Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Titans Vs Texans Match Ups

VY will kill the Texan secondary with our so called bad WR's.
Young is the worst passer in the league. He's not killing anybody. Not right now. Not with his arm, anyway.

I look at all the great things you say about the Titans. Then I look at their record. Something's just not right.

Young is the worst passer in the league. He's not killing anybody. Not right now. Not with his arm, anyway.

I look at all the great things you say about the Titans. Then I look at their record. Something's just not right.

Hey, he might complete 50% of his passes this week, dont make him madd! The first game he started they lost misserably. The next two they had close to 200 yards a game rushing. Travis Henry went off for 178 on the Skins and 120 on the Colts. Stop the rushing game and that will stop the Titans, give us good field position and prevent many long drives.

Wow...keep thinking young is the "worse" passer in the league. I will admit he needs to work on his deep ball accuracy, but he has made some good plays with his arm as well. I would not be suprised to see him ATTEMPT to tear up the Texans secondary. It would be nice, but wont be needed with Henry running it down the throat!

I'll take my Pro-Bowl receivers against Reynaldo Hill. You are going to have to drop 2 safties deep to stop AJ and Emo. That leaves 7 to stop the run. Against Dallas, we couldnt run against the front 7, we scored 6 points. Against the Jags we did run, we scored 27. That I think will decide the game.
doubt it..............Ajones will go one on one and Hill will get help from LT..............that is how they play it.............unless they go cover 3 or cover 4................

Collins was..................6 Ints.............in 3.5 games.

stewart is a stud.............Mario is in for a long long day..............and my point is that every one in TX and TN think we are gonna come out and run it right down your throat..............I am telling you that is not going to be the plan...............laugh but watch the game unfold. VY will kill the Texan secondary with our so called bad WR's. Our DL is physical and atheletic and matches up very well with Houstons line and scheme..............Lundy will have no ability outside with Bulluck and Thortnton there.............aand Hope has been a tackling machine..............Sirmon and LT is who the Texans have to attack.............both are interior.............the Texans have shown no ability for 4 yrs to line up and run it down your throat.............we did it to Indy and Washington on the road...............and they knew it was coming and could do nothing to stop it. VY has done very little running..............but he has made big plays passing on third and fourth down and on two point conversions..................

1. Your WRs aren't even in the same league as ours (nice job signing a #2 wr for #1 money.

2. You have no idea what our secondary is going to do (neither do we) we just got players back that have been injured all year, so far so good.

3. Stop bragging about how much tackles Hope has and how he is a "tackling machine" Show me a SS that has a ton of tackles and I'll show you a team that gives up big plays. Hope is on pace to have like 120 tackles, that is absolutely horrible and just shows you how easily teams get to your second level.

horrible is defined by a Houston Texans Safety................pick any one since they came into the league...............they have not gotten one in their existance. We'll see how bad the Titans D is..............

horrible is defined by a Houston Texans Safety................pick any one since they came into the league...............they have not gotten one in their existance. We'll see how bad the Titans D is..............

We don't need great safety play to beat your team

Yall are

last in comp %
(we are first)

28th in yards per game

and 30th in passing TDs

yalls passing game, isn't that great or scary.

Personally, I think anyone who says that they know what who is going to do to whom in this game is full of it.

The Titans and Texans are both inconsistent, flawed teams. Both are trying to learn what they are doing more and more each week.

Generally speaking a match up between two inconsistent flawed teams will result in the home team winning more often than not.

doubt it..............Ajones will go one on one and Hill will get help from LT..............that is how they play it.............unless they go cover 3 or cover 4................

Well, I would love to see AJ and PacMan one on one, should be a great battle because unlike last year, we trust AJ to make plays even when he is covered and Carr throws his way at least 10 times a game. Cant wait! :redtowel:

I hope AJones goes one on one. He won't be able to shut down AJ one one one. I'll take that bet every time. AJ will get hot and the Titans secondary will have to roll to him to shut him down just like every other team tries to do. That leaves Moulds freed up for some big plays.

I think you're putting too much stock in the Titan's secondary against our passing game if you're betting on one on one coverage.

Pac Man is a real good cover corner when he is on the field & not in prison.

That said, AJ still made Rashean Mathis look like a fool on some plays & that guy is pretty good

You might be right about our S not being good but the difference is that your team was here in Houston for ever before they called Tenn home. We have not been in the league that long we have work to do but give us a few more years and teams are not going to want to play us that being said Tenn. is on the up as well, takes a long time to recover from the cap problems, I see us and Tenn fighting for the division before long and then the war of words will be on so good luck and for the record I do not hate the Titans I hate Bud Adams he's a snake who will bite the fans of Tenn. before it is all said and done. Oh by the way we still have more CHAMPIONSHIPS than you all, like it or not.

BWAHAHAHAHAH. John Mc. found a family photo...
adamsfam.jpg

Back row: Titans GM Floyd Reese, Titans owner Bud Adams and QB Vince Young. Front row: Titans players Pacman Jones, Lamont Thompson, head coach Jeff Fisher and coordinator Jim Schwartz.

...It'll be interesting to see Young going against Mario Williams and DeMeco Ryans. I'll bet you right now that Ryans gets to Young more than Williams. If the Texans can win a few more games, Ryan will be a strong candidate for defensive rookie of the year. Some middle linebackers chase down plays in the secondary or sideline to sideline. Ryans makes plays behind the line of scrimmage, too. He shoots the gap and becomes disruptive. Sometimes he doesn't make the tackle, but he's the one who disrupts the play and allows someone else to make the tackle. Just ask Williams....

Johnny Mac's blog

Speaking of match-ups and whatnot, I see our safeties getting bashed alot, but I think Simmons earned a starting spot last weekend. Finally a real FS. I think his impact on the game has been underrated, but with him at FS and either Earl or Brown at SS we got a solid looking safety unit. Also Maddux showed he was a capable, DT and get this we're activating another veteran DT this week. Dunno how much impact he'll have, but he's familiar with our D-line coach so I'm guessing he'll have a positive impact. The Texans are underdogs this weekend, but we're not gonna loose.

... but I think Simmons earned a starting spot last weekend. Finally a real FS. I think his impact on the game has been underrated, but with him at FS and either Earl or Brown at SS we got a solid looking safety unit.

NFL.com says He started at SS...

Whatever, he brings an added dimension to our secondary. Side's how can you not like the only guy that has an Int for us this yr.

From the original post it looks like we are doomed with all the pro bowl level and elite players we will be facing this week...

You guys give the titans wayyyyyyyyyyyy to much credit. I have knowledge that all of you guys lack. I watched the broncos for the last 10 ten years and know who they match up well against fisher and the titans regardless of players. Shanny and Kubs owned the titans. Kubs will have them so screwed up, carr will be play action right and left, which will open up the run. I believe the texans will put up 28 points. When you defend against VY you sit in a 2 deep with emphasis on the tight end, which is the only route he understands besides the fly pattern. You dont rush him either, you make him think, which is dangerous because he wont be working for NASA after the nfl. The texan D doesnt win the game, the offense having time of possesion and no turnovers will win the game.

You guys give the titans wayyyyyyyyyyyy to much credit.

Nah, it's the Titan fans who give them too much credit, and the VY fans that give them a chance.

Most of us think they are right there with Arizona & Oakland as the worst team in the league.

I have knowledge that all of you guys lack. I watched the broncos for the last 10 ten years and know who they match up well against fisher and the titans regardless of players. Shanny and Kubs owned the titans.

Well then I guess you know that "Shanny and Kubs" have played the Titans/Oilers only once in the last 10 years.

That meeting was on a sub-freezing night in Nashville on Christmas 2004 when the Broncos were playing for a wild card spot which they eventually won, and the Titans were playing out the string during a terrible 5-11 season.

The Titans were missing six starters on defense because of injury that evening. Steve McNair didn't play and Antowain Smith was their starting RB.

http://nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20041225_DEN@TEN

Yes, "Shanny and Kubs" dominated the Titans on that cold night. What that has to do with Sunday's clash between the Titans and Texans is beyond me. I look forward to being enlightened by your knowledge.

Defense: Both tackles clog middle to stop run. Mario & other DE pressure Young who will release or hand off quickly or run to opposite side. Demeco mirrors Young causing additional pressure. Both Greenwood & Orr flow to middle to help against run or cover TE. Allow Dunta to go one on one. Free safety helps our off corner. Strong safety covers the middle field for short passes that get past the line backers as I think there will a lot of "Young runs from the gasp of the defensive line and pulls defense in and dumps pass downfield for 6-8 yards." In my opinion, we have to focus on the short yards and encourage VY to gamble with a longer pass that our corners should be able to defend.

Offense: Passes to Johnson & Moulds should increase with decent ground yardage from RB and also Carr. We may see a much more mobile Carr this game. He may choose to show that VY ain't the only QB that can run. I also expect some yardage in the air by the back and maybe an occasional draw play. If it is not a blow out by Houston, I expect the Texans to put it away in 4th quarter with a score by a tight end. My 2 cents.

It was twice in the last ten years including 4 preseason matchups, with the starters playing 3 quarters. Now to explain what that has to do with the texans-titans game. The system, playcalling, and gameplan will be the exact same thing. As mentioned in previous post the titans linebackers are some of the slowest in the game, they are horrible against zone blocking with lack of side to side speed. Also they struggle if there is one good reciever, to take care of the tight ends, they will play a safety over johnson, exposing the middle. Watch and See, and then i want an apology for the personal attack!!!!!!!!!!

Well then I guess you know that "Shanny and Kubs" have played the Titans/Oilers only once in the last 10 years.

That meeting was on a sub-freezing night in Nashville on Christmas 2004 when the Broncos were playing for a wild card spot which they eventually won, and the Titans were playing out the string during a terrible 5-11 season.

The Titans were missing six starters on defense because of injury that evening. Steve McNair didn't play and Antowain Smith was their starting RB.

http://nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20041225_DEN@TEN

Yes, "Shanny and Kubs" dominated the Titans on that cold night. What that has to do with Sunday's clash between the Titans and Texans is beyond me. I look forward to being enlightened by your knowledge.
great post AJ....................facts shock morons and democrats.

It was twice in the last ten years including 4 preseason matchups, with the starters playing 3 quarters. Now to explain what that has to do with the texans-titans game. The system, playcalling, and gameplan will be the exact same thing. As mentioned in previous post the titans linebackers are some of the slowest in the game, they are horrible against zone blocking with lack of side to side speed. Also they struggle if there is one good reciever, to take care of the tight ends, they will play a safety over johnson, exposing the middle. Watch and See, and then i want an apology for the personal attack!!!!!!!!!!
preseason??? Go back and stick your head in the snow.............

Didn't want to start a new thread about the Titans.

But I'm watching NFL replay, and THenry is having his way with the Ravens. I checked the stats, he had 107 rushing yards against Balt. on 27 carries, for 4.0 ypc.

He only had 29 yards against us, on 15 carries for 1.9 ypc..........

Interesting...

Back