Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Two things at the same time...

BigBen

Practice Squad
610 was wondering why people hated Easterby so much that they couldn't give Mills any credit. I can do both. I like the progress that Mills has made and he has been a pleasant surprise this year. I do think getting Easterby out would remove a huge black cloud over the franchise for a lot of people and I like where Mills is at! He will start next year and by the end of next year we will know if QB is high on the priority list.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
They were saying that last week. I don't believe it. I've not talked to anyone down on Mills because of Easterby. All the criticism of Mills is because he's Mills.
Agreed,

But there's a faction of fans out there, (Not you) that blame Easterby for the Derrick mess. (Wrongfully IMHO)

Alot of these same fans are the same fans that dont want to see Mills succeed because they want to see Cal/Easterby/Caserio fail because they didn't have Derrick's back when the allegations 1st surfaced. (Again the Texans org did the right thing and Cal was smart enough to listen to Caserio, which is why Derrick is still on the roster.)

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Agreed,

But there's a faction of fans out there, (Not you) that blame Easterby for the Derrick mess. (Wrongfully IMHO)

Alot of these same fans are the same fans that dont want to see Mills succeed because they want to see Cal/Easterby/Caserio fail because they didn't have Derrick's back when the allegations 1st surfaced. (Again the Texans org did the right thing and Cal was smart enough to listen to Caserio, which is why Derrick is still on the roster.)
Sounds very similar to those fans that didn't want to see Watson succeed from the start because they wanted Rick Smith to fail.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Sounds very similar to those fans that didn't want to see Watson succeed from the start because they wanted Rick Smith to fail.
If you're implying that this is me, then you're dead wrong. Personally I just want the Texans to bring a Lombardi to Kirby in my lifetime. I dont care who the GM/QB is.

Although there's a bit of a difference with a GM that had been on the job for 12 yrs vs a GM that's been on the job for less than 1 yr.

Also I consider a 12 yr run without even an AFCCG to be a failure. I didn't have to wish for that, it is what it was and there was going to be no championships from a GM that put the political game above what his main job should've been. (Finding talent to bring a contender to Kirby on a consistent basis.)

Last edited:

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Agreed,

I disagree. They should've made him play of get in his money. Paying him to do nothing made no sense to me. He wasn't going to fake an injury because you can stress test those things. If he refused, which we saw him come to camp to avoid fines so he values his money. Nobody is blaming Esterby for Watson per se, its more of blaming Cal for choosing Esterby over Watson. I like Mills, but my criticism of him has nothing to do with Esterby.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I disagree. They should've made him play of get in his money. Paying him to do nothing made no sense to me. He wasn't going to fake an injury because you can stress test those things. If he refused, which we saw him come to camp to avoid fines so he values his money. Nobody is blaming Esterby for Watson per se, its more of blaming Cal for choosing Esterby over Watson. I like Mills, but my criticism of him has nothing to do with Esterby.
Ramsey did exactly what you say Derrick wouldn't do. You must think alot more highly of Derrick's character than I do.

Cal made the right choice choosing Easterby and Caserio over Derrick. I shudder to think what would've happened if Cal had done what if he had done what Derrick wanted him to do.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Ramsey did exactly what you say Derrick wouldn't do. You must think alot more highly of Derrick's character than I do.

Cal made the right choice choosing Easterby and Caserio over Derrick. I shudder to think what would've happened if Cal had done what if he had done what Derrick wanted him to do.
You're probably the only person on this board who believes that. I guess it was the proper choice choosing Esterbe over Hopkins and Watt also? Both of which you got basically nothing for?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You're probably the only person on this board who believes that. I guess it was the proper choice choosing Esterbe over Hopkins and Watt also? Both of which you got basically nothing for?
He didn't choose Easterby over Hopkins or Watt.

We've discussed why Hopkins was traded and that was directly related to Derrick. The McNair's did Watt a favor by releasing him. It was the right personnel move too. You cant be paying a guy that is a shell of his former self and paying him 19 mil would've been flat out dumb.

Are you saying you would still like Derrick to be the QB of the Houston Texans?

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
He didn't choose Easterby over Hopkins or Watt.

We've discussed why Hopkins was traded and that was directly related to Derrick. The McNair's did Watt a favor by releasing him. It was the right personnel move too. You cant be paying a guy that is a shell of his former self and paying him 19 mil would've been flat out dumb.

Are you saying you would still like Derrick to be the QB of the Houston Texans?
See, that's where I disagree with your speculation. Listen, anybody can be traded at anytime, but you don't trade a top 3 wr and your qbs favorite target for a washed up running back and a 2nd rd pick. You should've been adding Cooks with Hopkins and still keeping an oft injured Fuller. Why the Broncos didn't release Von Miller? They could've traded Watt to the team of his choice with a new deal and get compensation. Von Miller has been injured and not as productive and they got real compensation, a 2nd and a 3rd. Thats bad organizational moves among the other things.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
See, that's where I disagree with your speculation. Listen, anybody can be traded at anytime, but you don't trade a top 3 wr and your qbs favorite target for a washed up running back and a 2nd rd pick. You should've been adding Cooks with Hopkins and still keeping an oft injured Fuller. Why the Broncos didn't release Von Miller? They could've traded Watt to the team of his choice with a new deal and get compensation. Von Miller has been injured and not as productive and they got real compensation, a 2nd and a 3rd. Thats bad organizational moves among the other things.
You do if ownership tells you too. Like I said, I would'e held onto Hopkins for 1 more yr. I also would'e made the Cooks trade and let go of WFV and drafted a slot WR like Renfro. Right now as a late rd pick I'm hoping Caserio takes a hance on a slot guy like Britain Covey or Slade Bolden to go with Cooks/Collins and hopefully a solid WR2 in FA. (James Washington is my guy) Gotta remake the WR corps and give Mills some weapons.

Disagree that they were going to get crap for Watt injuryprone at 19 mil. Watt hasn't even been Miller in yrs.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
You do if ownership tells you too. Like I said, I would'e held onto Hopkins for 1 more yr. I also would'e made the Cooks trade and let go of WFV and drafted a slot WR like Renfro. Right now as a late rd pick I'm hoping Caserio takes a hance on a slot guy like Britain Covey or Slade Bolden to go with Cooks/Collins and hopefully a solid WR2 in FA. (James Washington is my guy) Gotta remake the WR corps and give Mills some weapons.

Disagree that they were going to get crap for Watt injuryprone at 19 mil. Watt hasn't even been Miller in yrs.
Von didn't even play in 2020. They should've let the incoming gm decide what to do with JJ who was healthy. The Cardinals signed JJ for the same money he was due. So to say they were going to get crap when Cardinals gave him basically 16m per year means he had action.
Everyone wants this so called slot guy, but you can work that same angle with a te or rb, but of course Kelly nor OB doesn't know how to design crap.