Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

UPDATE: Danieal Manning on IR

Ah yes, I look forward to many weeks of the Shiloh Keo.

It's strange they put Shilo in. We haven't seen him play that role..... ever, I don't think.

Wade's going to have to change things up a bit. He's not going to bring Reed into the box & I can't imagine Shilo playing man coverage on any TEs. & Dj isn't very good either.

I bet we'll see Brandon Harris manning up on TEs.

link

Hradhak,

Evidently, the Texans don't want the findings released. The story of the MRI AND CT scan make little sense. As usual, we are given little information to go by.

First thing you think of with a knee hyperextension is the PCL (posterior collateral ligament) and/or the ACL. Now, if the report of no ligament damage is accurate, I'm starting to believe there may be a stress or otherwise tibial (possibly plateau) fracture or a fracture involving a bone fragment attached to a knee ligament (which could be technically be referred to as "not having any ligament tears"). None of these would involved a return to play in less than 2 months, and probably more realistically longer.

Manning will undergo surgery on Friday.

The Texans have now volunteered that Manning suffered a "cracked bone in the knee." This is what I posted as my impression when they reported that there was no ligament damage and it was a "serious knee injury."

tibial_plateau.jpg

loadMedia.ashx

It can have some serious implications since it goes through and damages the joint cartilage of the knee joint. Our OT Spencer was a victim of multiple (comminuted) fractures of the tibial plateau........this was an example of the worse kind of this type of injury.

On a different note, we will be facing a familiar face, who at one time was actually brought in to replace Manning during his fibula fracture absence.

When he’s not returning kickoffs for the Chiefs — Demps leads the team with a 35.2-yard average in five returns — he’s also being used in the defensive backfield in certain sub packages, where he leads the team in interceptions and is second on the team in pass deflections with eight despite playing fewer than half the snaps of most of the defensive starters.
http://www.kansascity.com/2013/10/15/4554780/about-to-face-texans-chiefs-slinkafety.html#storylink=cpy

Is sure is nice seeing players leave here then go somewhere else and kick ass. Last I remember Demps, he was being scorched by TY Hilton, happened twice last season iirc.

Is sure is nice seeing players leave here then go somewhere else and kick ass. Last I remember Demps, he was being scorched by TY Hilton, happened twice last season iirc.

And he straight up dropped a sure pick 6 from Luck during our home game last year.

Drew Dougherty:

The 2013 season for Danieal Manning is over, as the Texans placed the veteran safety on injured reserve Tuesday because of a right knee tibial plateau fracture. Head coach Gary Kubiak said the loss of the eighth-year defensive back hurts in more ways than one.

"I think D-Man played at a Pro Bowl level for us," Kubiak said Wednesday. "He’s a big leader on our football team. We’re going to miss him."

Manning was on crutches and said he'll have surgery this Friday. He said he's not in any physical pain, but can't put much weight on his right leg. Even though his season is over, he said it could've been much worse.

"I'm fortunate that it's just that," Manning said of the injury. "In the pictures you guys have seen, it looks bad. It could've been an ACL, a whole knee repair, but thank God it wasn't anything like that."

Tania Ganguli @taniaganguli

Wade Phillips drops another bomb. But a
smaller one. D.J. Swearinger will start in
place of Danieal Manning. #Texans
View details ·

Rick Smith just told Vandermeer that Ed Reed gives us flexibility because he can play inside like Swearinger. No follow up from Vandermeer.

Did anyone else see Ed Reed get hurdled again Sunday? When Manning went out, Shilo came in. We played both Reed & Keo deep. Some how, after the snap Keo ends up behind Jared Cook. After Cook catches the ball Keo chases him towards the sideline. Reed comes from up top to knock Cook out of bounds, dives at his knees, but Jared Hurdles, Keo is slowed even more by Reed rolling around in front of him, Jared scores.

Back