Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Trade with Buffalo?

Would you trade our #8 pick for Buffalo's #12 pick and Willis McGahee?

The reality is our RBs are horrible. Peterson will be gone at #8, and Lynch isn't worth the #8 pick. And I think many of the players we are looking at #8 would still be there at #12.

In this scenario we pick up a young franchise back, and slide back to #12 which would be a great spot to draft Levi Brown.

We might even be able to get Buffalo to throw in another pick...

Thoughts?

if that trade were to happen, i would first crap my pants with joy and then second make sure the buffalo GM gets admitted to a mental hospital

Would you trade our #8 pick for Buffalo's #12 pick and Willis McGahee?

The reality is our RBs are horrible. Peterson will be gone at #8, and Lynch isn't worth the #8 pick. And I think many of the players we are looking at #8 would still be there at #12.

In this scenario we pick up a young franchise back, and slide back to #12 which would be a great spot to draft Levi Brown.

We might even be able to get Buffalo to throw in another pick...

Thoughts?

HOLD ON now! This guy can move and has great side to side movement, he reminds me of a faster Domanick Williams with some more PUNCH. I always said Domanick would be one of the best in the NFL if he was faster, it was not easy to bring DW down.

Me personally would like to see Levi Brown drafted here, he looked very good to me, moves very well for his size and looks like a nasty dude. Take Levi trade our 2nd for Willis, snagg a couple of the FA Olineman-Eric Stienbach, Chris Dielman or Leonard Davis, MAN! might have fixd the line in 1 swoop.

OF NOTE---- I like that Arkansa CB, Houston was it? that guy can straight play in press coverage, and is built like a saftey. Think he will be gone by the 3rd draft dudes?

I would make the trade in a heartbeat if I were the Texans. The question is why would Buffalo offer such a trade?

Well maybe not that exact trade, but something along those lines. Maybe include some other picks or players to make it fair for both sides. But McGahee wants out of Buffalo.

I seriously doubt that buffalo would want to make this deal.

i seriously doubt the Texans would want to make this deal. McGahee is a headache, his contract is up next year, and (according to zeirlein's NFL blog) his running style doesnt fit the "one-cut" system that the team runs. oh yeah...his agent is drew rosenhaus. i'll pass.

You'd make that trade in a heartbeat. Willis is alot better than he played last year and would be a steal for the Texans who could then take Levi Jones at the next spot.

I'd take Willis McGahee and Levi Jones over Adrian Peterson anyday. Or whomever ended up at 8

You'd make that trade in a heartbeat. Willis is alot better than he played last year and would be a steal for the Texans who could then take Levi Jones at the next spot.

I'd take Willis McGahee and Levi Jones over Adrian Peterson anyday. Or whomever ended up at 8

I do agree, but there is no guarantee that Levi will be there at 12...

secondly, I don't believe McGahee is a headache... but I do believe this is a move to get more money... I don't necessarily see a problem with that, if the player has produced..... especially a good player on a poor team.

But, him missing 3 games over the last two seasons makes me question his decision to make this move now..... sounds awful Rosenhouse to me.

I don't believe he really wants to leave Buffalo, I don't believe he thinks Buffalo will ever let him go, & I don't believe Buffalo will.

I don't think we should involve ourselves in this..... McGahee would simply be toying with us to get Buffalo to pony up.

I don't believe he really wants to leave Buffalo, I don't believe he thinks Buffalo will ever let him go, & I don't believe Buffalo will.

I don't think we should involve ourselves in this..... McGahee would simply be toying with us to get Buffalo to pony up.

Kind of like Orlando Pace did last year. Man, NOBODY wants to play for the Texans. Last year it was Givens and Hope who picked the Titans over us. This year, Clements is picking Tennessee over us. Is it a wonder why ESPN doesn't waste their time talking about Houston during the season? I think not.

I would make the trade in a heartbeat if I were the Texans. The question is why would Buffalo offer such a trade?

One of these days you guys are going to get tired of drowning in dead cap dollars for someone else's grabage. Exactly, Why are they willing this ? To unload cap dollars and rebuild their two lines. Something we should be doing this draft. First it was Turner & Schaub now it's Willis. We're never going to get better doing this. They are dangeling him out there for a reason TK. There's a new sherrif in towne in Buffalo. The guy knows what he's doing. I'm sure the price is going to be chaep to any sole who'll get them off the cap hook. Same thing is going on in Atlanta with Vick. If they could find a fool to take Vick off their hands, they'd pull the trigger quick befor the sucker got back to the phone and cancelled the check.

One of these days you guys are going to get tired of drowning in dead cap dollars for someone else's grabage. Exactly, Why are they willing this ? To unload cap dollars and rebuild their two lines. Something we should be doing this draft. First it was Turner & Schaub now it's Willis. We're never going to get better doing this. They are dangeling him out there for a reason TK. There's a new sherrif in towne in Buffalo. The guy knows what he's doing. I'm sure the price is going to be chaep to any sole who'll get them off the cap hook. Same thing is going on in Atlanta with Vick. If they could find a fool to take Vick off their hands, they'd pull the trigger quick befor the sucker got back to the phone and cancelled the check.

agree

Except he is asking to be traded. Had he not asked, they would not be dangling. Like another poster mentioned, this has Rosenhause written all over it.

Except he is asking to be traded. Had he not asked, they would not be dangling. Like another poster mentioned, this has Rosenhause written all over it.

hey, go look at a new thread in the Pen. Some guy wants Trent Green to come to Houston to compete with DC in camp. Do you like the idea? Me neither.

if that trade were to happen, i would first crap my pants with joy and then second make sure the buffalo GM gets admitted to a mental hospital

Probably not too far off on the mental hospital analogy. Marv Levy is what? 90 years old?

From the Bills website:

Calling no player "untouchable," Bills coach Dick Jauron said the team would consider trade offers for RB Willis McGahee. "It's in our best interest to listen to everybody, and no people are untouchable," Jauron said. "He's a good back. He's our starting running back right now. It's no surprise to me at all that people are interested." Asked specifically if McGahee is on the trading block, Jauron said: "Well, people talk. People talk in the league all the time." McGahee has one year left on his current deal; the New York Giants have publicly expressed an interest in acquiring McGahee.
(Updated 02/27/2007).

Could we be interested in a Carr and 2 or 3rd round pick for him? Freeing up room for a QB or OL in the draft over a RB?

The FO has said several times that they will not be trading draft picks, and I tend to beleive them. So, no I don't think we would interested if teh price is a draft pick, and I don't think we have anything to offer the Bills in a player swap trade.

Because he wants someone to pay him sixty million dollars with a twenty something million in garauntied money bonus...and Marvin Levi told him and Drew not no...but He77 no !! Go look some where else. Find a trading partner boys.

Back