Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Trying to get to 7

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
6 games left. We’re probably dogs in every one. Colts x2 and Titans are the toughest games left on the schedule.

I understand some of you don’t want us to make the playoffs, I get that. Still, this is the path we’re on.

Miami, Baltimore, Las Vegas, Denver, & New England are ahead of us & the Chargers are on our heels.

Miami just lost to Denver
Baltimore lost to Tennessee
Las Vegas lost a barn burner to KC
& New England just lost to a bad team

Houston @ Detroit
Miami @ Jets
Ravens @ Steelers
Las Vegas @ Falcons
Saints @ Broncos
Cardinals @ Patriots
Chargers @ Bills

This could be a good week to make up ground

Last edited:
2 things. We have to beat either the Colts in 1 of the 2 we still have left with them......or win the home Titans game to get to 7 which i suppose is possible if Tenn decides to rest up for the playoffs in the last game.

The second thing is we have to sweep CHI, DET & Cincy. DET and Cincy ok, very possible, CHI........i doubt & it has nothing to do with how good CHI is but more the weather. We're gonna have to go up their in December....cold as ****..probably windy as all hell..which means we won't be able to pass it as good...we'll have to............................run the ball......:smiliepalm:

2 things. We have to beat either the Colts in 1 of the 2 we still have left with them......or win the home Titans game to get to 7 which i suppose is possible if Tenn decides to rest up for the playoffs in the last game.

The second thing is we have to sweep CHI, DET & Cincy. DET and Cincy ok, very possible, CHI........i doubt & it has nothing to do with how good CHI is but more the weather. We're gonna have to go up their in December....cold as ****..probably windy as all hell..which means we won't be able to pass it as good...we'll have to............................run the ball......:smiliepalm:

Ugh. This has Cleveland written all over it again. The best I can hope for is Texans learned something on how to win these games. And believe it or not, the Bears offense isn't as good as the Browns.

I want to see it, provided it doesnt give Cal ideas that we are "on the right track".

I love my Texans even if all I do lately is rag on them. That comes from win or lose, they are my team and I will derive entertainment from them.

I prefer competent competitive football, but ya work with what ya got.

I dont expect them to realistically do anything in the playoffs, but without any real silverlining to an abysmal season.... I say run the board, dominate the playoffs, win the SB.... if not for the city of Houston... to give Miami the finger.

playoffs? For what purpose? To be blown out 60-7 by the chiefs?

P stands for putrid, pathetic, and puzzification.

Let’s casually see how this goes. I think we want Tenn to beat Indy this week. We still play Indy twice and they have a slightly tougher schedule.

This week we want Tennessee, Chargers, Jags, Falcons, Steelers, and Jets to win.

The above assumes we have a chance at the Division Title, we don't. A Wildcard is our only hope. There are 3 Wildcards in each Conference, so if we get 9 wins, we should definitely make the playoffs. The most likely is 8 wins and we still have a chance to make it.

Not sure I have it in me to root Titans over Colts.

Not even when I am confident in the Texans.

Seeing the Titans miss the title of AFCS is a close second place to seeing the Texans take it.

playoffs? For what purpose? To be blown out 60-7 by the chiefs?

P stands for putrid, pathetic, and puzzification.

No to build upon. Make the playoffs and we’re talking about a confidence booster going into the next season.

Last edited:
Winning is a habit. We need to get the stink of losing off this team.
Two thoughts from me

1-Without 1st and 2nd round picks, the Texans have little to no reason, not to win as many football games as possible.
2- It is possible that the GMs/coaches considering the Texans would rather a team closing strong than one that rolls over like dogs

The above assumes we have a chance at the Division Title, we don't. A Wildcard is our only hope. There are 3 Wildcards in each Conference, so if we get 9 wins, we should definitely make the playoffs. The most likely is 8 wins and we still have a chance to make it.

Actually there is the remote possibility that the Texans win the division .... mathematically possible even if unrealistic.

Houston @ Detroit
Miami @ Jets
Ravens @ Steelers
Las Vegas @ Falcons
Saints @ Broncos
Cardinals @ Patriots
Chargers @ Bills

This could be a good week to make up ground
Just asking for a little help.

You should get your wish this week ....

Ravens , Bronco's , Pats & Chargers should be dogs.

Colts need to beat the Titans ... Titans are dogs on the road.

We only lost one division game. If we beat the Colts twice and the Titans. That would put us at 5-1 and more n likely the division title.

Right.

Their only divisional loss so far is to the Titans - If they win out they'd beat the Colts twice and split with the Titans , having already beat the Jags twice. That would give them the first tie breaker if the Titans or Colts finished with 9 or fewer wins.

Anything above 9 wins , the Texans have to hope for help in the wildcard race and they are behind 5 teams for the final spot. They have to hope that the Raiders , Ravens and Dolphins fall apart at the seams. All three are 6-4. Don't see them getting any help today with the Dolphins getting the Jets and Raiders getting Atlanta tho the Ravens get the Steelers and they don't have a QB not in covid protocol.

2020 NFL Playoff Picture | NFL

All 4 wins are against sub .500 teams. 4 of their remaining 5 are currently .500 or better. I'd like to see how they handle at least one of those before entertaining mathematical probabilities. Hell, even the Jets are mathematically alive.

All 4 wins are against sub .500 teams. 4 of their remaining 5 are currently .500 or better. I'd like to see how they handle at least one of those before entertaining mathematical probabilities. Hell, even the Jets are mathematically alive.
No doubt about it. Chances are slimmer than slim. For all intents & purposes, it's over.

But it is what it is & we are where we are. This is just another thing to talk about if you want to break away from the other monotonous conversations on the board.

After week 11 the Titans were 5-5 last season

After week 11 the Colts were 5-5 in 2018.

They both won Wildcard slots. Titans advanced to the AFCCG.

In 2020 we were 3-7 after week 11.

Ok, so there are no similarities between our team & theirs. & we're not advancing to the AFCCG if we do get in. But with the extra playoff spot, we can keep this complain train going into January.

After week 11 the Titans were 5-5 last season

After week 11 the Colts were 5-5 in 2018.

They both won Wildcard slots. Titans advanced to the AFCCG.

In 2020 we were 3-7 after week 11.

Ok, so there are no similarities between our team & theirs. & we're not advancing to the AFCCG if we do get in. But with the extra playoff spot, we can keep this complain train going into January.

There were also just 2 teams ahead of the Titans for a WC spot after week 11 last year, just 1 team ahead of the Colts 2 years ago. Both those teams were also within 2 games of the division.

There were 7 teams ahead of the Texans coming into week 12, and they were 4 games out of the division race.

Back