Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

UT Football

I think Herman really shite the bed in Houston. He should've stayed and continued to build the Cougars. He had all the national media showcasing how he built the Cougars and the type of coach he was to play for......b/c by all appearances, he really cared about his players. Had he stayed, he could've really built off that positive media coverage. It will be interesting to see which program gives him a fresh start.

I think Herman really shite the bed in Houston. He should've stayed and continued to build the Cougars. He had all the national media showcasing how he built the Cougars and the type of coach he was to play for......b/c by all appearances, he really cared about his players. Had he stayed, he could've really built off that positive media coverage. It will be interesting to see which program gives him a fresh start.

I dont blame Herman for taking the job.

He just got paid 15 mil today. Plus almost all coaches want to coach at a Power 5 school where they have a chance to compete for a national championship.

I dont blame Herman for taking the job.

He just got paid 15 mil today. Plus almost all coaches want to coach at a Power 5 school where they have a chance to compete for a national championship.

Right. He got paid and had an opportunity to get into the playoffs. He failed at getting into the playoffs. But, Tom did succeed at cashing those checks.

Herman will get another shot. Hell, I’d like to see him back at UH.

Couldn’t have happened to a better guy...Briles, Sumlin, Hermann...I root for all these guys to fall on their faces after they leave UH..it’s what they deserve for using my alma mater as a stepping stone.

I just wish these guys had the stones to stay with a program and build it into a powerhouse. Yeah, the chances of competing for a championship is remote for most but I truly believe that with the exposure all conferences get these days and with how college football is trending towards more inclusion of these smaller programs, there’s a lot that could happen in the next 5 years where competing for a championship isn’t so far fetched; not any more far-fetched than some of the perennial bottom feeder teams in these power 5 conferences anyway.

Last edited:
To my somewhat novice eye, or looks like Sarkisian put together a pretty good staff.

A lot of you follow the college game more closely than I do, I'd love to hear your thoughts

Back