Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TTalk Pick 'Em/Survivor is up and ready

Showtime100

Got JJ?
I just created FOUR leagues for this season (IT'S HERE!) and I hope we get mass quantities of participants.

Each year we have this and that. This year I decided why not, let's have each game and hopefully we get plenty of players for each.

The games are:

Regular pick 'em, just straight up picking the winners. Pick 'em with the points spread to consider. Pick 'em with confidence points as a determining factor, and, of course, survivor.

I think all are familiar with the different variations, but I don't know how many are familiar with the game with confidence points. Simple. If there are 16 games you can place a number of points, confidence points, from 1-16, on each game. Example: If the best team in the league is playing the worst team, place 16 points on that game (or a high amount depending on your feelings of the game). The game you consider the next easiest call to make you might want to put 15 on that..etc..etc. The hard games to predict you would want to spend a low amount of points on given the risk of being wrong. If you have questions I believe there is a help section or please ask here. Myself or another player, I'm sure, would be happy to help.

If you dare, here are the codes to join. Just copy down the Group ID's and Passwords. If so inclined, PM me with your email and I'll invite you.

Pick 'em (straight picks):

Name: TexansTalk (not necessary info, fyi)
Group ID: 38982
Password: 201501

Pick 'em Confidence Points

Name: TexansTalk Confidence Pts
Group ID: 38987
Password: 201502

Pick 'em Spread

Name: TexansTalk Pts Spread
Group ID: 38990
Password: 201503

Survivor

Name: TexansTalk Survivor
Group ID: 20285
Password: 201504

I hope to see a lot of folks! Let's do it.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Where do you go to join? I'm looking all over Yahoo Fantasy and I cannot find any way to join an existing league.

TD

Super Bowl Mascot
Signed up. The problem with not renewing though is that prior year invites don't go out in email.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
Just bumping the thread. Btw, Clyde Lewis is the biggest moron on the planet. Wow, new to the show, old to the show.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
One more bump and then I'll quit. Kind of a light turn out this year. I would have thought with all the "insiders" on the board they might want to prove their football intelligence. :stirpot: :tease:

Porky

Hall of Fame
I joined all of them. I'm the Flying Pigs on all of them I think. Now if I can just figure out how to find them all easily lol.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
I joined all of them. I'm the Flying Pigs on all of them I think. Now if I can just figure out how to find them all easily lol.
And I thought I was the only one. Yeah, I just bookmarked one of them and that'll do. But not before going to the Yahoo Football Fantasy page and realizing that red "fantasy" tab isn't in the top right corner that'll get you to your teams...lol.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Man, I really suck at the point spread game. I'll keep playing, of course, but my goal will be to not be dead last by the end of the season. :D

The confidence points game is crazy, too. It's tough to figure out which games I'd consider a lock. Obviously anyone playing the Browns or Jags, but beyond those two, parity is rampant in the league with few exceptions (obviously those teams that have great QBs).

TD

Super Bowl Mascot
Week 1 is a total crap shoot. Week 2 isn't much better. Takes a few games to see how the teams look.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Week 1 is a total crap shoot. Week 2 isn't much better. Takes a few games to see how the teams look.
Well I hope my luck holds out in week 2 and 3 before the rest of you guys figure out what's what and who's who.
:D

Reactions: TD

JCTexan

Hall of Fame
What an awful week in survivor. Five of the top six teams got beat and only one person made it through without getting a strike.

JCTexan

Hall of Fame
I did better this week but I'm still not 100% in sync with my picks. I had Buffalo over Miami with pretty solid confidence (9), but for some boneheaded reason I took Miami in the spread to win by more than 2.5. That's probably the type of logic that has me going 11-4 in pick-em but only getting 5 right in the spread.

JCTexan

Hall of Fame
Tonight's game is a perfect example of why I don't gamble on sports. I would say I made the correct pick going with Pittsburgh. They had the game won but their coach went too conservative and their kicker couldn't get one through the uprights. They were the better team tonight but they handed that game to Baltimore at the end.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
Just a little shout as we are virtually half way through the season (damn, football season flies by).

There are multiple games, but I'll just focus on the straight up pick 'em game.

Double Barrel went 14-2 in Week 3, then last week Lucky Guess went 13-1. Nice, I haven't scored that well in quite sometime. Especially considering the many Jekyll and Hyde teams this year.

Also, honorable mention goes to Playa465 for an awesome 12-2 Week 7.

Obsi, if you'd have gotten your picks in each week you'd be in first place. Damnit son!

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
I'm already done in Survivor. 2 of 3 strikes involved New Orleans. Both Atlanta and N.O. can kiss my entire ass. :D :D
I was eliminated in week 6. Basically, I would have fared better throwing darts at the schedule. Which will be my strategy in 2016.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Just a little shout as we are virtually half way through the season (damn, football season flies by).

There are multiple games, but I'll just focus on the straight up pick 'em game.

Double Barrel went 14-2 in Week 3, then last week Lucky Guess went 13-1. Nice, I haven't scored that well in quite sometime. Especially considering the many Jekyll and Hyde teams this year.

Also, honorable mention goes to Playa465 for an awesome 12-2 Week 7.

Obsi, if you'd have gotten your picks in each week you'd be in first place. Damnit son!
Yeah.... I know....
:toropalm:

JCTexan

Hall of Fame
After the slate of games today, I will readily admit to knowing nothing about NFL football. I went 4-8 picking games today and two of those wins came down to the final minute (TB & NE).

In survival: Green Bay, after having two straight losses on the road, came into an easy home game against a 1-7 Detroit team that hadn't beaten them in Green Bay since 1991, and yet they somehow found a way to lose their third straight. I thought for sure Green Bay would get through this game with ease. Thankfully, everyone else went down with me this week and I was one of only two that had a strike to play with.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
After the slate of games today, I will readily admit to knowing nothing about NFL football. I went 4-8 picking games today and two of those wins came down to the final minute (TB & NE).

In survival: Green Bay, after having two straight losses on the road, came into an easy home game against a 1-7 Detroit team that hadn't beaten them in Green Bay since 1991, and yet they somehow found a way to lose their third straight. I thought for sure Green Bay would get through this game with ease. Thankfully, everyone else went down with me this week and I was one of only two that had a strike to play with.
Yeah, absolute carnage. Weasel, my ex and current, was the other one that bowed out in survival this week. What a painful week. However, I'll take an unlikely win for the Texans in primetime (or any time) against my record any day.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
You know, there are times when you have to just smile and admit you can't get a clue picking teams in a given year.

Is it me, or is this year tricky as all get-out?

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
You know, there are times when you have to just smile and admit you can't get a clue picking teams in a given year.

Partner, trust me, it ain't just you.
I mean who foresaw Oakland beating Denver yesterday??

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club

This has been the toughest year to predict the outcomes. It's whacky!

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Congrats to HOU-TEX and kmg 365 for their dual championship in the Pick 'em League! Yet another dual champion with Texans Talk! :thumbup

Congrats to kmg 365 as Confidence Points Champion AND TexansTalk PTS Spread Champion! You had quite the year with all three of our leagues. (btw, who is kmg 365 on the forum?...)

JCTexan

Hall of Fame
Congrats to HOU-TEX and kmg 365 for their dual championship in the Pick 'em League! Yet another dual champion with Texans Talk! :thumbup

Congrats to kmg 365 as Confidence Points Champion AND TexansTalk PTS Spread Champion! You had quite the year with all three of our leagues. (btw, who is kmg 365 on the forum?...)
Post #19 of this thread:
Joined all four games. Thanks for running them.
Congrats to him on winning all of our pick 'em leagues.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Somebody should set up the 2016 Survivor and Pick'em leagues asap so we can get as many on-board as we can. These are my favorite leagues because they do not require a huge investment of time from week to week.

And thanks to whoever ends up setting them up! :)

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
And somebody should edit the title of this thread or start a new one when the leagues are set up. I thought we were ready to roll.
:)

Porky

Hall of Fame
Somebody should set up the 2016 Survivor and Pick'em leagues asap so we can get as many on-board as we can. These are my favorite leagues because they do not require a huge investment of time from week to week.

And thanks to whoever ends up setting them up! :)
And that somebody should be you sir!

I won the survivor one last year. I'd like to protect my crown!