Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Titans talking Boldin with Cards

I don't like the idea of the ICOU getting a WR of his talent, but if the ICOU lost Lenwhale in the deal I would feel better about it. The Cards would have to be stoned to take Henry as part of the deal. Taking Henry off the ICOUs hands would be a minus for the Cards in the deal not a plus.

Meh, if they get him, they get him - so what? We need to worry about our team and not what other teams are doing. I think it's kind of a defeatest attitude to think, "Oh wow, so and so picked up so and so. We're screwed".

I agree, I think to be the best you have to beat the best.

look at the steelers over the years.

I just don't want the Texans to win the division because the other teams in the division are week, I want the Texans to destroy the best division in the NFL.. but I do admit I wouldn't hate it if one of the teams were weaker because home field advantage does come into play and if all the AFC south teams beat up on each other week after week there is a great chance there wouldn't be a bye week in the playoffs

but bring 'em on :wild:

You said this.
The Titans had this one really good year sandwiched in between a bunch of garbage and mediocreness...

First off that wasn't true as I pointed out. They've gotten better and better the last 3 seasons.

And other than Haynesworth being gone what else have they lost? Griffin will be in his 3rd season getting better, Gage will improve, both of their RB's should be better as well and Collins now will have the entire pre season and camp to get better in his role. Now if they get Bolden, they are contenders easily.

I am pretty much in agreement with your overall premise, but you lost me at "Gage will improve"...

it is true that all the Cards are wanting for Fitzgerald is a 2nd Rounder. The price has gone down some because they know Boldin is going to require a newly inked big money contract with whomever he gets traded to. Teams are reluctant to give up draft picks to essentially sign a Free Agent who was seriously injured this past season. yeah, he played through it...i'm just sayin

i actually think the Bears need to get on board with this. nothing wrong with a first day haul of Cutler and Boldin. That is like a fantasy football draft...when you couple that with their defense and Hester as a special teams weapon....they could be good but they need some more talent at WR.

No way that it's just for a 2nd rounder. I'd like to know what these other "considerations" are. They must want a quality player as well as a 2nd rounder, because the Cards have drawn this thing out for over a year now when they probably could have had a 1st and a 3rd for Bolden.

I hope that the Eagles get him out of all of those teams, because I hate all of the teams in the NFC East other than the Eagles.

This makes me feel a lot better now. I don't think the Titans will out bid or be as aggressive as the Eagles or the Giants.

Also don't forget that Braylen Edwards is being dangled right now to both of those teams as well from the Browns so that situation could affect all of this. No matter if the Giants or the Eagles take one of these WR's it's a strong chance that the other will counter that and grab the other to compete for the top spot in the NFC East.

Tomorrow should be very very interesting.

Edwards IS a dangle.

You're right: Going to be fun watching the draft deal trades for all these WRs, and the Jason Campbell situation that boil over if Snyder takes a QB or pulls some sort of tomfoolery.

well so much for Boldin for a 2nd Rounder. Looks like its back up to a 1st Rounder and then some. There will be no takers at that price, thats for sure.

draft cant come any faster

Titans might have found a WR that will negate the need for Boldin.

Kenny Britt from Rutgers was a guy that impressed the most out of the WRs who ran routes and caught passes at the combine: I don't know why, but he just had something about him that looked sharper than the others.

Howard-Bey and Maclin and Harvin got all the pub about being so fast. But I felt Britt had the best overall skills and put those skills together better than the others.

I was a little bummed when I saw they had picked him. I think that's a wise move, IMO.

Back