Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Three bold predictions for Texans in 2020: Antonio Brown could be summoned to solve Houston's problem

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Three bold predictions for Texans in 2020: Antonio Brown could be summoned to solve Houston's problem

With the NFL's opening weekend just around the corner, we decided to make three bold predictions for the Texans' 2020 season.

1. Watson, even without Hopkins, will continue to perform at a Pro Bowl level
2. Houston's defense will feature three rookies in its starting lineup
3. Texans sign Antonio Brown to bolster receiving corps

Full Article
I figured the headline would get your attention. :yikes:

The writer goes into detail with each prediction, so I'll let you read his take for each.

I can get on-board with the possibility for the first two predictions, but I just can't see O'Brien and Cal bringing A.B. to this locker room.

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
You know by the time his suspension is up Fuller will be playing 1 quarter every second game before blowing up his hammy, Cooks will be done with concussion and Cobb’s age will be catching up to him.
I can see why the journo is speculating.

welsh texan

Cobb's age will be a problem.. so we go out and get a batsh*t diva who's 3 years older?
Nope, just I can see where the speculation comes from. That’s all I said. I’m not in favour of going after AB. Would have been 2 years ago before we really knew how bad things were. Great WR in his prime. Not even certain how good 2020 AB would be.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Nope, just I can see where the speculation comes from. That’s all I said. I’m not in favour of going after AB. Would have been 2 years ago before we really knew how bad things were. Great WR in his prime. Not even certain how good 2020 AB would be.
AB's going to be great according to LJ who he's been working out with.

With that said I would pass unless the wr corps is injured on mid season.

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
If im hard knocks, im doing a special midseason Houston Texans show/season for the fuckery that Antonio Brown/BoB might bring if they were to bring that guy in.
Was just saying, for my personal entertainment I am all about Antonio Brown with the Texans.

Otherwise he really does fit the outside the QB, let's add players who really good a handful of years ago offense.

(and yes, I see that F word variation)

welsh texan

Edit to say I’m talking nonsense :hankpalm:
He certainly has the talent. LJ is my biggest worry. The contract itself pales into insignificance compared to the negative effect it will have on our O if our feature back can’t move the ball. I’m not convinced either that Duke can perform as a bell cow or that OB would change the depth chart soon enough if it was needed. I hope I’m wrong, though.

Last edited:
I think SteelB is referring to Lamar Jackson (LJ) who has worked out with Antonio Brown this off-season.

He certainly has the talent. LJ is my biggest worry. The contract itself pales into insignificance compared to the negative effect it will have on our O if our feature back can’t move the ball. I’m not convinced either that Duke can perform as a bell cow or that OB would change the depth chart soon enough if it was needed. I hope I’m wrong, though.
And here I believe you are referring to David Johnson initially and then Duke Johnson. I'm not as worried about David Johnson rushing output however I hope that he enables more diversity from the playcalling thus keeping defenses off balance. To your point, I'm putting my hopes in continual improvement from the OL to be the difference maker in moving the ball on the ground.

mussop

Hall of Fame
I figured the headline would get your attention. :yikes:

The writer goes into detail with each prediction, so I'll let you read his take for each.

I can get on-board with the possibility for the first two predictions, but I just can't see O'Brien and Cal bringing A.B. to this locker room.
Just a couple of months ago could you see them allowing players to kneel during the anthem?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
It's just entertainment to me. :tv:

To give more meaning to anything these guys do beyond mere entertainment seems kinda' pointless. idonno:
The product isn't going to be good this year.

Not everybody feels the way you do when it comes to the kneeling and because of this NFL viewership and revenue will fall. This will ultimately shrink the cap and cost the Texans money.

But hey, if the players are willing to give up money to take a stand, then more power to them.

Texansballer74

The Marine

Not everybody feels the way you do when it comes to the kneeling and because of this NFL viewership and revenue will fall. This will ultimately shrink the cap and cost the Texans money.

But hey, if the players are willing to give up money to take a stand, then more power to them.
No it is not going to drop because of kneeling. Smh I really don’t understand why those few have an issue with unity for the right reasons.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
No it is not going to drop because of kneeling. Smh I really don’t understand why those few have an issue with unity for the right reasons.
We will see

It did last time and I expect this to happen again.

You understand, the radicals have hijacked the movement and and enough fans care to effect the bottom line.

The players have every right to kneel. But they don't have a right to birch and moan when it costs them money. They'll have made their bed and will have to lie in it.

I kind of respect players that are willing to give up money for a cause.

Last edited:

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member

We will see

It did last time and I expect this to happen again.

You understand, the radicals have hijacked the movement and and enough fans care to effect the bottom line.

The players have every right to kneel. But they don't have a right to birch and moan when it costs them money. They'll have made their bed and will have to lie in it.

I kind of respect players that are willing to give up money for a cause.

Lets take this conversation in another direction .. this stuff aint football and will only end bad.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Brown would probably be excited until he got a taste at how routes are drawn up and executed OB's mad mad world. Brown to OB.....dammm OB, how the hail am I supposed to run a route tethered to 2 or 3 other receivers and separated by 5 feet? OB to Brown.....you've really got to work on timing in order to get the steps down in unison...like towing a tethered car.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Brown would probably be excited until he got a taste at how routes are drawn up and executed OB's mad mad world. Brown to OB.....dammm OB, how the hail am I supposed to run a route tethered to 2 or 3 other receivers and separated by 5 feet? OB to Brown.....you've really got to work on timing in order to get the steps down in unison...like towing a tethered car.
Brown is to opinated and independent. We would never pursue him.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
We just jettisoned a marquee wr for pennies on the dollar because there was a player/coach conflict. Ab would be worse and no chance it happens unless cal makes it happen.

But yeah, it would be hilarious to watch unfold.
You're what you're worth on the trade market.

NFL GM's have spoken loudly and fans can't accept this fact.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
And this is a direct reflection on the boring ass offensive "scheme" and ideas that this coaching staff puts together.
So ya, AB would add some excitement to this offense. But, I'll pass.

But .... what if it helped get OB tarred , feathered and run out of town ?

I'll take AB .... for the entertainment value it would add to the sidelines and the irony of who he'd be replacing with his bad actor self.