Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Todd Wade

JustBonee

Veteran
Maybe this is one of those positions that you don't hear much about, until they do something wrong. But I haven't seen anything about Todd Wade since we got him from Miami ... only that many feel we overpaid. He is sure one giant of a guy @ 6-foot-8, 317 lbs.
Hope that he is liking it here and earns his keep on the team.

I've been watching him at practice, and my eyes almost bug out! He is ONE BIG DUDE!!! He towers above everyone. I saw him on a Channel 13 interview and he seems very happy to be in Houston. Time will tell about the rest, but, if I was DC, I would feel a lot more secure!

I have heard that Wade has easily looked the best of any of the lineman in camp so far, and looks like a stud at RT. Sorry, but I don't remember the source, but I think I saw that on TV, or heard it on the radio so take it FWIW.

There's a lot of heartburn here in South Florida (among fans and media) about Wade escaping to the Texans, but looking at the Dolphins' absurd offseason, it's not exactly surprising. The theme about "overpaying" for him is consistent, though, in local and national media. I think we're used to seeing the OTHER end of the offensive line get the big bucks.

The only ways to know if the Texans overpaid for him are 1) his play on the field and 2) how Houston manages his chunk of the salary cap in later years. And neither of those issues are gonna be quick answers!

From a personal standpoint, I do think he got paid a LOT, but I think that the market's dictating the price right now and (just as with Babin's draft) the Texans have demonstrated that they will be very aggressive if there's someone they really want--regardless of what everyone else is saying.

The Rams paid Turley more than we paid Wade. Granted, Wade hasn't had the success that Turley has had, but that's what the Texans are banking on happening right now.

We paid Wade what Runyan got 4 years ago.

Yes, it was a lot and yes the big money typically goes to the LT but it wasn't precedent setting. If anything, it was continuing a trend. Manage the cap well and it won't matter but when I look at the Walker, Wade, Smith deals collectively, I must admit I cringe just a bit.

There was a big article in the Chronicle the other day on Wade. Must have missed it Sassy.

He is one big dude, noticeably taller and more svelte than Wand.

This was already discussed in a earlier thread- Did the Texans overpay Wade ?

The consensus was yes, but well worth the risk :thumbup

Back