Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TheRealJoker's 1st Round Mock Draft 2018

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
@infantrycak mentioned posting a mock draft to compare with the Kiper/Mcshays of the world. Put up or shut up time so here we go!!!

Browns: Sam Darnold QB USC
Giants: Saquon Barkley RB Penn State
Jets: Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma
Browns: Bradley Chubb DE NC State
Broncos: Josh Rosen QB UCLA
Colts: Denzel Ward CB Ohio State
Buccaneers: Quenton Nelson OG Notre Dame
Bears: Tremaine Edmunds LB VA Tech
49ers: Roquan Smith LB Georgia
Raiders: Minkah Fitzpatrick S Alabama
Dolphins: Derwin James S FSU
Bills: Josh Allen QB Wyoming
Redskins: Vita Vea DT Washington
Packers: Marcus Davenport DE/OLB UTSA
Cardinals: Lamar Jackson QB Louisville
Ravens: Mike Mcglinchey OT Notre Dame
Chargers: Da'ron Payne DT Alabama
Seahawks: Josh Jackson CB Iowa
Cowboys: Will Hernandez OG UTEP
Lions: Harold Landry OLB Boston College
Bengals: James Daniels OC Iowa
Bills: Isaiah Wynn OG Georgia
Patriots: Leighton Vander Esch LB Boise State
Panthers: DJ Moore WR Maryland
Titans: Rashaan Evans LB Alabama
Falcons: Taven Bryan DT Florida
Saints: Hayden Hurst TE South Carolina
Steelers: Derrius Guice RB LSU
Vikings: Mike Hughes CB UCF
Jaguars: Billy Price C/G Ohio St
Patriots: Kolton Miller OT UCLA
Eagles: Jaire Alexander CB Louisville

Last edited:
There's a few surprises in here. Particularly with my love of the interior OL prospects in this draft.

I think the Cowboys want to continue "building a bully" so slotted Hernandez to them instead of taking a less talented player at a bigger need like WR. Cowboys will win or lose by their running game and OL.

With that same idea in mind, the Jaguars absolutely share that same approach grabbing Billy Price. Leonard Fournette running behind those goons Norwell and Price?! Ouch :(

I honestly think the Colts are trading down again if they can get away with it. But grabbing best CB in the draft since no trades in this mock.

Bucs go BPA here. Which I think is a huge need that is being undersold by the mainstream draftnicks. That OL was not good last year and they have to give Winston all the tools to succeed just like every other team with a 1st round QB.

Raiders getting Minkah Fitzpatrick is such a Gruden move. He was nicknamed "Nick Saban's son" because he shared such a similar work ethic/passion for winning. Total "Gruden Grinder"!

Went Marcus Davenport over Jaire Alexander for Packers because of scarcity of the position over CB. I think Alexander fits them best because he matches up with the quicker WRs in the division better than any other CB like Golden Tate and Diggs. Just not enough edge rushers to go around which makes me think Davenport or Landry are going to be the surprise "reach" like Corey Davis going #5 to the Titans last year. But I can't figure out who takes that chance so I take him with GB.

Steelers go Guice because the top LBs off the board. Could go CB but I figure that Bell's difficulty in negotiations forces their hand.

Back