Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Trade advice

Hardcore Texan

Magnet Man
I have been offerred Ben Watson - TE and Steve Breaston WR for Glenn Coffee.

What do you think?

I have gotten off to a rough start so far but I think my team is pretty good and I can rebound. However RB is not a real strong point this week. I just cut Jamal Lewis, Michael Turner is on a bye, and Portis is dinged up. Right now I am starting Portis and Coffee. I picked up Jerome Harrison to stash on the bench in case he does something with Lewis going down, it's just a roster spot on a flyer at this point but the waiver wire is thin so it was him or Ricky Williams. If Portis can't go I will have to start Coffee and Harrison.....which scares me.

Anyway, I don't think the offer is worth it even if I wasn't hurting at RB. And my WR's are:

Lee Evans
Percy Harvin
Santana Moss
Desean Jackson

Not a bad group.

On a side note, if you need a fill in defense, I think the 49ers and Bears are nice bye week replacements and are probably available. I going with the 49ers and benching the Jets since they have to go into NO and face that offense. On the QB side, I think Kerry Collins will put up a nice game too, good bye week replacement there as well. JMHO.

I woudn't take that trade... With Gore being out for at least 3 weeks Coffee should put up some good numbers. I don't buy into the Watson being a strong TE option in fantasy, and Warner has been all over the place and dumping most of his passes to Hightower. Also I believe Coffe will be facing some pretty generous run def the next 4 weeks.

Just my opinion, but I def wouldn't take that trade

I woudn't take that trade... With Gore being out for at least 3 weeks Coffee should put up some good numbers. I don't buy into the Watson being a strong TE option in fantasy, and Warner has been all over the place and dumping most of his passes to Hightower. Also I believe Coffe will be facing some pretty generous run def the next 4 weeks.

Just my opinion, but I def wouldn't take that trade

That's the way I feel, the only thing that could offset that is after these three weeks if he gets benched, but still Breaston is decent if you need to have a wr on a bye week, and I pretty much agree about watson. I didnt' like the trade really from the first moment but I don't get many offers so I like to make sure I am not considering everything.

#1 no to the trade. Coffee's value is greater than that even when he is NOT starting.

#2 pick up Ricky Williams. He gets yards each and a TD every other game. A decent flex option if you are in dire need.

I wouldn't do the trade either, Hardcore, for the reasons others mentioned plus the fact that Coffee is going against the Rams this week. I reckon he should rack up some points this week.

On a side note, if you need a fill in defense, I think the 49ers and Bears are nice bye week replacements and are probably available. I going with the 49ers and benching the Jets since they have to go into NO and face that offense. On the QB side, I think Kerry Collins will put up a nice game too, good bye week replacement there as well. JMHO.

I just picked up the 49ers DST. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for 'em.

With the season I'm having, I expect Boller to have a career day.

#1 no to the trade. Coffee's value is greater than that even when he is NOT starting.

#2 pick up Ricky Williams. He gets yards each and a TD every other game. A decent flex option if you are in dire need.

I would have to dump Harrison or wait until after sunday when I may make a drop. that was the toss up take a flyer on Harrison or Williams, I started to go with Williams, I really did but Harrison has a nice match up against cincy this week.

I say nay...Watson is never going to be Brady's number one target for short completions with Welker doing his stuff there. With Wes back in the starting lineup, I expect Watson's productivity to be kept low.

Its a no trader.

When Welker comes back. Watson will not be the number one guy. Breaston is a third or fourth receiver. This dude that is trying to make the trade just sees San Fran playing the Rams and wants the points. Coffee has more of a chance of being a contributor each week than those two offered.

I have been offerred Ben Watson - TE and Steve Breaston WR for Glenn Coffee.

What do you think?

I have gotten off to a rough start so far but I think my team is pretty good and I can rebound. However RB is not a real strong point this week. I just cut Jamal Lewis, Michael Turner is on a bye, and Portis is dinged up. Right now I am starting Portis and Coffee. I picked up Jerome Harrison to stash on the bench in case he does something with Lewis going down, it's just a roster spot on a flyer at this point but the waiver wire is thin so it was him or Ricky Williams. If Portis can't go I will have to start Coffee and Harrison.....which scares me.

Anyway, I don't think the offer is worth it even if I wasn't hurting at RB. And my WR's are:

Lee Evans
Percy Harvin
Santana Moss
Desean Jackson

Not a bad group.

Quoted for brilliance, I got 43 points from the 9'ers in both my money leagues and will most likely win both game as a result. :doot:

Back