Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The seasons not over .....

We have the colts next week and the season is far from over ! Its not like this game puts us out of play off contention, To be honest i dont expect to make the play offs even though itd be nice i just dont think we're ready yet ! This was a game to see how much we had matured as a team and i can see we havent matured as much as i had thought. And people complain because we dont get respect, we havent earned the right for respect yet. We will get it when we earn it, and until than all we can do is cheer our team on and watch them grow, because they have a lot of growing to do !

"But we should support them no matter what the score may be, We will learn to start games and finish them soon enough, OUR day will come soon enough "CAPERS""

TexansTrueFan said:
We have the colts next week and the season is far from over ! Its not like this game puts us out of play off contention, To be honest i dont expect to make the play offs even though itd be nice i just dont think we're ready yet ! This was a game to see how much we had matured as a team and i can see we havent matured as much as i had thought. And people complain because we dont get respect, we havent earned the right for respect yet. We will get it when we earn it, and until than all we can do is cheer our team on and watch them grow, because they have a lot of growing to do !

"But we should support them no matter what the score may be, We will learn to start games and finish them soon enough, OUR day will come soon enough "CAPERS""

Everyone needs to settle down. We layed an egg. Furthermore, we went into Denver, all the early breaks went against, and they played a great game. Normally, Plummer isn't capable of making that many good decisions. We still control our own destiny. We have 2 left with Indy, 1 with Jacksonville, one with Tennesse... If we win all of those plus Cleveland and Green Bay then we probably win the division. Next week is a huge game for us and I bet we play well. However, if we lose, this board will probably be full of posts about firing the Defensive coaches and replacing the entire secondary- funny how a team like Indy can make defenses look bad.

We are a .500 team. Frankly, that's an improvement. I don't know what most of you guys expect.

eh.. I dont think many of us were EXPECTING anything, so much as hoping. I know I was hoping for a surprise season :)..maybe 10-6 or so hehe. Never know what could happen. if we continue on this pattern of "win 2 lose one" that is exactly where we will be :).

BUT, anyway.. It just would have been fun to watch all the talking heads saying "I KNEW it all along!" and "ive always liked the Texans!" hehehe.

yeah so much for looking for respect from the media this week huh ?!?!?! I can already see all the NO RESPECT threads coming haha

Vinny said:
We are a .500 team. Frankly, that's an improvement. I don't know what most of you guys expect.

Exactly, improve every year, improve every game. Yes being in the position for a playoff spot this year would be great, but most of us already knew it would be next year before we should really expect to be in the running.

As it was mentioned before....the Texans laid an egg....bout it. Nobody except for Carr played at their potential. Missed tackles, missed FG, dropped passes, O-line bending, secondary gettin burned...you name it. Every team so far this year has laid an egg. It was bound to happen.......I just hope it's the last cause really.....this game was the game I expected that egg to be laid on. Since before the season started I predicted a loss w/Denver.

Tonight we and the Texans see just what we can exploit on Indy....we all know we'll need it because of Mr. Co-MVP. The entire team wasn't on top of their game....no where near it. I don't expect another game like this the rest of the season. It's behind us now so let's go and get the rest!!! It's time to crank the heart and soul of this team up to it's max!!! 10-6/Divison champ/'04 playoff team........here we come!! :headbang:

Hey, even if it doesn't happen....these guys, with the exception of the Denver game, have played solid this season........that I can be proud of in this season's conclusion! We get a solid RB in the draft and playoffs next year is a given!

SBTexans08 said:
As it was mentioned before....the Texans laid an egg....bout it. Nobody except for Carr played at their potential. Missed tackles, missed FG, dropped passes, O-line bending, secondary gettin burned...you name it. Every team so far this year has laid an egg. It was bound to happen.......I just hope it's the last cause really.....this game was the game I expected that egg to be laid on. Since before the season started I predicted a loss w/Denver.

Tonight we and the Texans see just what we can exploit on Indy....we all know we'll need it because of Mr. Co-MVP. The entire team wasn't on top of their game....no where near it. I don't expect another game like this the rest of the season. It's behind us now so let's go and get the rest!!! It's time to crank the heart and soul of this team up to it's max!!! 10-6/Divison champ/'04 playoff team........here we come!! :headbang:

Hey, even if it doesn't happen....these guys, with the exception of the Denver game, have played solid this season........that I can be proud of in this season's conclusion! We get a solid RB in the draft and playoffs next year is a given!

so ya didnt think D.D looked any better against Denver ? I think he showed he still has that burst of speed through the hole and looks like he's getting his shifty feet back as well ! I say stick w/ D.D in my opinion !

I would love playoffs but realistically being .500 after 8 games I think is by far better than alot of us expected. We have enjoyed the past month of football and quiet honestly the loss yesterday left me with a losing feeling I haven't felt in a while. We need to see how we will bounce back from this. Alot of us said we would find out alot about our team after the Broncos. So as it stands we are a .500 team and if you look at our wins and losses, the record reflects us pretty accurately (yes including the first two weeks of turnovers). The rest of the season may say otherwise (worse or better) as to what our team really is. I am leaning towards better as the teams we play are certainly capable of losing to us and our run game looked alot better this week and looks to be improving weekly. Who knows maybe we can still go 3-1 in this month.

The game came down to who was hungry denver came to the game with 2 losses starving for a win maybe we will be hungry next week :my twocents:

Damn, what you guys complaining for. Look at your schedule. Pretty nice for a 3rd year expansion team.

if i'm not mistaken i started a NO complaint thread ,,,yea so whats up with all the complaning ???? I try to be a little positive , it helps tha week go by better !

Havoc said:
Damn, what you guys complaining for. Look at your schedule. Pretty nice for a 3rd year expansion team.

And the teams we lossed to are now winning teams. Detroit just became a .500 ball club.

It hasn't been a bad season, just up and down which is to be expected. I just hope we aren't experiencing set backs that keep us from improving, like injuries and stuff.

This team is very resilient and I expect them to come back. Who knows maybe a loss today gets this team prepared to face the division foe we play next and keep our division record squeaky clean at 3-0. 3-0 in the division will be major improvement over the last 2 years.

well i expected 16-0 i mean seriously do some of you go to the games or turn on your TV sets knowing/expecting we are gonna lose ??? Well if ya do than maybe your not as big of a fan as ya thought !

As long as you keep showing up in the stands, which doesn't happen in Jacksonville (good quarterback, running back, receiver, defense,5-3= blackouts)?!?!?! :confused: :um: :dontknowa

all i'm hopeing for the rest of the season is that they keep playing hard...and end the season winning...even if it's ending the season with an 8-8 record...just win the last game...i think that win will set the tone for the next season...the last game i believe is in houston against Indy...to me that's the most important game of this season...if we win that game...i think it gives the guys something to look forward to for the following season...and ending on a positive note is always the way to go no matter how the season has gone

TexansTrueFan said:
so ya didnt think D.D looked any better against Denver ? I think he showed he still has that burst of speed through the hole and looks like he's getting his shifty feet back as well ! I say stick w/ D.D in my opinion !

I think D.D. is a good situational back/reliever...if that. An every down back.....no, no I don't. But hey...that's my opinion....you apparently feel different and you have every right to feel that way. :thumbup

TexansTrueFan said:
well i expected 16-0 i mean seriously do some of you go to the games or turn on your TV sets knowing/expecting we are gonna lose ??? Well if ya do than maybe your not as big of a fan as ya thought !

Being realistic and being a big fan are not mutually exclusive.

Titanico said:
That is kind of the reaction we had when we beat the Titans on the road in Tenn., forcing 4 Steve Mcnair INTs and punching in a game rushing TD for a 20-10 win. :BananaWav

TheOgre said:

Ditto.

Keyfro... I'm sure this would've been found eventually, but the last game is home against the Browns.

El Tejano said:
That is kind of the reaction we had when we beat the Titans on the road in Tenn., forcing 4 Steve Mcnair INTs and punching in a game rushing TD for a 20-10 win. :BananaWav

Hate to laugh, we got the same. But that's kinda funny! lol:

TheOgre said:

Well i'm glad ya told me ,,,haha i dont know why i even watch the games anymore,,,, Forget it its a lost cause !!!! there that attitude any better ?

Well i'm gonna put in my opinion. If the fans have bad attitudes it will rub off on the players and we will do bad. I've seen it done, my high-school actually. Almost the whole school thinks we will lose every game. So since they have a bad attitude it rubs off on our players so guess what we do, we lose. Our record this season was horrible. we only won 1 game! I know the Texans are WAY different then a hs team but we need to still show support. idonno: :thumbup

TexanSuperstar said:
Well i'm gonna put in my opinion. If the fans have bad attitudes it will rub off on the players and we will do bad. I've seen it done, my high-school actually. Almost the whole school thinks we will lose every game. So since they have a bad attitude it rubs off on our players so guess what we do, we lose. Our record this season was horrible. we only won 1 game! I know the Texans are WAY different then a hs team but we need to still show support. idonno: :thumbup

Yeah the high school sucked this year but hey they moved to 5A !!! Only way it will rub off on the Texans players if there starts beign a lot of empty seats, and i dont think one loss will change how we fill about them, they should come out swinging next week i just hope they dont have a hangover from the Broncos game !

i think the air did have an affect on them,,,they just wore out early and fast ,,,thats why mile high is such a hard place to play at !!! We need to make reliant stadium 2 miles high :loser

Well being in a different surrounding can change some things. I wish there was something we could do to change the score around. I'm just gonna wait til we play again. I think we can beat the Colts, as long as our Defense shows up and is at the game we have a good chance.

Yeah i dont think we had a D against Denver. Which we really needed it so we could beat them. But i bet they'll be there vs. the Colts cause the coaches have a lot to say, well at least i would have a lot to say if i was a coach. But i'm not so i'm gonna let the coaches do their jobs without me.:)

ThirdEyeBC32 said:
What do you guys think about the high altitude and the later start time might have thrown us of a bit? I've never played in high altitude so I don't know thats why I'm asking. We just didn't look like the same team out there.

Well, I lived in Colorado for a few years, and if you are not used to the altitude, it definitely can affect you. Especially if you are drinking! :party: :evilb:

Yeah i know ,without the drinking part. I've been to colorade 3 or 4 times and i'm going back this december. Its a great place but the altitude does effect us texans!

I was in the stands for the Broncos game and there was a surplus of alchol (sp) induced intelegence among the Bronco fans. Not sure how much the altitude had to do with it.

TexanSuperstar said:
Yeah i know ,without the drinking part. I've been to colorade 3 or 4 times and i'm going back this december. Its a great place but the altitude does effect us texans!

Yeah My cousin lives in denver and everytime I go to visit him the altitude takes alot out of me. It makes me tired and feel drained, it takes a couple of days to get aclimated to the air. I can only imagine how tired you must get if your running around for a couple of hours.

Back