Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Tired of Texans Propaganda

gafftop

All Pro
Texans have the perfect receiving trio for a deep passing game

Anybody else sick of hearing Texans PROPAGANDA.

By Mark Lane
The Houston Texans features three receivers in Will Fuller, Brandin Cooks, and Kenny Stills that can bring the deep passing game to life.

BULLSHIT Lucky if one stays healthy for the season.

BOB is a Genius as Coach, QB guru, time manager, offensive coordinator, ..... and GM BULLSHIT

Dave Johnson going to resurrect his career BULLSHIT

Tunsil great trade and great contract. BOB genius BULLSHIT

McNair great owner BULLSHIT

Nothing against any named individuals above personally. Just talking strictly from a football perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:

badboy

Hall of Fame
Mark Lane welcome to his BS opinion but he nor we know until season over or until player(s) injured. Sounds like whining to me.

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker

By Mark Lane
The Houston Texans features three receivers in Will Fuller, Brandin Cooks, and Kenny Stills that can bring the deep passing game to life. BULLSHIT Lucky if one stays healthy for the season.

BOB is a Genius as Coach, QB guru, time manager, offensive coordinator, ..... and GM BULLSHIT

Nothing against any named individuals above personally. Just talking strictly from a football perspective.
^ ^
Yipee ty-yo cay yay!

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
The Houston Texans have been a professional propaganda machine since 2002. :spin:

It's always been "there's always next season!". . .so make your first payment on your season tickets.

I'm a Texans fan by default, but I'm not buying into any hype. 51-7 revealed to me many things about this team, including coaches and players. They can try to spin 2020 all they want, but for me, the proof will be in the results. Talking the talk means nothing if they can't walk the walk.

Texazan

Our HOF 34

By Mark Lane
The Houston Texans features three receivers in Will Fuller, Brandin Cooks, and Kenny Stills that can bring the deep passing game to life.

You new to these parts? The known commodity is that the Houston Texans are a marketing company that also plays professional football.

RGV82

Random guy

By Mark Lane

LOL, every topic you just named has been discussed over and over in the forum. Lots of people agree and disagree with all of these perspectives. This article is nothing new.

Texansballer74

The Marine
The Houston Texans have been a professional propaganda machine since 2002. :spin:

It's always been "there's always next season!". . .so make your first payment on your season tickets.

I'm a Texans fan by default, but I'm not buying into any hype. 51-7 revealed to me many things about this team, including coaches and players. They can try to spin 2020 all they want, but for me, the proof will be in the results. Talking the talk means nothing if they can't walk the walk.
That loss was the most embarrassing loss in Houston professional sports history. For me it trumps the Oilers loss, the Rockets blowing a 3-1 lead and getting knocked out by the Mavericks ( game 7 blowout). And pitching to freaking Pujos.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
That loss was the most embarrassing loss in Houston professional sports history. For me it trumps the Oilers loss, the Rockets blowing a 3-1 lead and getting knocked out by the Mavericks ( game 7 blowout). And pitching to freaking Pujos.
Really?

Still doesn't top Buffalo.

The Oilers had the better team.

The Texans didn't have the better team.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
What did we learn from this? You never try to protect the lead when running a Run-N-Shoot offense....and....no lead is ever safe so it's much better to continue to run what got the lead to begin with.

One problem with that 51-7 debacle.

Of those 24 points they led by , the defense and special teams generated 17 of them.

That's not something you can count on replicating.

Other than the opening drive big play , the offense was inept start to finish so .... what were they gonna run ?!

banned1976

sleeper mode

Of those 24 points they led by , the defense and special teams generated 17 of them.

Other than the opening drive big play , the offense was inept start to finish so .... what were they gonna run ?!
How about they line up Watt offset I with Reader as his lead blocker. That’s so foolish it just might...

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans

My response was mostly geared towards the Oilers debacle but carrying the context of this thought over to the Texans debacle.....OB's game plan was quite conservative and predictable once he got that lead. He never continued to push his offense to keep them on a roll after his first drive. He should've disregarded the points being put on the board by his defense and ST's.

Last edited:

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I understand where you're coming from, but, for me, 35-3 is that worst moment in Houston sports.

I truly believe that 35-3 is one of the nails in the coffin that led to the apathetic attitude among Houston football fans when Bud decided to move his franchise. They choked three years in a row in the playoffs, and coupled with Bud's crap history and the new stadium demands, people just turned their backs on the Oilers.

Who knows, maybe 51-7 will be part of that same kind of moment in hindsight with the Texans. It certainly reduced my own potential expectations to zero. Choke stains do not wash out easily, if ever.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
I'd be surprised if ratings aren't through the roof, because of covid. MLB ratings have been sky-high and they're coming fresh off a financial labor dispute. Ratings across the board for live sports are up, even the WNBA is hitting record highs. No reason the biggest league on the planet won't see the same results.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I'd be surprised if ratings aren't through the roof, because of covid. MLB ratings have been sky-high and they're coming fresh off a financial labor dispute. Ratings across the board for live sports are up, even the WNBA is hitting record highs. No reason the biggest league on the planet won't see the same results.
and you can bet t.v. and radio advertisers are licking their chops

badboy

Hall of Fame
Hey, if we keep seeing these “Opt outs” we may see our first 7 on 7 Super Bowl.:dance2:
Some teams are getting huge additions to cap space with high price guys opting out. Of course they lose that player..
We gain less than a million on Vanderdoes but that locks him in for 2021. Looks like Blacklock and AA for our Nose position and I'm ok with that.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Sucks but with all the "distractions" caused by Covid , I think OB would survive a 2-14 year.

I've pretty much lost faith in this organization doing anything right ...
Yeah, I agree. But, I'm in it for the long haul. I'll be a fan for much longer than O'Brien can be here. I just have to be patient and wait it out. I do hope for the best, but my expectations are realistically low. Such is the life of a hometown football fan.

This is going to be the weirdest NFL season any of us has experienced. . . :tvhorror:

banned1976

sleeper mode
Yeah, I agree. But, I'm in it for the long haul. I'll be a fan for much longer than O'Brien can be here. I just have to be patient and wait it out. I do hope for the best, but my expectations are realistically low. Such is the life of a hometown football fan.

This is going to be the weirdest NFL season any of us has experienced. . . :tvhorror:
I think I’ll be one of the few fans that won’t come back if there’s no 2020 NFL season. It took me three or four years to really start paying attention to the Texans when they first started, and I was much more of a sports fan in general back then than I am now.

Too much has changed. The greed and politics in sports has really turned me off. And I don’t see that changing anytime soon. Now you tell me O’Brien is here for the intermediate future no matter what? That’s just too much for me.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
I don't give a rat's ass about the Texans as long as OB is here. When he leaves, maybe I'll change my mind. Can't say at this point because I'm also very disappointed in the Texans organization to even allow this to happen.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I think I’ll be one of the few fans that won’t come back if there’s no 2020 NFL season. It took me three or four years to really start paying attention to the Texans when they first started, and I was much more of a sports fan in general back then than I am now.

Too much has changed. The greed and politics in sports has really turned me off. And I don’t see that changing anytime soon. Now you tell me O’Brien is here for the intermediate future no matter what? That’s just too much for me.
Yeah, I understand. tbh, I'd probably feel the same if 2020 wasn't such a messed up year.

There is a part of me that just wants to see some football for a temporary diversion. I don't have any emotional investment these days (those days are probably behind me). Now it's just an entertainment option, and with all the stuff going on in the world, my mind could use an occasional break from the serious thinking and related stress.

As always, to each his own, so I can't fault anyone for however they feel about things.

I don't give a rat's ass about the Texans as long as OB is here. When he leaves, maybe I'll change my mind. Can't say at this point because I'm also very disappointed in the Texans organization to even allow this to happen.
As I learned as an Oilers fan, even incompetence and its related drama can be entertaining. Maybe I'm just easily amused. :popcorn:

bigmck

Rookie
Texans do what any business entity does, it advertises. Some people buy what they sell, others don't. Frankly, I've got more personal loyalty to Honda Motors and certain grocery stores than I do the Texans. LOL
You always appeared to be a Ford man to me. :)

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Are you surprised?

I've been singing this tune since 2010. It is what it is.

bigmck

Rookie

Would you still be a Fan if they started "Kneeling During the Anthem" again? That is one thing that turns me off. I think we will see it in football just as the NBA has already started it. Sports is supposed to be a diversion for us, but they are forcing me to turn off the TV.

banned1976

sleeper mode
Would you still be a Fan if they started "Kneeling During the Anthem" again? That is one thing that turns me off. I think we will see it in football just as the NBA has already started it. Sports is supposed to be a diversion for us, but they are forcing me to turn off the TV.
The NBA really stepped in it after Daryl Morey’s tweet supporting Hong Kong. The kneeling is just the proverbial straw for some people.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
If you noticed, MLB/NBA ratings are way down. I expect the same fate for the NFL.