Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

"UNOFFICIAL" Texans Vs Colts 2 Game Day Thread

Absolutely right call. Force the TD. Now, if up by 3 then go for it. They are not too good in short yardage anyway. and if they turn over on downs and lose on FG it would be inexcusable. You all would be screaming for BOB's head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly my line of thinking at the time.

Boomer Esiason just said the Colts lost the game and handed to the Texans. Think he's right or did the Texans play better?

This game went pretty much the same as the last two against the Colts. Put the kabosh on Hilton, let Luck dink & dunk, own the clock. twice... maybe it's a fluke... maybe. Three times & you gotta think it was orchestrated.

Absolutely right call. Force the TD. Now, if up by 3 then go for it. They are not too good in short yardage anyway. and if they turn over on downs and lose on FG it would be inexcusable. You all would be screaming for BOB's head.

Yeah, FG was the right call, make the other team earn it.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

31707994.jpg

Reactions: JB
I was debating what the right call was that 4th&1. I wanted to go for it, but if we miss I felt we pretty much handed them the game - giving them the ball with a chance to win with a field goal. So, when they went for the field goal, I didn't have a problem and thought it was probably the correct decision. Either way, if it doesn't work out everyone will second guess and say it was the wrong decision.
I was wringing my hands over the same decision. There were 6 inches to go and still about 3 minutes left. If you run QB sneak you can't fail. If you were going to hand the ball off 9 yards deep in the backfield and give the 11-men-in-the-box defense time to penetrate, you jolly well better kick the field goal instead. In other words it was the correct call if you have a mullet for a coach.

I like how tight he's been on coverage when he plays. He needs to get his head around looking for the ball to avoid those calls but I like his potential and definitely plays better than Charles James.

Who was it we had that would never look? Ex cowpie... Broke his leg....

Had to listen to the game while driving. Sounded like we were ass yet again. Nice to hear that Clowney strip though. Finally did something Watt/Mack-esque.

I like how tight he's been on coverage when he plays. He needs to get his head around looking for the ball to avoid those calls but I like his potential and definitely plays better than Charles James.
He is an inexperienced DB, not looking for the ball is a common problem at his experience level. That is something that can be coached. He learns that he could end up being a very good corner.

Back