Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Trade: The Texans Acquire Blake Cashman

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Bad example. Foster was a UDFA, so using him as an example, we don't need any picks at all to acquire an all pro player. So that 6th matters even less lol

Available in 6. I disagree COMPLETELY.

powda

It's an opinion. Statistically, the odds of a known commodity making the team are much more than a 6th round rookie despite the outliers you've found in your Google searches

Keep mixing and matching words. I'll just keep posting players until you realize guys in the 6th round and beyond have value...

powda

So a single 6th rounder over two decades ago turned in to a hall of fame player vs how many 6th rounders flipping burgers now in that same time span?
Are you contradicting yourself?

michaelm

vox nihili
I'll make this easy for you:

Do you think players in the 6th round and beyond have value?
Already answered that question but yes I think they can.
But not always. At a 30-35% rate.
Do you think a player who is a know commodity, and has proven his ability to play at an NFL level has no value?

powda

Already answered that question but yes I think they can.
But not always. At a 30-35% rate.
Do you think a player who is a know commodity, and has proven his ability to play at an NFL level has no value?

Has Brian Cashman shown value superseding all potential players in the 6th round and beyond?

michaelm

vox nihili
I'll make this easy for you:

Do you think players in the 6th round and beyond have value?
Let me put it this way.

The probability of me getting a player who makes the team by trading a 6th round pick for a known commodity is roughly 65-70% better than yours, if you use that same pick in the draft.

powda

Lemme guess, you're a lotto player lol

Meant in jest obviously people win the lotto

Odds on finding a decent player in the 6th or beyond are much better. Thanks for stretching though.

michaelm

vox nihili
Odds on finding a decent player in the 6th or beyond are much better. Thanks for stretching though.
Yeah but I'm responding to your post of a picture of Tom Brady. Not just some decent player.
Brady in the 6th is less common than even winning the lotto

powda

Yeah but I'm responding to your post of a picture of Tom Brady. Not just some decent player.
Brady in the 6th is less common than even winning the lotto
So you agree 6th rd picks and beyond have value?

michaelm

vox nihili
So you agree 6th rd picks and beyond have value?
You seem to be making the argument that a team should literally never trade for another player if that player isn't hall of fame caliber.

I mean, that pick could turn into a hall of famer in the draft, so why would you ever waste it on a mere contributior?

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Meh, Im a fan that would prefer accountability over arguing to keep or trade away picks.

Both have their examples of success and failure so arguing either is a stalemate at best considering nether side is likely to change their mind. Both could be right or wrong.

I just dont want someone to be given 43 years and every hat there is to wear when it doesnt work.

michaelm

vox nihili
Would you like me to post more players to rebute your misguided opinion?
No, I'd like you to respond to the fact that you have only a 30-35% chance of drafting a player who even makes a roster with that pick.
I'd also like you to answer my earlier post about your apparent opinion that teams should never trade any picks for players because they are missing out on drafting hall of farmers with those picks.
Instead of responding to my post, you asked a question for the third time that I'd already answered twice

powda

No, I'd like you to respond to the fact that you have only a 30-35% chance of drafting a player who even makes a roster with that pick.
I'd also like you to answer my earlier post about your apparent opinion that teams should never trade any picks for players because they are missing out on drafting hall of farmers with those picks.
Instead of responding to my post, you asked a question for the third time that I'd already answered twice

35% sounds like great odds. I thought it was less. Was that your argument against late picks?

michaelm

vox nihili
35% sounds like great odds. I thought it was less. Was that your argument against late picks?
No it was a comparison to the virtual 100% chance of getting a player who is good enough for the NFL by trading for him.

I asked this before in a different way.
I take it that you disagree with every trade in NFL history that involved a draft pick?

I mean why would you ever trade any pick for a mere player when the odds of drafting a hall of famer are incredibly high according to your own evidence?

powda

You seem to be all wound up about trading a (ahem) sixth round pick - forgetting we have 8 other picks - at this point in time.🙄

I don't care how many other picks we have. If we're wasting 6's on guys we later cut its a loss.

I don't understand why that's hard for anyone to understand.

Texian

Hall of Fame
A 6th RD pick for Texans has much higher % of making the team than they would most other teams. Have you seen the roster? Have you seen the FAs be signed? Lovie has said the way to rebuild the team is thru the draft and supplement thru FA. I don't expect the Texans will be using 10 draft picks to draft 5 players this year like they did last year.

powda

A 6th RD pick for Texans has much higher % of making the team than they would most other teams. Have you seen the roster? Have you seen the FAs be signed? Lovie has said the way to rebuild the team is thru the draft and supplement thru FA. I don't expect the Texans will be using 10 draft picks to draft 5 players this year like they did last year.

That's a strong point and simple enough for these clowns to understand. I hope.