Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TJ Yates

Srsly. It's time to call FAVRE.

Why? You want a guy who failed miserably last year? Favre does not know Kubiak's offense and he is too arrogant to learn it. Look how poorly his stint in NYC went when he had to play in an offense that was not the one he was used to.

Srsly. It's time to call FAVRE.

Hell to the NO, I don't want that douche bag anywhere near this team. Yates was far from perfect but he showed some promise and potential to get the job done. Kubiak went ultra conservative on his play calling and made Yates look bad by putting him in predictable situations. Give the guy a chance. Sure he's going to stumble and have some growing pains but at least he knows the offense, knows the players, and seems to have the skill to play this game. He lacks experience and a team that believes in him.

Hell to the NO, I don't want that douche bag anywhere near this team. Yates was far from perfect but he showed some promise and potential to get the job done. Kubiak went ultra conservative on his play calling and made Yates look bad by putting him in predictable situations. Give the guy a chance. Sure he's going to stumble and have some growing pains but at least he knows the offense, knows the players, and seems to have the skill to play this game. He lacks experience and a team that believes in him.

Yates looked great. The offense bogged down due to Kubiak's conservatism, two dropped passes (OD, Foster)... and a lack of preparation for Yates, probably. If Leinart had looked like Yates did, I would've been excited going into December. I'm pumped, but Kubiak better be prepared to let Yates sling it.

Yates throws nice lookin passes, he definitely has the best arm on the team. He looked pretty good on that 2 minute drill. I guess he's the man now, no time like the present. I can't complain about a win but Kubiak could've let him have a throw or two more. The Jags D got the best of them because they knew it was going to be Arian Foster or nothing.

Well, I said after the draft that Yates was the pick I was most excited about for the long term. This is not the long term I envisioned. He needs some coaching, and will likely make a lot of mistakes. That said, what I saw today confirmed what I liked about him. He's got a live arm, he moves well in the pocket, and he stays poised under pressure. He also has a good release. I like his prospects a lot. This year? Well, I guess we'll find out, but I wish he'd had more time to learn.

All that said, it's time to get on board!

2011 Favre>2011 Yates
2011 K. Warner> 2011 Yates

Yates, the super rushed QB project. I believe he can takes to the playoffs. He looked good till Kubes went ULTRAMASSIVE conservative mode n didnt let him throw.

Yates, the super rushed QB project. I believe he can takes to the playoffs. He looked good till Kubes went ULTRAMASSIVE conservative mode n didnt let him throw.

I'm ok with Kubes keeping it conservative and sitting on our thin lead. If he had let Yates throw more and he threw a pick that cost us the game then we'd really have something to ***** about.

I'm ok with Kubes keeping it conservative and sitting on our thin lead. If he had let Yates throw more and he threw a pick that cost us the game then we'd really have something to ***** about.
As PO'd as guys are right now, there was gonna be a certain amount of bitching unless we won by 20 going away. This has been a rough few weeks for Texan fans.

nfl_u_yates_cr_576.jpg

I see he has Schaub's Shitty Picture of the Game routine down. :lol:

nfl_u_yates_cr_576.jpg

I see he has Schaub's Shitty Picture of the Game routine down. :lol:

That looks like he's doing the "field goal double check" instead of the "touchdown double check". You know....Rodger's touchdown move. NVM. Been watching to many football commercials today.

That looks like he's doing the "field goal double check" instead of the "touchdown double check". You know....Rodger's touchdown move. NVM. Been watching to many football commercials today.

"who do you think I am? Some summoner, that can just summon video on my phone?"

I lol everytime to that commercial. My wife always plans dinner when there is an important sporting event. Our wedding wass the day of the big UT-OSU game in 2006.

Those are spirit fingers! Handing off with some flare. Man, I like this guy.

"who do you think I am? Some summoner, that can just summon video on my phone?"

I lol everytime to that commercial. My wife always plans dinner when there is an important sporting event. Our wedding wass the day of the big UT-OSU game in 2006.
Ya know, there are reasons I'm on my 3rd not-so-friendly-fat wife. Mrs. 3rd understands my Texans addiction. That's a good thing for both of us. I have a house full of nerf balls and usually the wife and baby go elsewhere when the Texans play. It makes for a happy marriage.

The only GOOD thing I can say about this kid is that he DIDN'T throw any interceptions. WHAT THE VUGG WAS HE DOING OUT THERE?!

Yates was impressive, hopefully kubes will loosen the leash once we have another QB on the roster.
We seem to be going through them like kleenexes.

The only GOOD thing I can say about this kid is that he DIDN'T throw any interceptions. WHAT THE VUGG WAS HE DOING OUT THERE?!
He was playing quarteback. What did you think he was doing? yates looked pretty OK considering the circumstances and could do OK the rest of the year.

Couple things...

- I'm nervous about the qb situation, however TJ looked ready for the opportunity and showed some pretty good confidence out there.

- the pass to Andre was DOWNFIELD and a pretty ballsy throw to make and it was right where it needed to be.

- he has pretty good zip on the ball, which should be great off the play action. Which we had another burner WR for him to set up the deep ball. And his ball looks great in the air, tight spin, etc.

- he's pretty mobile too. Moreso than the Matt's. He will have some chances to take off too with our offense.

- Kubes played the lead in the second half, so you can't judge his gamerness right now. I really want to see what happens when the playbook is opened up for more deep stuff.

- I think he needs to live at the stadium and get his timing down with the big boys on the first team. Let's see if we can Get the qb and wr on the right track.

Finally, I want to ask this... Is our OL still one of the best in the league since our qb1 and qb2 were knocked out of the game. Seems to me they should step it up in pass pro. Winston was playing pattycake when Leinart got rolled. Watch the highlight, it looked pretty funny.

Would love to hear what some of you guys thought of what I saw, or if that's how you saw it.

Couple things...

- I'm nervous about the qb situation, however TJ looked ready for the opportunity and showed some pretty good confidence out there.

- the pass to Andre was DOWNFIELD and a pretty ballsy throw to make and it was right where it needed to be.

- he has pretty good zip on the ball, which should be great off the play action. Which we had another burner WR for him to set up the deep ball. And his ball looks great in the air, tight spin, etc.

- he's pretty mobile too. Moreso than the Matt's. He will have some chances to take off too with our offense.

- Kubes played the lead in the second half, so you can't judge his gamerness right now. I really want to see what happens when the playbook is opened up for more deep stuff.

- I think he needs to live at the stadium and get his timing down with the big boys on the first team. Let's see if we can Get the qb and wr on the right track.

Finally, I want to ask this... Is our OL still one of the best in the league since our qb1 and qb2 were knocked out of the game. Seems to me they should step it up in pass pro. Winston was playing pattycake when Leinart got rolled. Watch the highlight, it looked pretty funny.

Would love to hear what some of you guys thought of what I saw, or if that's how you saw it.

The OL got manhandled today. They just flat got their asses kicked.

Agreed on Yates. The kid showed a little fire in the few plays he got in before Kubiak turtled.

The OL got manhandled today. They just flat got their asses kicked.

Agreed on Yates. The kid showed a little fire in the few plays he got in before Kubiak turtled.

I also thought that Yates seemed to have a quick release and a decent arm. There wasn't much of a sample size, but thats how it looked to me.

I also thought that Yates seemed to have a quick release and a decent arm. There wasn't much of a sample size, but thats how it looked to me.

I said after the draft that Yates was the pick I was most excited about besides Watt. He may turn out to be nothing, for he is a 5th round pick, after all. But he has a live arm, a quick release, better mobility than most realize, and he has courage under fire. I like what I've seen from him at UNC and in preseason this year. He's a rookie and he's going to make rookie mistakes. I was sure hoping to see him after a year or two of development become the backup to Schaub, so this is way earlier than I'd hoped for, and I doubt he's ready. Nonetheless, there have been QBs that have been drafted late or signed from some backwoods Arena team and come in to play good football. Kubiak is a good QB coach, so let's see him earn his stripes and put the kid into a position to succeed.

Yates has the tools, but not the experience. So now he'll get the experience on the fast track. It sucks, but that's life in the NFL. I think he can do some good things, and I think he could become a starter in the NFL at some point in his career.

Look the kid played ok i'm not going head over heels with him, the plays were nothing spectacular all were short to medium routes that he could handle with a strong running game & very good defensive play. I give him credit he didn't turn over the ball but let's slow it down he played against the Jaguars defense and there record speaks a lot of what type of team that we beat yesterday. We need to go and sign another Veteran QB if Leinart is going to be out for the rest of the season and we need to Draft the QB of the Future in this years draft to secure our franchise because I don't believe that TJ Yates is our guy.

Just like Matt 1&2 I think Yates will do better in this offense than he would in other situations. But also like Matt 1&2 i think there will be a drop off in what we can do and we lose a bit of stability.

I also believe that it's possible that Yates makes some good plays to help us win games.

Or maybe not. Really not confident either way, but if I had to bet my house I'd have to be prudent and go against him.

The only way to hit the moon is to shoot for it. Ready? Aim....>FIRE!!!!

The OL looked terrible and got owned because they went beyond vanilla to kill the clock. It wouldn't take a beginner level Madden player to call that many run blitzes. When given the chance to sling it, young man made some good plays against a legit D. Idk how anybody can argue that or against dude's ability. All he showed yesterday is that he can make plays on this level. But don't let that stop us from criticisms.

If I'm Kubiak, I prepare this next game like I'm going in with John Elway. BECAUSE THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION. This isn't the time to hole up and hope for teams to forget to play defense.

Now is not the time to display any common sense.

We are either doomed or on the cusp of finding the next Brady.

Choose a side.

“Right tackle Eric Winston said the Texans were wary of anything against the Jaguars that could get Yates hurt because they didn’t want to test Daniels’ quarterbacking skills. It’s a mistake, Winston emphasized, to put too much in to what the rookie did, or didn’t do.

“I think next week you’ll see a much different T.J. because he can make some huge throws,” Winston said. “He’s much more athletic than Schaub or Leinart. That will work well with some of what we do. He can get out of the pocket, he can make some throws. I am not worried at all. I think that he'll meld well with what we’re doing in the play-action game.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/31070/still-hot-texans-may-need-to-turn-to-yates

:coffee:

Well u know any team that plays us are gonna bltz us like crazy, that could work for our advantage or hurt us big time with a rookie back there...I say sign Jeff Garcia :tiphat:

Back