• RB

• TE

• Dline

• LB

• Edge

• CB

• S

Results are only viewable after voting.
Was the OL really that good in the passing game or was Stroud really good at buying time in the pocket? Stroud didn't get a whole lot of clean pockets. Rarely did he have time to go through his progressions before delivering a strike. More often than not, he was moving and either throwing on the run or moving and resetting his feet to make a throw. I think it was Stroud who made the OL look good in the passing game versus the OL making CJ look good.

Draft a RT and get everyone else healthy and I really believe the Texans OL could take a major step forward this season.
That would do wonders for the offense including the running game and allow Slowik to open his entire playbook.

I do not see it that way and I doubt if the Texans do. Either Patterson or Juice Scruggs will be the center and quite possibly Patterson will be our left guard in my opinion. I have seen few people that know the team suggesting that Houston will spend a high draft pick for either guard or center. Mason has locked in Right Guard regardless of his PFF. The only question that I see is which of the left guards on the roster will win that position.

I’m with you. Texans have a lot of young talent on rookie contracts to compete at LG/C.

Between Kenyon/Kendrick Green, Scruggs, and Patterson, the team should find two starters. Add in Broeker and this team has quality young depth on the interior OL that should improve with an offseason of S&C and reps in camp.

The only real question is “who is going to step up and take control of those positions”?

Was the OL really that good in the passing game or was Stroud really good at buying time in the pocket? Stroud didn't get a whole lot of clean pockets. Rarely did he have time to go through his progressions before delivering a strike. More often than not, he was moving and either throwing on the run or moving and resetting his feet to make a throw. I think it was Stroud who made the OL look good in the passing game versus the OL making CJ look good.

Draft a RT and get everyone else healthy and I really believe the Texans OL could take a major step forward this season.
as with any team sport, it was a combination.

A blocking TE that can also stretch the middle of the field would also help out the run game a lot.
I was thinking about that last night on here.
If you can find that good blocking TE, that will bolster the line but I would still like to find a RT in case Howard can't go. And get that bell cow back too.
Cade Stover is fairly new to the TE position but did swap over from DL so could be a handy blocker.
So either you take a chance on him, or Ja'Tavion Sanders in the second or easier, Ben Sinnot with one of the fourths.

I was thinking about that last night on here.
If you can find that good blocking TE, that will bolster the line but I would still like to find a RT in case Howard can't go. And get that bell cow back too.
Cade Stover is fairly new to the TE position but did swap over from DL so could be a handy blocker.
So either you take a chance on him, or Ja'Tavion Sanders in the second or easier, Ben Sinnot with one of the fourths.
I'm liking Theo Johnson in the 3rd or Sinnot in the 4th. I want to see how Sinnot runs at the combine though.

And I'm just saying as a fan of a team who just signed their franchise QB that the franchise QB needs to feel like they at least have a voice somewhat in what is wanted. Obviously don't make him GM but ask for a list of players he'd love to work with. If it fails with a single player on the list, oh well, move on and realize it's far more important to keep the guy motivated and a smoother process with contract negotiations.
He asked for Tank and guess what they drafted Tank. He will have a voice best believe that. TB won’t like it but hey the Texans brass really don’t care what we think about how they should handle their business.

He asked for Tank and guess what they drafted Tank. He will have a voice best believe that. TB won’t like it but hey the Texans brass really don’t care what we think about how they should handle their business.
Caserio asked him which WR he liked throwing to and Caserio got Stroud the guy he liked. (Smart) That's much different from having a say in the draft process.

Someone needs to ask Stroud which wide receiver he would like to throw to.
He wont have the advantage of throwing to guys at the combine this yr. I'm really hoping that Theo Johnson and Malik Washingon are 2 of the picks. Weapons

He wont have the advantage of throwing to guys at the combine this yr. I'm really hoping that Theo Johnson and Malik Washingon are 2 of the picks. Weapons

Washington gives me Steve Smith vibes. Smith was also Shrine bowl MVP. I think Washington will go around where Smith did (pick 74). But with rule changes and success of smaller WRs I could see him getting into the 2nd round.

With Slowik’s ability to scheme WRs open and Stroud’s ability to throw WRs open, i’m not as concerned with finding that guy with a prototypical build. The team has Nico for that X WR role. I wouldn’t mind Tank and Washington as two smaller guys who are just football playing dudes as the other targets. That’s playmaking talent in the WR room. Tank and Washington can get open quickly.

Reactions: JB
Washington gives me Steve Smith vibes. Smith was also Shrine bowl MVP. I think Washington will go around where Smith did (pick 74). But with rule changes and success of smaller WRs I could see him getting into the 2nd round.

With Slowik’s ability to scheme WRs open and Stroud’s ability to throw WRs open, i’m not as concerned with finding that guy with a prototypical build. The team has Nico for that X WR role. I wouldn’t mind Tank and Washington as two smaller guys who are just football playing dudes as the other targets. That’s playmaking talent in the WR room. Tank and Washington can get open quickly.
Agreed.

I'm hoping for something like this.

Rd.3 Theo Johnson
Rd.3 after trading up from the 4th Malik Washington

Draft an edge in rd. 1 and a CB in Rd.2

What I really like about this years draft: I believe we can truly go bpa without any restrictions. I do believe when you build a team the most important positions are QB, LT, pass rusher, CB and at least 2 offensive weapon (WR, HB, TE) - we have all of these slots filled, and everything but LT is on a rookie contract.

Now whatever player is at the top of our board could help us (maybe with the exception of QB, but I also value a good backup QB that other teams may pay a ransom for later).

That being said, I would really like to get one of these hyped WRs (BTJ?) and get a DT in FA. I would be happy with Barkley if he goes for a team friendly contract, but I would also be fine with drafting a HB in the middle rounds and resigning Singletary.

Back