Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Rate My Draft Thread

dc_txtech

All Pro
My main league always drafts a little early so I guess I'll start the thread out this season.

Starters
1 QB
3 WR
2 RB
1 TE
1 K
1 Def

6 points for all TD's
1 point per 10 yard rec/rush
1/2 point per reception
1 point per 20 return yards
1 point per 50 yards passing

10 team league I got the 5th pick

1. Marshawn Lynch
2. Dez Bryant
3. Randall Cobb
4. Jimmy Graham
5. Darren Sproles
6. T.Y. Hilton
7. RG III
8. Andre Brown
9. Andrew Luck
10. Eddie Lacy
11. Emmanuel Sanders
12. Cordarelle Patterson
13. Jacquizz Rodgers
14. Riley Cooper
15. Seattle Def
16. Mason Crosby

I thought Graham in the 4th was ridiculous value and I probably reached on TY. My QB situation seems boom or bust and I"m not happy with Jacque or Riley. But I like my team at this point.

Whatdoyathink?

Hitting Sproles in the 5th in a PPR format is golden. I was burned by Quizz all last season although. technically he still got on average 7 points a game. Being able to get Seattles D without doing an early pick is nice. Extremely high on Lacy, I'm actually targeting him in my 5-6th rounds in my draft next week.

I don't really like any of your receivers after Dez and Cobb. I like TY a little, but I'm sure there were better options, I have a deep deep list of WRs on my board and I'm planning on taking the bulk of my WR depth in rounds 8-10. An Eagles WR who will be a good value in PPR leagues to watch is Avant. If he starts to flash high catch totals with Maclin out drop Cooper and take him.

Your best picks:
Bryant in the second: There is an A+ Tier for WRs featuring just 3 WRs in my opinion. Especially in PPR. Those 3 are AJ Green, Dez Bryant and Brandon Marshall (Megatron is in the S tier). Those are the only receivers I would think of taking in the second. They are all exceptional athletes, the primary receiver in their offense, and the other options in the passing attack aren't particularly attractive, or are in a decline.

Jimmy Graham in the 4th and Darren Sproles in the 5th: The #1 and #3 option in the Saints passing attacks in very valuable rounds? Yes please

Andrew Luck in the 9th: I especially like the pairing with RGIII. It's good insurance in case the worst should happen. Luck is pretty much a stand alone fantasy starter anyway because honestly the rest of the team outside of the QB, WRs, and TEs aren't that good. So they will throw a lot.

Eddie Lacy in the 10th. I love this guy this year. Early scare about him being a RBBC however Franklin has reportedly looked bad in camp, and unfortunately for me Lacy is had a monster of a game this week.

Your worst pick: Cordarelle Patterson in the 12. Unless your league gives points for return yards I don't see you getting much play out of him. Yes he looked good vs us. However, the offense will run through Adrian Peterson. Also, even when passing he'll be behind Jennings, Rudolph, and possibly Simpson. There are plans to use Rudolph alot more between the 20s this season and he'll be a focal point of their passing attack.

That said to have your worst pick be that late is the sign of an extremely strong draft. Enjoy your playoff berth my friend

Hitting Sproles in the 5th in a PPR format is golden. I was burned by Quizz all last season although. technically he still got on average 7 points a game. Being able to get Seattles D without doing an early pick is nice. Extremely high on Lacy, I'm actually targeting him in my 5-6th rounds in my draft next week.

I don't really like any of your receivers after Dez and Cobb. I like TY a little, but I'm sure there were better options, I have a deep deep list of WRs on my board and I'm planning on taking the bulk of my WR depth in rounds 8-10. An Eagles WR who will be a good value in PPR leagues to watch is Avant. If he starts to flash high catch totals with Maclin out drop Cooper and take him.

Your best picks:
Bryant in the second: There is an A+ Tier for WRs featuring just 3 WRs in my opinion. Especially in PPR. Those 3 are AJ Green, Dez Bryant and Brandon Marshall (Megatron is in the S tier). Those are the only receivers I would think of taking in the second. They are all exceptional athletes, the primary receiver in their offense, and the other options in the passing attack aren't particularly attractive, or are in a decline.

Jimmy Graham in the 4th and Darren Sproles in the 5th: The #1 and #3 option in the Saints passing attacks in very valuable rounds? Yes please

Andrew Luck in the 9th: I especially like the pairing with RGIII. It's good insurance in case the worst should happen. Luck is pretty much a stand alone fantasy starter anyway because honestly the rest of the team outside of the QB, WRs, and TEs aren't that good. So they will throw a lot.

Eddie Lacy in the 10th. I love this guy this year. Early scare about him being a RBBC however Franklin has reportedly looked bad in camp, and unfortunately for me Lacy is had a monster of a game this week.

Your worst pick: Cordarelle Patterson in the 12. Unless your league gives points for return yards I don't see you getting much play out of him. Yes he looked good vs us. However, the offense will run through Adrian Peterson. Also, even when passing he'll be behind Jennings, Rudolph, and possibly Simpson. There are plans to use Rudolph alot more between the 20s this season and he'll be a focal point of their passing attack.

That said to have your worst pick be that late is the sign of an extremely strong draft. Enjoy your playoff berth my friend

Thanks for the feedback man, the only thing I can say is that WR's went quick. I got to the 6th round and guys that are usually there were gone. Not sure how much I trust TY but the only other viable option was Stevie Johnson, who would have been a decent pick but I gambled on TY.

Thanks Brandon!

After hearing that and checking my board, Emmanual Sanders in the 11th was a pretty good pick, I have him listed as one of my options in the 9th of a 12 team full point PPR league. He's not at the top of the list but a "settle" option.

My big draft next week is 12 team, 6pt TD passes, 1pt. PPR, 5 point bonuses each for reaching the following yardage goals, 100/200 rushing or receiving yards, 300/450 passing yards. 1 point for every 25 kick/punt return yards.

1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1RB/WR/TE, K, DEF

I'm picking 5th as well. Heres my draft plan round by round. (revamped based on new preseason performances) The asterisk designates last resort

I don't go by ADP, because my league doesn't really follow that anyway. I go by Vibes based on team history, offseason activity, and preseason performance. The last 2 times I tried to go by ADP against the people in my league I always ended up taking people I hated/didn't feel good about because the people I did feel good about had a really late ADP and I tried to be smarter than everyone else.

Round 1: AD, Foster, Doug Martin, Jamaal Charles, CJ Spiller
Round 2: AJ Green, Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall
(Contingency if above 3 are gone: Forte, Bush, Steven Jackson, Chris Johnson, Steven Ridley*)
Round 3: The above contingency players +Darren McFadden, Darren Sproles, David Wilson, Randall Cobb*.
Round 4: Dwayne Bowe, Vincent Jackson, Roddy White, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Wes Welker, Marcus Colston*, James Jones*
Round 5: QB, or Eddie Lacy if there are still a lot of QBs I'm specifically targeting still on the board and not too many teams in the next 7picks need a QB.
Round 6: Eddie Lacy, Law Firm, Montee Ball, Mark Ingram, Shane Vareen
(Contingency: A QB if I end up taking Lacy in round 5)
Round 7: Above RBs, Deangelo Williams, Daryl Richardson (probably will move down after the big game by Pead today), Danny Woodhead.

Round 8: Mike Williams, Desean Jackson, Miles Austin, Josh Gordon, Lance Moore, Chris Givens
Round 9: Vincent Brown, Alshon Jeffrey, Emmanual Sanders, Sidney Rice, Micheal Floyd, DeAndre Hopkins
Round 10: Derius Hayward Bey, Rod Streeter, Tavon Austin, Kenny Stills, Start looking at QB depth or TEs*

After that it's TEs, backup QB, Kicker and Defense. I don't particularly have round by round targets for those, I'll mostly be looking for slips and my late late sleepers like Rob Housler. Also, if I don't get one of those 3WRs in the second, I'll be taking 4 RBs in my first 5 picks,

Everyone I've listed I have good to very good vibes for, even Run DMC, but I'd probably only take him in the 3rd

Solid dx.

I like ty more then others. Young wr who's going to get better playing with a qb who's going to get better. You probably aren't going to get an 80 catch season out of him but you might just get an 8-10 td year. Wayne has to slow down at some point and when he does you'll be thrilled to have him.

I like how you doubled up on young qbs. They both put up sick numbers as rookies and at least 1 of the 2 should break out a great year. High ceiling players.

Brown and lacey may not do a lot early on but be patient. Again high ceiling.

Dez scares me. He could be superman again or spend all year in the trainors room.

Rodgers and Cooper are throw away picks. I like patterson but you may not get a return on the pick till the last quarter of the season.

Your draft looks like an all or nothing approach to me. I like it.

It's a decent draft dc but I think you might not love your RB's by the middle or end of the season.

Solid dx.

I like ty more then others. Young wr who's going to get better playing with a qb who's going to get better. You probably aren't going to get an 80 catch season out of him but you might just get an 8-10 td year. Wayne has to slow down at some point and when he does you'll be thrilled to have him.

I like how you doubled up on young qbs. They both put up sick numbers as rookies and at least 1 of the 2 should break out a great year. High ceiling players.

Brown and lacey may not do a lot early on but be patient. Again high ceiling.

Dez scares me. He could be superman again or spend all year in the trainors room.

Rodgers and Cooper are throw away picks. I like patterson but you may not get a return on the pick till the last quarter of the season.

Your draft looks like an all or nothing approach to me. I like it.

Thanks for the response man. I agree with most of your takes.

Dez is scary but his upside is through the roof, I'll cross my fingers on that one.

Rodgers and Cooper are definitely throwaways, I wish they weren't on my team but the alcohol was flowing pretty heavy by the end of the draft.

Lacy looks like he could surprise this year and with Brown I'm just kinda hoping David Wilson fails as the primary backs. Great upside if he becomes the workhorse in NY.

It's a decent draft dc but I think you might not love your RB's by the middle or end of the season.

You very well might be right. That was something I knew going in to the draft and that's coming from a guy that loves stocking up on RB's. If Lynch goes down I'm in big trouble but if he can repeat last years numbers I think I can find a solid number two on my roster or on the waiver wire.

I have a hard time trusting lynch completely because of his early career stats but he has been a bank the last 2 years. I look at his offense and KNOW until someone else steps up he is the focal point. His yardage may drop a bit (possibly) but I dont think his td's or at least his td opportunities will.

Sproles has been the rock of gibralter in terms of consistency for years now. Sure i'd like the guy more in a full point per reception format. He's a year older but sean payton is back and I think it evens out. 60 receptions is a safe expectation which translates to 30 points. Dx could do a lot worse. Sproles is safe though he shouldn't expect a monumental year.

When I mentioned an all or nothing approach in my previous post I was talking about everyone excluding lynch and sproles. They look like his safest picks to me.

My main league always drafts a little early so I guess I'll start the thread out this season.

Starters
1 QB
3 WR
2 RB
1 TE
1 K
1 Def

6 points for all TD's
1 point per 10 yard rec/rush
1/2 point per reception
1 point per 20 return yards
1 point per 50 yards passing

10 team league I got the 5th pick

1. Marshawn Lynch
2. Dez Bryant
3. Randall Cobb
4. Jimmy Graham
5. Darren Sproles
6. T.Y. Hilton
7. RG III
8. Andre Brown
9. Andrew Luck
10. Eddie Lacy
11. Emmanuel Sanders
12. Cordarelle Patterson
13. Jacquizz Rodgers
14. Riley Cooper
15. Seattle Def
16. Mason Crosby

I thought Graham in the 4th was ridiculous value and I probably reached on TY. My QB situation seems boom or bust and I"m not happy with Jacque or Riley. But I like my team at this point.

Whatdoyathink?

Wow, your starters look a lot like mine!! I am too in a 10 team league. These are my starters.

QB- T. Brady
RB- M. Lynch
RB- D. Sproles
WR- Calvin Johnson
WR- R. Cobb
WR- A. Decker
TE- J. Graham
Def- Arizona
K- R. Bullock

I have a hard time trusting lynch completely because of his early career stats but he has been a bank the last 2 years. I look at his offense and KNOW until someone else steps up he is the focal point. His yardage may drop a bit (possibly) but I dont think his td's or at least his td opportunities will.

Sproles has been the rock of gibralter in terms of consistency for years now. Sure i'd like the guy more in a full point per reception format. He's a year older but sean payton is back and I think it evens out. 60 receptions is a safe expectation which translates to 30 points. Dx could do a lot worse. Sproles is safe though he shouldn't expect a monumental year.

When I mentioned an all or nothing approach in my previous post I was talking about everyone excluding lynch and sproles. They look like his safest picks to me.

I have trust issues with my team as well.

The thing with this years draft though is there are questions with all the top RB's imo.

AP - safest pick in the draft, 18 months removed from ACL surgery
Foster - questions about missing week 1, insane workload, low ypc last year
Martin - rookie season last year, not super consistent, hurt already
Lynch - injuries in early career, looks to have fewer carries this season
Spiller - 5'11 195 supposed to take a full workload for first time, new QB, new coaching staff
Charles - Hurt already, history of injuries, smaller back, never handled full workload.
Mccoy - Smaller back, new offense, 1 concussion away from sitting out a few games
Morris - Shannahanigans, sophomore back, RG3 health

I could keep going but like Powda said, I feel like Lynch is the safe pick and probably not a homerun. Same with Sproles, it's PPR with 1 pt per 20 return yards which means Sproles should score at least a few points every week. He might not end up on the top performers list week in and week out but I also don't have to worry about him putting up goose eggs.

Wow, your starters look a lot like mine!! I am too in a 10 team league. These are my starters.

QB- T. Brady
RB- M. Lynch
RB- D. Sproles
WR- Calvin Johnson
WR- R. Cobb
WR- A. Decker
TE- J. Graham
Def- Arizona
K- R. Bullock

That looks like a really good team man. What pick were you and in what order did you take your players?

In my other money league, the more competetive one. These are my starters and bench. I always go for Rb's but I did something different this year just because the way the draft was going.

14 team league 1 Qb 2 RBs 3 WR 1 TE 1 DEF 1 kicker. I had the 12th pick.

.5 ppr
10 yards rushing
10 yards recieving
25 yards passing. pretty standard.

1. Calvin Johnson, Det WR
2. A.J. Green, Cin WR
3. Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac RB
4. Andre Johnson, Hou WR
5. Robert Griffin III, Wsh QB
6. Ryan Mathews, SD RB
7. Andre Brown, NYG RB
8. Giovani Bernard, Cin RB
9. Andy Dalton, Cin QB
10. Percy Harvin*, Sea WR
11. Kendall Wright, Ten WR
12. Jared Cook, StL TE
13. Cardinals D/ST D/ST
14. Randy Bullock, Hou

14 team league is hard, after the 8th round it gets pretty hard. Percy harvin was my drunk pick. i thought he was coming back in 6 weeks. Going to drop him.

Last edited:
That looks like a really good team man. What pick were you and in what order did you take your players?

I had the 8th pick. But we were allowed to keep two players. i kept Lynch and Calvin. My first pick was jimmy graham 2. Cobb 3. Sproles 4. Decker 5. T. Brady 6. G. bernard 7. andre brown 8. Russell wislon 9. Chris givens 10. Deandre Hopkins 11. Leshoure 12. C. jordan TE

I was thinking I'd be "stuck" with Spiller or Charles with my 8th pick. You think both are worthy or a top 5??

Interesting.

I had Spillers last year and he was great in a 3-5 game stretch considering the touches he got. He really is capable of scores and huge gains on any touch.

And as much as I like spillers I like Charles more. He's done fantastic things already previous to andy reid. Charles should have a boatload of receptions reminiscent of mccoy a couple of years ago. In ppr he should be a top 5 guy.

Neither player should make you feel "stuck" and instead fortunate. Forte is another type i'll be looking for in round 2. A trestman offense that gifted charlie garner 91 receptions a few years back...

In my other money league, the more competetive one. These are my starters and bench. I always go for Rb's but I did something different this year just because the way the draft was going.

14 team league 1 Qb 2 RBs 3 WR 1 TE 1 DEF 1 kicker

3. A.J. Green, Cin WR
4. Andre Johnson, Hou WR
6. Ryan Mathews, SD RB
7. Andre Brown, NYG RB
9. Andy Dalton, Cin QB
12. Jared Cook, StL TE
13. Cardinals D/ST D/ST
14. Randy Bullock, Hou

14 team league is hard, after the 8th round it gets pretty hard. Percy harvin was my drunk pick. i thought he was coming back in 6 weeks. Going to drop him.

14 team drafts are tough, amazing you were able to get that set of WR's. Having MJD and Ryan Mathews as your starting RB's sucks bad though. I guess you could luck out on that. You need RG3 and your backup RB's to step up for you.

14 team drafts are tough, amazing you were able to get that set of WR's. Having MJD and Ryan Mathews as your starting RB's sucks bad though. I guess you could luck out on that. You need RG3 and your backup RB's to step up for you.

Yeah I know. But for example, the best RB available with the 12th pick was Chris Johnson. I am not picking Chris over Calvin. And then I couldnt pass up A.J. Green in the second. I just hope that MJD returns to his normal self.

Ive never played a 14 team league but i have mocked it quite a bit. The results are always drastically different. You almost have to take a loss somewhere in that format so best of luck. I think g. bernard and brown might turn out ok. If you can get a handful of games out of Mathews you should be alright.

For those posting here in the future please remember to include your scoring system and team totals. Judging a ppr or a 14 team league can be significantly different...

Ive never played a 14 team league but i have mocked it quite a bit. The results are always drastically different. You almost have to take a loss somewhere in that format so best of luck. I think g. bernard and brown might turn out ok. If you can get a handful of games out of Mathews you should be alright.

For those posting here in the future please remember to include your scoring system and team totals. Judging a ppr or a 14 team league can be significantly different...

yeah, forgot to mention, sorry.

.5 ppr
10 yards rushing
10 yards recieving

yeah, forgot to mention, sorry.

.5 ppr
10 yards rushing
10 yards recieving

Sting I look at AJ green and think not only is he a great player, but he's one of the marque players who should get better. Couple him with a qb who should get better and you should easily have the best wr combination in your league (johnson,johnson, and green...holy crap.) What would concern me is your depth behind them...and of couse your rb stats as previously mentioned.

Sting I look at AJ green and think not only is he a great player, but he's one of the marque players who should get better. Couple him with a qb who should get better and you should easily have the best wr combination in your league (johnson,johnson, and green...holy crap.) What would concern me us your depth behind them...and of couse your rb stats as previously mentioned.

Yep. when I drafted Calvin and A.J., I knew my Rb's were going to be risky backs. But I was willing to take that risk. I have won this league 2 out of the last 3 years. I have won some good payouts in this league. $150 to enter and 14 teams can add up to good payouts even for ending up in 3rd. Thanks for the feedback.

Yep. when I drafted Calvin and A.J., I knew my Rb's were going to be risky backs. But I was willing to take that risk. I have won this league 2 out of the last 3 years. I have won some good payouts in this league. $150 to enter and 14 teams can add up to good payouts even for ending up in 3rd. Thanks for the feedback.

Has anyone payed attention to dobson the 2nd round pick in New england last year? Welkers gone and danny a will be healthy for about 10 minutes. Receptions have to go somewhere. Sting I dont know the extent of harvin's injuries but dobson is a solid shot in the dark to me.

Has anyone payed attention to dobson the 2nd round pick in New england last year? Welkers gone and danny a will be healthy for about 10 minutes. Receptions have to go somewhere. Sting I dont know the extent of harvin's injuries but dobson is a solid shot in the dark to me.

Dobson was picked in one of the last rounds. There is literally nothing available on the free agent list. The best available Wr's are santana moss, donnie Avery and Nate Washinton. :mariopalm: I will just wait till the season starts.

T austin, j blackmon, k wright, britt, and even our own hopkins are players im looking for late. Highly drafted talented players who should also get opportunities. I know im taking a stab at rb's early which means my wr depth will be weak so i've researched a lot of 3rd tier wideouts. Mix opportunity with talent and system and you have a recipe for success. Snag enough of them and you will hit pay dirt eventually.

My recipe this year is qb late, te late. My core will be rb's EARLY. When everyone else is scrambling for rbs by comitte, i'll be tracking down young wr's from a much bigger pool...

I have trust issues with my team as well.

The thing with this years draft though is there are questions with all the top RB's imo.

AP - safest pick in the draft, 18 months removed from ACL surgery
Foster - questions about missing week 1, insane workload, low ypc last year
Martin - rookie season last year, not super consistent, hurt already
Lynch - injuries in early career, looks to have fewer carries this season
Spiller - 5'11 195 supposed to take a full workload for first time, new QB, new coaching staff
Charles - Hurt already, history of injuries, smaller back, never handled full workload.
Mccoy - Smaller back, new offense, 1 concussion away from sitting out a few games
Morris - Shannahanigans, sophomore back, RG3 health

I could keep going but like Powda said, I feel like Lynch is the safe pick and probably not a homerun. Same with Sproles, it's PPR with 1 pt per 20 return yards which means Sproles should score at least a few points every week. He might not end up on the top performers list week in and week out but I also don't have to worry about him putting up goose eggs.

The problem with RB's this year is there just aren't a whole lot of them to choose from so even though these guys you listed may have some questions about them, they are still undoubtedly studs and all are very worthy of the first round. Martin was cleared of a concussion, so there's no issue there, and Charles foot issue is just a strain I believe (so it shouldn't bother too much). I also believe Arian is going to be playing that first game, even though we are reading about back injections and whatnot. Spiller is a definitely a top 5 back, and the Bills coaching staff has stated publicly they are using him till the wheels fall off.

EDIT: My RB draft board goes something like 1. AP 2. Martin 3. Spiller 4. Foster 5. Lynch 6. Charles 7. McCoy 9. Richardson 10. Rice 11. Morris

Dobson was picked in one of the last rounds. There is literally nothing available on the free agent list. The best available Wr's are santana moss, donnie Avery and Nate Washinton. :mariopalm: I will just wait till the season starts.

What about Kenbrell Thompkins? He actually got the start over Dobson on Friday.

14 team league 1 Qb 2 RBs 3 WR 1 TE 1 DEF 1 kicker. I had the 12th pick.

.5 ppr
10 yards rushing
10 yards recieving

2. A.J. Green, Cin WR
4. Andre Johnson, Hou WR
6. Ryan Mathews, SD RB
7. Andre Brown, NYG RB
9. Andy Dalton, Cin QB
12. Jared Cook, StL TE
13. Cardinals D/ST D/ST
14. Randy Bullock, Hou

I would like to know which RB's you passed on for Green in the 2nd.

I was thinking I'd be "stuck" with Spiller or Charles with my 8th pick. You think both are worthy or a top 5??

Interesting.

It's a full point PPR, and we get a bonus 5 points every 100 yards rushing or receiving. Both backs are capable of big gains which makes hitting that 100 easier.

Watch tonight, but I'd look at Kenbrell Thompkins and Julien Edelman ahead of Dobson, and watch for Zach Sudfeld as their new "move" TE.

Here's my 10 standard scoring standard rosters mock. I was team 2:

umGcuDN.png

I don't go by ADP...

Round 1: AD, Foster, Doug Martin, Jamaal Charles, CJ Spiller
Round 2: AJ Green, Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall
(Contingency if above 3 are gone: Forte, Bush, Steven Jackson, Chris Johnson, Steven Ridley*)
Round 3: The above contingency players +Darren McFadden, Darren Sproles, David Wilson, Randall Cobb*.
Round 4: Dwayne Bowe, Vincent Jackson, Roddy White, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Wes Welker, Marcus Colston*, James Jones*
Round 5: QB, or Eddie Lacy if there are still a lot of QBs I'm specifically targeting still on the board and not too many teams in the next 7picks need a QB.
Round 6: Eddie Lacy, Law Firm, Montee Ball, Mark Ingram, Shane Vareen
(Contingency: A QB if I end up taking Lacy in round 5)
Round 7: Above RBs, Deangelo Williams, Daryl Richardson (probably will move down after the big game by Pead today), Danny Woodhead.

Round 8: Mike Williams, Desean Jackson, Miles Austin, Josh Gordon, Lance Moore, Chris Givens
Round 9: Vincent Brown, Alshon Jeffrey, Emmanual Sanders, Sidney Rice, Micheal Floyd, DeAndre Hopkins
Round 10: Derius Hayward Bey, Rod Streeter, Tavon Austin, Kenny Stills, Start looking at QB depth or TEs*

Surely you've got to use ADP to get started building something like that right?

12 team 1pt. PPR, and a bonus 5 points for every 100 yards (Starts at 300 for QBs). Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 Flex, 1TE 1DST, 1K

5th Pick Snake Draft
Pick 5 Doug Martin
Pick 20 Brandon Marshall
Pick 29 Maurice Jones Drew
Pick 44 Vincent Jackson
Pick 53 Eddie Lacy
Pick 68 Andrew Luck (11th QB taken)
Pick 77 Deangelo Williams
Pick 92 Lance Moore
Pick 101 Alshon Jeffrey
Pick 116 Josh Gordon
Pick 125 Justin Blackmon
Pick 140 Ravens DST (10th Defense Taken)
Pick 149 Jordan Cameron TE
Pick 164 Patriots DST (15th Defense Taken)
Pick 173 Dwayne Allen
Pick 188 Greg Zuerlein (I knew I'd get my next guy)
Pick 197 Bilal Powell

Starting Lineup Week 1
Andrew Luck
Doug Martin
MJD
Brandon Marshall
Vincent Jackson
Lance Moore
Jordan Cameron
Eddie Lacy
Patriots D/ST (playing Buffalo)
Greg Zuerlein

Last edited:
I would like to know which RB's you passed on for Green in the 2nd.

The best available in the second round were Steven Jackson, Lamar Miller, Matt Forte and Reggie Bush.

I don't love any of them. I just thought that Green has way more upside.

12 team 1pt. PPR, and a bonus 5 points for every 100 yards (Starts at 300 for QBs). Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 Flex, 1TE 1DST, 1K

5th Pick Snake Draft
Pick 5 Doug Martin
Pick 20 Brandon Marshall
Pick 44 Vincent Jackson
Pick 53 Eddie Lacy
Pick 92 Lance Moore
Pick 101 Alshon Jeffrey
Pick 116 Josh Gordon
Pick 125 Justin Blackmon
Pick 173 Dwayne Allen
Pick 197 Bilal Powell

Starting Lineup Week 1
Andrew Luck
Doug Martin
MJD
Brandon Marshall
Vincent Jackson
Lance Moore
Jordan Cameron
Eddie Lacy
Greg Zuerlein

Like this for the most part. Good starters, some good upside picks in there with Cameron, Lacy, DeAngelo, Josh.

I would have gone Rob Housler instead of Allen, but he's been in the doghouse with the team all preseason and he just got a high ankle sprain. Not much left on the board as far as TE goes at that point and I wanted 1 solid guy in case Cameron doesn't pan out. Unfortunately I didn't really get it in Allen. I'm kind of just using him as a holding spot until something happens in the season. Also trying to trade VJax and Allen for D. Bowe and Cook. So I might get that

5th Pick Snake Draft
Pick 5 Doug Martin
Pick 20 Brandon Marshall
Pick 44 Vincent Jackson
Pick 53 Eddie Lacy
Pick 92 Lance Moore
Pick 101 Alshon Jeffrey
Pick 116 Josh Gordon
Pick 125 Justin Blackmon
Pick 173 Dwayne Allen
Pick 197 Bilal Powell

Starting Lineup Week 1
Andrew Luck
Doug Martin
MJD
Brandon Marshall
Vincent Jackson
Lance Moore
Jordan Cameron
Eddie Lacy
Greg Zuerlein

I don't understand spending two picks on DST's unless you have a lot bench space. You'll do just as well playing match-ups with the waiver wire rather than carrying two units for the whole season. Whomever is playing the Jets or Raiders are probably good bets for 10 points.

We have 7 bench spots and the defenses get points for all kinds of things. The bears put up a 60 point performance in one game last season. We also have roster limits, so it was choice between a really garbage backup QB (QBs fly off the draft in our league) or another garbage TE, or another kicker. I wanted Powell with my last RB spot and knew I'd get him. Really my last 3 picks were throwaway picks since I couldn't pick up another WR, and I only had 1 RB spot left. It came down to Helu and Powell for that last RB spot and Helu went before my Cameron pick

5th Pick Snake Draft
Pick 5 Doug Martin
Pick 20 Brandon Marshall
Pick 44 Vincent Jackson
Pick 53 Eddie Lacy
Pick 92 Lance Moore
Pick 101 Alshon Jeffrey
Pick 116 Josh Gordon
Pick 125 Justin Blackmon
Pick 173 Dwayne Allen
Pick 197 Bilal Powell

Starting Lineup Week 1
Andrew Luck
Doug Martin
MJD
Brandon Marshall
Vincent Jackson
Lance Moore
Jordan Cameron
Eddie Lacy
Greg Zuerlein

I love the martin-luck duo. Both players will only get better and Martin doesn't have to be much better to take the throne as the top rb in the league. Looks like you had your finger on the pulse of your competition by getting luck as the 11th qb. GREAT value.

Marshal wont put up the same gaudy stats but even 20 receptions and a couple hundred yards less then last year would still make him a beast. Jackson should be better with an improved freeman (i expect) ,and you'll get plenty of opportunities with moore as a very solid #3. New orleans will have an improved offense.

I dont like lacey as immediate starter though by midseason he should pay off. Hes still an unknown and starting an unknown is always a risk. You should be ok ultimately.

I do not like dwilliams but at that point in the draft you probably didnt have a lot of better options. I like your saturation drafting of wideouts with potential. Between jeffery, gordon, and blackmon someone will emerge and unseat moore or lacey as your starter.

Very solid I think. Your season hinges on Martin, Luck, Lacey and the emergence of a young wideout. You should be on the lookout for another te on the waiver wire. Most of us will be. Good Job and good luck.

Watt-did-you-say?
1. (2) Arian Foster
(Hou - RB)
2. (19) Maurice Jones-Drew
(Jac - RB)
3. (22) Chris Johnson
(Ten - RB)
4. (39) Torrey Smith
(Bal - WR)
5. (42) Danny Amendola
(NE - WR)
6. (59) Russell Wilson
(Sea - QB)
7. (62) Mike Wallace
(Mia - WR)
8. (79) Darren McFadden
(Oak - RB)
9. (82) Jermichael Finley
(GB - TE)
10. (99) T.Y. Hilton
(Ind - WR)
11. (102) Cincinnati
(Cin - DEF)
12. (119) Rashard Mendenhall
(Ari - RB)
13. (122) Josh Gordon
(Cle - WR)
14. (139) Josh Freeman
(TB - QB)
15. (142) Alshon Jeffery
(Chi - WR)
16. (159) Mason Crosby
(GB - K)

10 team league - no ppr - 1 extra point for 100 yds receiving/rushing - 2 extra points for 200 receiving/rushing

Starters
1qb
2 wr
2 rb
1 te
1 wr/rb/te
1 k
1 def

10 man, 0PPR 6pt Passing TD 6 point REC TD, 6 point rusj td:

1. Arian Foster
2. MJD
3. Forte
4. Vincent Jackson
5. Reggie Wayne
6. Gronk
7. RG3
8. Lamar Miller
9. Antonio Brown
10. Gio Bernard
11. Kenny Britt
13. Josh Gordon
14. Blair Walsh
15. Bernard Pierce

I feel good about the draft, crititque me!

Watt-did-you-say?
1. (2) Arian Foster
(Hou - RB)
2. (19) Maurice Jones-Drew
(Jac - RB)
3. (22) Chris Johnson
(Ten - RB)
4. (39) Torrey Smith
(Bal - WR)
5. (42) Danny Amendola
(NE - WR)
6. (59) Russell Wilson
(Sea - QB)
7. (62) Mike Wallace
(Mia - WR)
8. (79) Darren McFadden
(Oak - RB)
9. (82) Jermichael Finley
(GB - TE)
10. (99) T.Y. Hilton
(Ind - WR)
11. (102) Cincinnati
(Cin - DEF)
12. (119) Rashard Mendenhall
(Ari - RB)
13. (122) Josh Gordon
(Cle - WR)
14. (139) Josh Freeman
(TB - QB)
15. (142) Alshon Jeffery
(Chi - WR)
16. (159) Mason Crosby
(GB - K)

10 team league - no ppr - 1 extra point for 100 yds receiving/rushing - 2 extra points for 200 receiving/rushing

Starters
1qb
2 wr
2 rb
1 te
1 wr/rb/te
1 k
1 def

Getting 3 solid RBs to start off was a good play. Not to mention each of those 3 has a chance at that 100 yard bonus (receiving or rushing). I like the late McFadden pick, but to add another injury prone RB in Mendenhall might come back to bite you. Between Hilton, Smith, and Amendola you'll have a good starting core. If Jeffrey continues to flash that'll add to your options even more. Gordon can be solid too. Lots of upside with Finley, seems to have noticed that whining doesn't get the ball thrown to you in GB.

Solid Draft yo 4 tiphats :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

10 man, 0PPR 6pt Passing TD 6 point REC TD, 6 point rusj td:

1. Arian Foster
2. MJD
3. Forte
4. Vincent Jackson
5. Reggie Wayne
6. Gronk
7. RG3
8. Lamar Miller
9. Antonio Brown
10. Gio Bernard
11. Kenny Britt
13. Josh Gordon
14. Blair Walsh
15. Bernard Pierce

I feel good about the draft, crititque me!

You better hope RGIII plays week one and looks good. Getting 3 solid RBs to start off is always a solid play, especially since you still hauled in VJax and Reggie Wayne. I wanted Wayne with my 4th when I picked VJax but he was gone :(. Gio Bernard will probably be your top RB backup. Everyone seems to like Josh Gordon lately :tiphat:

Gronk probably won't be back till week 3, you might need to find another TE.

I give it 3 tiphats and a jogger :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::jogger:

Yeah the bottom few are expendable for matchups for TE, but I feel good about it for my big money league. One guy grabbed Crabtree in the 3rd. LOL's were had.

Drafting 12th in a 12 team 1/2 point per reception league, is it realistic to expect one of the top 4 QB's to make back to you at pick #36 in the 3rd round?

Rogers/Brees/Manning/Brady

1QB
2RB
2WR
1TE
1RB/WR/TE
1DEF

Back