Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Texans are Angry again...

So another oops in talent eval. You work with these guys all summer, decide this is my guy, cut the other, 2 games in you reverse it.

Yeah, I know a punter change is nothing earth shattering, but man, we've seen this kind of shit for, I guess, 6 years now. With QBs, OL, punters...doesn't matter.

What a clusterfuck.

So another oops in talent eval. You work with these guys all summer, decide this is my guy, cut the other, 2 games in you reverse it.

Yeah, I know a punter change is nothing earth shattering, but man, we've seen this kind of shit for, I guess, 6 years now. With QBs, OL, punters...doesn't matter.

What a clusterfuck.

Hey hey hey ... you need Anger management .

What a clusterfuck.

And remember, much of your list above is O'Brien's supposed area of expertise. He has simply got to go.

Your kicker must have a chemistry with his holder. Who will hold for placekicks with Daniel gone? Anger? Will there be time for Fairbairn to adjust to him?

What a clusterfuck.

Just more of the same from Bipolar Bill.

What a clusterfuck.

With the passing of Bob McNair, Rick Smith leaving, and the firing of Gaine ... there's only 1 common component left over those 6 years. I wonder who it could be.

What a clusterfuck.

Yep, it's just like the offensive tackles prior to the Tunsil trade. I sometimes wonder if the coaches are even there at practice because the Texans seem to have more abrupt changes not caused by injuries at important positions than any team in the league.

The switch out was not a haphazard decision. Last year, Daniel hit >50% of his punts inside of the 20..............this year, <20%.

tenor.gif

If I ever pissed you off. Im sorry Doc. Hope you stick around.

There is nothing worse for a kicker/punter than to be 'fixed' which is the impression that I've gotten from Daniels' change this season. Tiger Woods was the best golfer on the planet for a long while, and there was an entire army of professionals wanting to 'fix' something in his game. Kickers/Punters don't get to the pro level without knowing what they're doing. Minor tweaks to foot placement, catching, timing - improving symmetry in the process is how to make the most of your player. Changing any part of the kicking process itsself is almost always going to end badly, and shouldn't happen ... it means the player is busted or the coordinator is more awesome than the real world.

JJO and Ka'imi better watch out or they are next

We won. I'm willing to let Ka'imi's performance slide today. Maybe make excuses for him. But yeah, he needs to get his head in the game & be money from here on out.

Didn't need him to win the game today, but the day is coming.

Didn't need him to win the game today, but the day is coming.

Only because the defense didn't give up the go ahead or potentially tying TD at the end for a 3rd week in a row. 3 of his 5 misses last year came in the 1st 5 games. Missed just 2 the rest of the year (in 1 game). His only miss thus far, in just 3 attempts, is from 56 yards. And he did have a new holder Sunday. So, I'm not a bit concerned about the kicker right now.

As for the PAT, I guess if you kick enough of them you're bound to miss one or 2 during the course of a season. No excuse, but it happens. Only 3 kickers were perfect last year.

To give a little creds to Anger..............he gave the Texans very good field position averaging 45 yards per punt including a 55-yard punt and 3 of his 4 punts inside the 20.!:)

Lol, he bettsr.. He's a 3rd rounder! (Ahead of Russell Wilson and Nick Foles lol) :)

I love the Jags.

Back