Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

This is what we need. The Stud.

prostock101

Mr. Big
We need that stud on defense that makes the opposing offense pee their collective pants. A stud like Ray Lewis, Brian Dawkins, Bob Sanders. You know what I'm talking about. Hayneworth, as bad as I hate him, could make Schaub wet his pants. That stud that makes that RB wish he was on the bench. That really lays the wood, a hitter that guys hate thinking they have to play him that week.

We don't have that stud. Demeco is a great tackler, but he has great technique, not a great hitter. Neither is Mario. Dunta maybe in his prime, but not since he's been back. All great players but not that "stud". We need that stud that when he hits someone, the staduim goes "Wow, now that was a hit!"

Is there a stud in this draft we can get?

The names that come to my mind are Rey Maualuga at MLB and Taylor Mays at S (obviously isn't in the draft). But they fit the bill for what you're looking for.

the Texans defense would look a whole lot different with Maualuga in the middle & Chung head-hunting in the secondary :dangit:

A later round head hunter that would be great for the Texans is David Bruton-FS from Notre Dame. The guy is big and fast like Taylor Mays and hits hard and a great special teams player as well. We could probably get him in the 4th round.

Honestly, I think we've got plenty of guys on D that would seem a lot more like studs if we could get a little more good play out of everybody. Having said that, I don't disagree that the guy you're describing would help.

We need that stud on defense that makes the opposing offense pee their collective pants. A stud like Ray Lewis, Brian Dawkins, Bob Sanders. You know what I'm talking about. Hayneworth, as bad as I hate him, could make Schaub wet his pants. That stud that makes that RB wish he was on the bench. That really lays the wood, a hitter that guys hate thinking they have to play him that week.

We don't have that stud. Demeco is a great tackler, but he has great technique, not a great hitter. Neither is Mario. Dunta maybe in his prime, but not since he's been back. All great players but not that "stud". We need that stud that when he hits someone, the staduim goes "Wow, now that was a hit!"

I've been preaching this since i joined. Would love to have a head-hunter type ss that just blows people up. If that's still legal in the new nfl. We need someone other team's recievers fear

Last edited:

Cushing is a pretty hard hitter actually.

That Conner Barwin is something else....looking at the combine highlights and the and his ability to play both sides of the ball.

Watching this guy move is really exciting.

I think we have a couple of hitters hidden on our team with Bulman and Barber. I also think Cush will provide a few hits that make you go WOW, and keep an eye on Quin and Barwin. Oh and don't forget about Ferguson.:d:

Animation1.gif

we did need a physically imposing non-hand-down player who is free to run to the ball and blow up backs.

I'm ready to jump on the Cushing bandwagon once he puts on a Texan unifrom, heck I might put one on myself :texflag:

Back