be here next year....

I totally agree. Who didn't want Vince? It would have been incredible but for real Texans fans he is now the enemy. You simply cannot be a Texans fan and root for VY. The two are mutually exclusive.

qb's averaging 135 ypg with a 64 qb rating are a dime a dozen. shouldn't be that hard.

First of all QB rating needs to be thrown into a gabage disposal. Second, N.O was a pretty good team befor the debacle last year and had most of the pieces in play but needed better coaching and QB play. It is a shame but Carr needs to move on and have a career in a new city, Green Bay or KC, or somewhere eles that has an older QB and they have time to groom for a year. We dont necesarrly(sp) need a 1st round Qb, but a restricted FA (....cough Matt Schaub cough....) and build a team around him. Just my :twocents:

I totally agree. Who didn't want Vince? It would have been incredible but for real Texans fans he is now the enemy. You simply cannot be a Texans fan and root for VY. The two are mutually exclusive.

I root for VY.....

And I'm a Texan fan....

Sue me...

Who are you to tell me what makes a Texans fan? I root for VY but I'm a diehard Texans fan. I felt like throwing up after seeing VY run into the endzone. It was devastating to loose that game. I want to see VY do well because I've followed his career since his Madison High days. He's a special player and we all saw that on display yesterday. Most of you guys who are blasting VY fans fail to understand the concept that you can like a player outside of your team and there's nothing wrong with that. For example, when it comes to basketball I'm rooting for guys like Rashard Lewis, Emeka Okeafor, AI, Steve Francis etc., to do well because I'm a fan. It doesn't make me any less of a Rockets fan. I've always rooted for Roger Clemens when he was with the Yankees so does that make me a bad Astros fan??? I wanna see those players do well but I want my team to win. It's as simple as that. Some of you guys are taking this way too personally. It's just a game afterall not real life.

Who are you to tell me what makes a Texans fan? I root for VY but I'm a diehard Texans fan. I felt like throwing up after seeing VY run into the endzone. It was devastating to loose that game. I want to see VY do well because I've followed his career since his Madison High days. He's a special player and we all saw that on display yesterday. Most of you guys who are blasting VY fans fail to understand the concept that you can like a player outside of your team and there's nothing wrong with that. For example, when it comes to basketball I'm rooting for guys like Rashard Lewis, Emeka Okeafor, AI, Steve Francis etc., to do well because I'm a fan. It doesn't make me any less of a Rockets fan. I've always rooted for Roger Clemens when he was with the Yankees so does that make me a bad Astros fan??? I wanna see those players do well but I want my team to win. It's as simple as that. Some of you guys are taking this way too personally. It's just a game afterall not real life.

Agree to disagree there pads. In my way of thinking you simply can't have it both ways. That leaves too much room to jump ship and bandwagon a winner. We see things differently that's all.

Agree to disagree there pads. In my way of thinking you simply can't have it both ways. That leaves too much room to jump ship and bandwagon a winner. We see things differently that's all.

So I guess when you argue with a loved one, after the argument you have to go on hating them....

joking, joking, just trying to wake people up this morning......If you take a huge step back, this is all hilarious, like some long joke of a dream, unfortunately that we won't be able to wake up from, but a joke none the less, so i choose to just laugh when i think that we could actually be rooting for vince young as a houston texans qb.....thats hilarious ....hahahahahahahahahaha....have a good day bro's and sista's....

Look, I understand that you guys are that post more religiously on this board are tired of the same rehashed stuff over and over.

I get that.

But call a spade a spade.

David Carr is not a winner with the texans. Some people just win games. No matter what happens, when you watch certain players you are surprised when they dont do something special. Vince is one of those guys. I saw it when he was in high school. I saw it when he was in college. When he recently had a bad game and cost the titans a game tears came into his eyes, and vowed that he would never play like that again, and how terrible he felt to let the team down.

He has that drive to win. Nothing else matters to him. You saw it in elway, montana, and most recently in tom brady. The attitude is what makes him special, and that is something I was looking forward to having in a texan uniform. An attitude that expects to win no matter the circumstances.

Until the attitudes change in the lockerroom and on the field, we will never get there.

Steve McKinney is the biggest example of this. Listening to him talk is a joke. He isnt in the NFL to win championships, he is in it to collect a paycheck and put forth some effort.

Well I already said last week that Carr needs to go.. I dont support him as our QB anymore. I still think hes a great guy, and I hate that we have to let him go, but this franchise isnt going to win with him at the helm, and he isnt going to get support from the fanbase anymore.. that window of opportunity to be this franchises golden boy has come and gone.. he will have more success elsewhere.

Today (yesterday actually) I already ate my crow and said that VY is gonna be good, and that I wish we would have taken him. Unfortunately we cant go back in time so im not going to dwell on it. I like Mario Williams and I think he could be a playmaker, hopefully he will be. As for our issues at QB.. we need to draft someone.. we need a new face, and we need to see what Kubiak can do with an unblemished QB prospect. Im betting he can make another Elway. But again, VY does not enter the picture for me.. the past is the past and no amount of whining or finger pointing is gonna get VY on this team. Im much more interested in figuring out what young QB we CAN get.

I think you are right.. we lack a winning attitude in the lockerroom. When the going gets rough, we lay down and die. I think the best way to fix this problem is to bring in that young QB prospect.. a fresh face.. someone with lots of talent who doesnt yet realize that the NFL is a hard place to succeed in. We need some swagger.. and a playmaking QB can give it to us. It is what VY has done for the Titans.

Good points but what you fail to realize is the people most of us are attacking are not like you. They don't know where to draw the line between being a fan of your own team and being a fan of a player. When that player goes against your team, you support your own team or else you don't have the right to call yourself a true fan. A sports fan? Sure. But a true Texans fan? No and if you think you are, you're kidding yourself and wasting every true fan's time by posting on this message board. I'm fine with liking other players. I mean I like LT, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Larry Johnson, Brian Urlacher, etc. I am a sports fan, and I respect the abilities of other players that do no play for the Texans. But once or twice a year when those players play against my team, I want those guys that I like to fail. I want my team to win at all costs, even if it means a guy I like a whole lot plays poorly.

I can see it now. We trade Carr to Jax and he sucks there, but he helps Jax to OWN us 2 games a year. So, then we'd have 4 games a year that were automatic losses.

It's just the kind of thing that happens to this organizaion.

PS-Scrach that. 6 automatic losses, because we ain't beating Indy. We'd get swept by the whole division every year and top our 2-14 record by going 1-15 next year.

You don't understand what the situation was. The Texans wanted to trade down and tried repeatedly. The largest fan base last offseason for the Texans also wanted a trade down. I wanted it REALLY BAD. They tried and tried to do that. The offers were rediculous. They tried to get somebody to offer what that pick was worth, and tried some more. Finally, the last team in a position to want it enough to offer enough (Jets) refused to even talk anymore. The trade possiblity was over.

Now, moving on to the actual draft, I DID NOT want to take Williams #1 overall. I agree with you there. He's a good player and he'll be great (relatively speaking), but he wasn't worth passing VY and RB, not to mention Leinart. I still have some remaining doubts (however small) about Bush--he's the greatest slot receiver EVER (by a long distance), but, well, you see the running back numbers. It depends on how you look at it with him. I've defended Carr many times (although I won't bother anymore), but they were stupid for giving Carr that extension, especially when they had VY begging them to come to Houston.

Mostly, I wish that trade down could've happened, but it just wasn't there.

Ok, thanks for the informed opinion. As for Reggie Bush. He is an awesome slot receiver and a matchup nightmare. For those who are not watching Saints games he is absolutely changing the way defenses line up. We have a running play whereby the option is there for Reggie on the reverse or Deuce McAllister up the middle. Often a linebacker will follow Reggie and Deuce will take it up the middle. When they stop tracking Reggie to stop Deuce that's when Reggie gets the ball. Bush has 405 rushing yards 2 TDs and 687 receiving yards 4 TDs. That's 1092 yards over 13 games splitting time with McAllister. Facts are facts Bush has struggled significantly running the ball. But as holds true with Mario Williams, it does with Bush - he is just 21 years old. He has all the moves in the world and is the exact size of Tiki Barber. Barber didn't do much in his 1st 5 NFL seasons. Now he is an elite back. Watch out because Reggie Bush is going to be an elite back in this league running the ball. He has too much talent and athletic ability. Bush would have also turned some of those 5 yard dump off passes from Carr into big gains if you had drafted him. I sincerely feel sorry for Andre Johnson because I feel he is being wasted so much. In a team where they got him the ball he'd be easily a top 5 WR. I wish you luck with Mario Williams but I genuinly think this will go down as a huge draft day blunder

eh.. there isnt a team in the league that cant look back and say "Boy we really screwed the pooch by not taking that guy"..

It happens. The only reason that its a "big deal" with VY is because he was a Houston guy and the UT fans have to wear loose pants when they watch him play.

It will pass when we start winning... here is what we need to do.

1) Draft a young QB for Kubiak to groom
2) Sign another good Olineman and draft a couple more
3) Get a FS to help out our struggling CBs
4) Trade David Carr as soon as we feel our rookie can take the reins
5) Get Mario some help on the Dline.
6) Re-sign our young star players.

That should be our strategy coming into the offseason, and into next year.

If Kubiak can't groom Carr what makes you think he can with another "young qb"?

I like Mario but we added Weaver . So while getting a stud specimen at any position is a plus .... that one does'nt make the most impact .

I would have bet the farm we 'd draft Bush . We just shot ourselves in the foot ( did'nt know it at the time ) by resigning Carr , so we did'nt need a QB .

I think its not all that bad . Bob Mcnair loses from a business standpoint the most but we do have the foundation for a dominant defense . I say draft Adrian Peterson and Kolb/Smith in the 2nd ... scrap Carr and sign some FA's .

Show the fan base that we're not waiting on one guy . There was 4 games that could have gone either way and we dropped all four . If we win 3/4 we're 7-6 and still have a shot at a wildcard .

Back