Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

This Team Is Bad.....

Tailgate

Fall of Hame
PERIOD. There is stench coming from every aspect of this team. Way to ruin my NFL interest here lately.

At this point we are a LONG LONG way from actually being a good team. We keep playing like this and.... its time to start talking 2005 draft.

Just fuming...

Fat Jerry DeLoach gave up on a play to recover a fumble, the secondary looks as pathetic as it did when Matt Stevens was around, nobody tackles, the 3-4 is a joke, the o-line can't move or block anybody, and Dom Capers looks like he has no idea what's going on. Even if the Texans miraculously manage to win this game things need to change this off-season. Gary Walker is a 10 year veteran eating up salary for mostly getting injured, Rob Smith hasn't done much of anything. The enire defense could collect disabilty the way they drop like flies. Where's Antwan Peek? He's the only one that puts pressure on the QB and he's on special teams. The players look unmotivated and need someone to chew them out and get on them, Capers isn' t that guy. The 3-4 only works when the d-line is strong enough to break the o-line and the linebackers are fast enough to cover WRs. Week after week commentators say we look terrible, so it's just not a one game thing, it's been like this for 3 years.

And the icing on the cake here is that Seth Payne is out and hasnt returned yet.

THIS IS BLACK SUNDAY

Sorry, but as someone who lives a few miles from Pro Player stadium in Miami, the Texans have nothing on the Dolphins for "joke of the NFL."

week 8 after we beat jaguars to go 4-3...all of you were saying PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS

now you want capers head after 2 weeks? you all need to be...well i'm not going to say it cuz it will be deleted and make me sound like a terrorist, but you need to jump off the bandwagon

i don't remember two back to back butt kickings during the two previous years....all this after a streak of 4 of 5 wins where we looked like an NFL team...things change fast.

get a grip atxcowboyfan. Yeah, it's sad - but look at it this way, all the players will have a second hole when Capers gets done with them.

atxcoolguy said:
35-0 Carr fumbles for 3rd time. Fire them all

When Carr can't even get to his 3rd step in a 3 step drop most of the time I would hesitate to fire him. What we are seeing is a coach that knows how to adjust his gameplan to attack the weakness of another team. Shanahan did the same thing. Dungy and Shanahan are both winning coaches that know how to make gameplans. Capers and crew runs their base defense with some blitzing every game. They are pure vanilla. This team has talented players. If they aren't a good team it's the coaching. Zone blocking isn't working with this group. Vic Fangio is outmatched by every offensive unit in this league.

Not 1 single Texan player looks good today. nothing is going right. they're getting shutout against a bad defense. Carr looks like an *****, the Oline is pathetic. the Dline is bad, no wait pathetic. DD is a one hit wonder. What happened to the Texans? where is the Defense? bla bla bla, Texans you're embarrasing Houston

atxcoolguy said:
Not 1 single Texan player looks good today. nothing is going right. they're getting shutout against a bad defense. Carr looks like an *****, the Oline is pathetic. the Dline is bad, no wait pathetic. DD is a one hit wonder. What happened to the Texans? where is the Defense? bla bla bla, Texans you're embarrasing Houston

JJ has had a couple of decent kick returns. Not spectacular, but considering his competition for best Texans player of the game...I think he might be a winner.

<does search to find all those posters predicting playoff runs....>

This is the same team we were praising a few weeks ago, nothing has changed except playing a better team... well, that and we've come out flat the past two games and can't pull out of it.

the first game i have ever not finished watching. say what you want but this is making me sick. ill be back next week but for this game im done.

The Texans are getting manhandled on the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. That sure makes it tough for the offense to get rolling and Peyton is finding wide open receivers who are running for huge chunks after the catch.

I haven't even heard Marvin Harrison's name much which shows you other players are stepping up for them.

My goodness. 41-7. I didn't expect this at all.

Peyton Manning is in another zone today. Hitting any receiver he wants and they are wide open.

Hard to believe they are getting blown out like this.

I know I am. It just seems that this team is not playing at the level they played at earlier this season. I do not take a loss badly as long as they make a game of it. The Denver game was bad, but today was worse.

I am starting to get that sick feeling that I got when the Oilers blew that game in Buffalo. It is the realization that your team lacks the heart of a competator. I love the city of Houston and hate to see us embarassed like this.

ArlingtonTexan said:
i don't remember two back to back butt kickings during the two previous years....all this after a streak of 4 of 5 wins where we looked like an NFL team...things change fast.

Well technically the Jacksonville and Tampa Bay games last season were back to back butt kickings. "The Waterboy" was starting at QB though and Hollings was starting at RB.

Also, and I know it's pretty pessimistic sounding, we can pretty much look at everything we see that's good today and throw it out the window. Every single positive thing the Texans did came in garbage time. Davis looks like he can run right now but he can't really. The line looks like it can run block right now but it can't. The defense looks like it can hang with the Colts right now but it really can't.

To paraphrase Comic Book Guy from "The Simpsons"

"Worst performance ever".

Ya Davis really can't run it's just luck that as soon as Carr started getting a little time to throw the ball because of the line finally pass blocking they even started run blocking a little.

It's a good thing the NFL dosen't do weather reports or they'd be reporting fare weather in Houston

Dhedluk said:
It's a good thing the NFL dosen't do weather reports or they'd be reporting fare weather in Houston

No kidding! Yep, we stunk up the place today and the answer to it all is to fire the team? Coaches? Good lord. :yap

It is our 3rd year. 3rd year. Our biggest rival is consistancy. It is all good to be ticked and lay into this but to go out and say to fire folks? Please. Now if we would have won, all talk would be buzzing over playoffs. We are not ready for that yet. Most of us knew this all along. 8-8 is still attainable. That was my goal for the team. And I think they can still get there!!! :coolb:

I may be disappointed and somewhat embarassed, but still have my jersey on.

you know tailgate i am not here to make people mad...but i will tell you this...at least be happy that our team is actully winning some games...this is a young franchise you have to give it time...you cant expect the texans to go to the playoffs just being around a few years...i have been waiting 3 days for my account to get appoved to reply to this post...but like i said give the team time..your expecting too much too soon..atleast we got 4 wins right now...the past few years i dont think we had this many wins this late in the season...

:c)

TexanBacker55 said:
JJ has had a couple of decent kick returns. Not spectacular, but considering his competition for best Texans player of the game...I think he might be a winner.

the same guy who fumbled the opening kickoff.

Dhedluk said:

I see a number of people (myself included) who spent the last two years talking the homers off of ledges when the Texans lost and they're pointing out things that are wrong with the Texans. That's not being a fair weather fan, that's discussing the problems. Those problems aren't hard to see.

Please do tell me exactly how you would spin the Texans performance over the last two weeks? I'm dying to hear this.

Hervoyel said:
... Please do tell me exactly how you would spin the Texans performance over the last two weeks? I'm dying to hear this...
Let's see :hmmm: .we're allergic to mountaintops and Astroturf? .. sorry, forgot this! .. :heh:

Yes, it was an ugly game. I think everyone's expectations got out of hand. Now that you have had a chance to vent, go the standings and make a list of the teams you would rather have than ours going into next season.

Also, Tony Dungy was fired in Tampa Bay because he could accomplish anything in the playoffs. Indy has a great team, but they have failed in the playoffs.

Oline got slapped around like girls. The skill players can only do so much. Every game we've won, we've won it on the hands, shoulders, and most of all legs of Carr. Plain and simple. At some point, you've got to get some help from your Oline and get a running game going. And if you can't do that, at least get some protection! Right now, we are flat out asking Carr to go out and win every game for us, and that is just plain unfair. No QB in the league is going to do that for you, not even Manning.

Texan Gal 312 said:
Also, Tony Dungy was fired in Tampa Bay because he could accomplish anything in the playoffs. Indy has a great team, but they have failed in the playoffs.
I bet you didn't know that Tony Dungy coached teams are 40-0 when given a 14 point lead. Everyone wants to blame the coach when the team fails but sometimes it is just the players. I can't put Indy's playoff failures on Dungy. They have not had a ton of talent on the defensive side of the ball.

I bet you didn't know that Tony Dungy coached teams are 40-0 when given a 14 point lead.
Was that with or without a full moon or above 30 degrees or below?

If he's 40-0 in those games, I guess that means he's 41-55 if he doesn't get a 14 point lead. On Friday's when he's wearing red or blue.

After a choke job in 2002, Dungy's Colts had a pretty good showing last year in the playoffs. I don't consider his loss to New England last year a failure. They went to the AFC Championship game and they look like they are poised to make another run - in spite of their defense.

phan1 said:
Oline got slapped around like girls. The skill players can only do so much. Every game we've won, we've won it on the hands, shoulders, and most of all legs of Carr. Plain and simple. At some point, you've got to get some help from your Oline and get a running game going. And if you can't do that, at least get some protection! Right now, we are flat out asking Carr to go out and win every game for us, and that is just plain unfair. No QB in the league is going to do that for you, not even Manning.

I only saw what ESPN showed (on Sportscenter); the No. 1 problem that I saw was that the defensive backfield was doing a poor job of covering the Indianapolis receivers....

dan7 said:
I only saw what ESPN showed (on Sportscenter); the No. 1 problem that I saw was that the defensive backfield was doing a poor job of covering the Indianapolis receivers....
We didn't see Harrison or Wayne in the end zone over and over. We saw the slot WR and the TE with 4 TD's combined. 28 points from the slot and TE alone. For some reason we tend to let 250 pound linebackers cover these guys in isolated coverages far too often.

Vinny said:
We didn't see Harrison or Wayne in the end zone over and over. We saw the slot WR and the TE with 4 TD's combined. 28 points from the slot and TE alone. For some reason we tend to let 250 pound linebackers cover these guys in isolated coverages far too often.

I believe that Capers thought that Manning is too good to blitz regularly so he attempted to play zones. Of course, Manning recognizes coverages well also, so he knew exactly where the weaknesses were and attacked those accordingly.

Back